weekly Wornish's 52 2022 Week 52 added : Showcase

Technology - All worthy contenders, the abacus is my favourite. Having the valve on its own could have been an option.

Discarded - You let your digits do the talking here, it's well framed although the label sticking out is personally for me a distraction.

Flora - Did they run out of bulbs for the other side? I like the detail in the second one.

Unusual - Definitely meets the theme and well handled producing a bright correctly exposed image.

Snappers Choice - Great level of detail achieved, with the chosen one being my favourite too.

Trees - You are fast off the mark, I'm going with the second one as it is more appealing to look at. The splash of colour in the bluebells lifting it up.

Week 17 - Hole

Pinhole in a sheet of paper up close.

Pinhole-1.jpg

Different lighting

Pinhole-2.jpg

Nicely shot David! Great detail.
I thought I was quick off the mark this week, but you've beaten me to it.

I was hoping to get an in-focus shot of what is through the pinhole. But failed:(

Macro skills indeed. Great idea.
Black hole is best - adds some mystery.

I like both David, I can imagine an eye peering through the second shot.

Not gonna lie, I want even aware this was paper. Brilliant image

Week 18 - Sunset

May is not the best month for sunsets. Hands up I did a bit of pp on this image.

May-Sunset.jpg

Here is a sunrise that was taken earlier this year.

Sunrise-small.jpg

Last edited:
Both good shots David, I'm not sure if I'm digging the purple hue on the first though

Great colour... assume some processing involved? If so, it still works well with nice use of the silhouetted trees.

Week 19 - Sport(s), Tech - Monochrome

From long ago

Sport7.jpg

Amazing what you find in your cupboards

Sport5.jpg

I like them both. The composition in the top one looks simple, but is very effective.
They work very well in monochrome too.

Like both shots David, though I err towards the studs shot

Studs shot for me too David. Very well lit.
My studs were never that clean.

Week 20: Parallel

Parallel lines never meet

Parallel-1.jpg

Alternative

aka stripes.

Parallel-2.jpg

Another option

Parallel 3.jpg

Last edited:
I wish I has stripes like that on my grass! Nice spot and good shot for the theme.

My lawn is not big enough for strips, nor the remaining shape of it, the Mrs keeps buying plants.

Mind you less to cut.

Nicely taken pictures David, I like the curvy parallel strips best.

Pete

Quick off the mark there weren't you!? You've also pipped me to the idea I had as well! Great picture and I like how the lines disappear around the corner, good leading lines (y)

I like all three David, I might have leant towards the gate (I like shots of garden gates... :))

Week 21: Metal

Copper, Brass and Chrome - amazing what you keep in your shed!

Metal-1.jpg

Alternatives

More Shiny Copper

Metal-2.jpg

Another

Aluminium

Metal-3.jpg

Final choice

Steel - My well used tools

Metal-4.jpg

Last edited:
Good shots, but your chosen one is great - fast off the mark as usual David.....

You've chosen the best one David.
The lighting look warm, was it natural light?

Sadly not for me David, yes very quick off the mark but the metal which is ON theme seems just a quick rushed shot.
2nd shot would of been my choice.
It was actually a focus stack of 10 shots. I can't please everyone :) but I liked it the most.

If I don't do the subject straight away I will forget and then panic. I look forward to Thursday afternoons since starting this challenge, sad I know.

Last edited:
It was actually a focus stack of 10 shots. I can't please everyone :) but I liked it the most.

If I don't do the subject straight away I will forget and then panic. I look forward to Thursday afternoons since starting this challenge, sad I know.

Like you I look forward to Thursday as well even when I'm out I keep checking my phone to see, so not sad at all.

Very fitting shot chosed :D

I like it. I'd never dream of using such a composition. I wonder if the focus stacking is what made it work???

Back