where to buy canon 5d mark 3

True.
If i get caught max will be £400. £250 more than from website. £600 less than jessops.

Jessops are/were a very good photographic retailer who simply can't compete with the stuff that's being discussed here. As someone who used to employ a number of retail staff, I have every sympathy with a business which has to run within the rules and restrictions of business life on the UK high street. When they go bust (and they will), we will have very little left. :thumbsdown:

FourRingCircus said:
Guessing you work night-shift then?

I have come into work this morning and received a fine quote from Panamoz:

Canon 5D Mark III Body: 1995
Canon 7D Body: 780
BG-E7: 110
BG-E11: 185

The cameras come with English manual and UK chargers.

Now I probably need to wait another day, as I've just sent an e-mail confirming my order request and I need to know bank details/order-reference and it's already after 5pm in HK.

Can anyone confirm if the charger is actually a UK type; figure of 8 and not a US style two prong with adapter. This always bothered me with my grey import 7D.

Thanks

Can anyone confirm if the charger is actually a UK type; figure of 8 and not a US style two prong with adapter. This always bothered me with my grey import 7D.
It doesn't really matter what comes in the box. The charging unit itself is a multi-voltage 'global' unit and you can use any UK figure-8 lead to go into it.

Put another way, the charger itself is the same the world over and you can use whatever plug lead is applicable to the country you are in. They cost pennies and even if you get a foreign (2-pin) lead in the box, you can just buy a 3-pin UK lead here.

Jessops are/were a very good photographic retailer who simply can't compete with the stuff that's being discussed here. As someone who used to employ a number of retail staff, I have every sympathy with a business which has to run within the rules and restrictions of business life on the UK high street. When they go bust (and they will), we will have very little left. :thumbsdown:

You can get a 5d3 for 2.7k from a brick and motor store. check camera price buster.

It doesn't really matter what comes in the box. The charging unit itself is a multi-voltage 'global' unit and you can use any UK figure-8 lead to go into it.

Put another way, the charger itself is the same the world over and you can use whatever plug lead is applicable to the country you are in. They cost pennies and even if you get a foreign (2-pin) lead in the box, you can just buy a 3-pin UK lead here.

That's not actually the case, HDEW have been shipping non-UK chargers that have no lead but it has 2 flat pins built into it. They supply an adapter also but from what I saw it isn't legal to do so.

Panamoz supply a charger and UK lead with figure of eight end.

Last edited:
That's not actually the case, HDEW have been shipping chargers that have no lead but it has 2 flat pins built into it.
I stand corrected then! Does this mean that Canon also make a distinct charger which plugs (vertically) directly into a wall socket? I've never seen that.

FourRingCircus said:
I stand corrected then! Does this mean that Canon also make a distinct charger which plugs (vertically) directly into a wall socket? I've never seen that.

Not for the UK they don't but they do for the US.

So to clarify, Panamoz supply a UK charger and fig8 lead that doesn't require any adapters? Ie same as you get from say Jessops.

That's what I'm led to believe but I'll be in a position to clarify for sure in a day or two (hopefully). They have assured me that's the case and so have a few others who have already had their Panamoz deliveries.

Ross_Curtis said:
Not for the UK they don't but they do for the US.

So to clarify, Panamoz supply a UK charger and fig8 lead that doesn't require any adapters? Ie same as you get from say Jessops.

Correct

That's what I'm led to believe but I'll be in a position to clarify for sure in a day or two (hopefully). They have assured me that's the case and so have a few others who have already had their Panamoz deliveries.

It can be both exciting and frustrating watching the UPS tracker :)

Yup! Out of three separate consignments, I've got one box which has left HK but the other two don't even seem to have been collected yet......:thinking:

Ok people, I think I am going to go for it with Panamoz. I have been waiting it out uuumming and aaing about this although still unsure I am willing to risk 2k of my hard earned dough with these guys. So far I think I have counted 5 people on this thread who have praised them and all you guys just cant be fake ids created by panamoz themselves (yes I am that paranoid) so heres me giving it a shot. Will try to keep you guys updated on the status. Already have the invoice from them, just need to transfer the money now.

I wish one of there guys would become an active member of this forum. Would've given me a lot more confidence.. like Digitalrev.

alitech said:
Ok people, I think I am going to go for it with Panamoz. I have been waiting it out uuumming and aaing about this although still unsure I am willing to risk 2k of my hard earned dough with these guys. So far I think I have counted 5 people on this thread who have praised them and all you guys just cant be fake ids created by panamoz themselves (yes I am that paranoid) so heres me giving it a shot. Will try to keep you guys updated on the status. Already have the invoice from them, just need to transfer the money now.

Haha I know exactly how you feel, it is a bit of a squeaky bum moment. But sometimes you gotta go with your gut feeling, and like you say, so many people had positive feedback for them, I just said to hell with it. But now I know where I'll be getting my gear from in future!

i'm not affiliated with panamoz and have nothing to gain - but a couple of the guys on here who have brought 5d3s are long standing TP members - galaxy66 (mal) has over 6000 posts - bit of an elaborate scam i reckon :thinking:

alitech said:
I wish one of there guys would become an active member of this forum. Would've given me a lot more confidence.. like Digitalrev.

erm they have, check out the trade selling section !!

I can assure you I have no connection to Panamoz or Hong Kong as a matter of fact I have bought the bulk of my stuff from Kerso in the past
but the 5d3 price with Panamoz is just amazing so after reading up and contacting a few friends who have bought lots of stuff from them I jumped in and pulled the trigger

and I can say only good things about them they contacted me through out and the camera arrived well packed safe and sound - saving me a humungous 'wedge' on all other prices I have seen

I will still use Kerso as he is really top bloke and also does very keen prices if you email him

if you are worried about bank transfer to Panamoz pay via paypal

it will cost a couple of hundred more that way but if they go bust pay pal will get your money back

the mobile phone and tab forums have been using panamoz for a few years now and rave on about them

personally I paid via BT and kept the savings in my pocket
and must add I joined this forum in 2006 and have about 2000 posts so I really dont see the elaborate scam you seem to have got in your head

if your worried buy elsewhere simple
my 2p

Will Panamoz accept a split payment? Say £100 on credit card and the balance by bank transfer? That way you get Section 75 cover on the full transaction by putting a minimal amount on the card, yet retain the 5% discount on all but the £100. Just a thought...

Buttkicker said:
I can assure you I have no connection to Panamoz or Hong Kong as a matter of fact I have bought the bulk of my stuff from Kerso in the past
but the 5d3 price with Panamoz is just amazing so after reading up and contacting a few friends who have bought lots of stuff from them I jumped in and pulled the trigger

and I can say only good things about them they contacted me through out and the camera arrived well packed safe and sound - saving me a humungous 'wedge' on all other prices I have seen

I will still use Kerso as he is really top bloke and also does very keen prices if you email him

if you are worried about bank transfer to Panamoz pay via paypal

it will cost a couple of hundred more that way but if they go bust pay pal will get your money back

the mobile phone and tab forums have been using panamoz for a few years now and rave on about them

personally I paid via BT and kept the savings in my pocket
and must add I joined this forum in 2006 and have about 2000 posts so I really dont see the elaborate scam you seem to have got in your head

if your worried buy elsewhere simple
my 2p

Buy from the digital rev. They are only 150+ more but get peace of mind

Buy from the digital rev. They are only 150+ more but get peace of mind
Not sure I understand this sentiment at all. I'm currently watching three parcels heading my way and I have 100% peace of mind after paying over £3k by BT. Can't see why another (more expensive) supplier would add anything to that. At the end of the day, they are 'similar' suppliers working in very similar ways. As has been said already, if you are concerned about it, buy elsewhere.

Not sure I understand this sentiment at all. I'm currently watching three parcels heading my way and I have 100% peace of mind after paying over £3k by BT. Can't see why another (more expensive) supplier would add anything to that. At the end of the day, they are 'similar' suppliers working in very similar ways. As has been said already, if you are concerned about it, buy elsewhere.

I have just highlighted your lack of understanding my sentiment with the actual answer u answered yourself towards the end of your post.

Why do u think i suggested DR?

Panamoz sounds great but if tomorrow they go bust, your screwed and it wont matter what other TP guys have said.

if DR go bust, your covered.

Last edited:
Calm down people. Each to themselves. As I clearly indicated from my post, I have already decided to go with panamoz yet people are still suggesting to buy elsewhere if I am concerned. I want to make as much saving as I possibly can and willing to take the risk with panamoz. DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT tell me to buy elsewhere now. This post should be clear. If you do have to reply to my post, reply by telling me im have made the right choice, dont suggest to spend more money if I want protection. Clearly there is no one else beating panamoz right now for price, so the choice for me a clear.

Calm down people. Each to themselves. As I clearly indicated from my post, I have already decided to go with panamoz yet people are still suggesting to buy elsewhere if I am concerned. I want to make as much saving as I possibly can and willing to take the risk with panamoz. DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT tell me to buy elsewhere now. This post should be clear. If you do have to reply to my post, reply by telling me im have made the right choice, dont suggest to spend more money if I want protection. Clearly there is no one else beating panamoz right now for price, so the choice for me a clear.

what are u smoking? no one is saying for u to buy elsewhere. all me and some others have said is that if you are uncomfortable doing so, get it somewhere else :bonk::bonk:

what are u smoking? no one is saying for u to buy elsewhere. all me and some others have said is that if you are uncomfortable doing so, get it somewhere else :bonk::bonk:

Here we go again.

Let me spell it out for you. I am uncomfortable about buying from panamoz but I will do it because of all the praise they have received here as well as the massive savings I will make.

Now read the statement above as many times as you need so you understand it and memorise and its crystal clear to you.

You may notice that this statement makes your comments null and void. Move on buddy. Its decided. There will be no movement on my decision.

:plus1:

I have just highlighted your lack of understanding my sentiment with the actual answer u answered yourself towards the end of your post.

Why do u think i suggested DR?

Panamoz sounds great but if tomorrow they go bust, your screwed and it wont matter what other TP guys have said.

if DR go bust, your covered.

I don't know what you mean by this. What cover do you have if DR go bust that you don't have with Panamoz?

Last edited:
I don't know what you mean by this. What cover do you have if DR go bust that you don't have with Panamoz?

At a guess he means that folks will likely bank transfer to Panamoz as it offers the best price however if you use Digital Rev it would likely be with a credit card which would cover any losses that would occur. If that is what he means though it's a bit of a pointless statement as it's more to do with the payment method used rather than using one particular retailer over the other, as of course a credit card could be used for either retailer.

Edit: Of course my assumption might be completely wrong and there's something else that I'm not aware of.

Last edited:
At a guess he means that folks will likely bank transfer to Panamoz as it offers the best price however if you use Digital Rev it would likely be with a credit card which would cover any losses that would occur.

But if Panamoz will do as I suggested in #105 you can pretty much get the best of both worlds: low price and credit card cover.

Back