Week 46 - Destruction
Week 47 - Ornament(al)
Week 48 - Curves
Week 49 - Tool(s)
Week 50 - Construction
Week 51 - Christmassy
Week 52 - Showcase

Week 1 - New + Techn ICM
My new iPhone image was taken using a manual zoom.

New---ICM.jpg

Last edited:
Nice simple shot David, good imagination for the ICM part. I like the colours.

Pete

Nice idea, and well done. It creates a really interesting effect, like 1970s TV special effects. I think it would look a little better without the bottom of the frame at the... er... top of the frame, but to crop it out would leave it a bit too tight.

Lovely shot and the first clever clogs awrtd of the year :)

Ooh, swing and a miss. It's almost perfect but if only that wooden frame at the top in the background had either been dead centre or not there at all. Good first effort though.

Ooh, swing and a miss. It's almost perfect but if only that wooden frame at the top in the background had either been dead centre or not there at all. Good first effort though.
Thanks , I agree should have centred the top wooden panel, or removed it in post processing.

Last edited:
Thanks , I think!
Not sure what an "awrtd" is though. Is it good or not so good?

It's like an award only with fat fingers :D

The number of times I've almost posted sh*tter speed/button instead of shUtter...

Well done on balancing the exposure for the screen and wood, whether done in camera or in PP. Shame about the frame.

Most of what I post and shiit is shot!

The manual zooming within the exposure works really well and gives the image a 3D quality.

A very good start! It makes a really interesting image. I'm planning on trying something similar for ICM. I've done panning etc but not yet zooming.

Another option for the old theme which I decided not to use. From a 55-year-old stamp collection.

old1.jpg

You're quick off the mark :)

Both fit the theme, but the tools are my favourite. They are characterful and the background and vignette work well for the theme too.

You've reminded me I have a very old savings stamp somewhere - I think it was sixpence :)

Last edited:
Speedy indeed. Both good but I too like the tools shot the best

You're quick off the mark :)

Both fit the theme, but the tools are my favourite. They are characterful and the background and vignette work well for the theme too.

You've reminded me I have a very old savings stamp somewhere - I think it was sixpence :)
The stamps are from my wife's stamp collection book she had when she was about 9 or 10 and that's 60 years ago!

Both fit well, it's the tools for me too, nice and 'earthy'. Although, as a carpenter, seeing that chisel having been abused like that makes me want to cry! :sorry::sorry:

Last edited:
Reactions: Nod
Both fit well, it's the tools for me too, nice and 'earthy'. Although, as a carpenter, seeing that chisel having been abused like that makes me want to cry! :sorry::sorry:
That was not my father have to admit I may have been a bit careless when I was younger! Glad they have plastic handles on current ones.

Nice choice, and nice down to earth tools tools. I like the workbench they are on too. Did you try it in B&W?

Nice choice, and nice down to earth tools tools. I like the workbench they are on too. Did you try it in B&W?
Thanks. Never thought of trying it in B&W.
I think this works quite well.

Old BW.jpg

Last edited:
Nice still life David, I think I prefer the colour version. Really suits the theme.

The tools shot is lovely, but I feel that it loses something in mono. The original colour version has a warmth to it, and the paint and wear on both the bench and tools suggests history and memories. The vignette works well too.

I agree that the warmth from the colour brings more to this shot, very appealing. Maybe the tools look a bit staged to my eyes, how would they end up if a workman had just put them down?

Back