weekly Wornish's 52 2022 Week 52 added : Showcase

Quick off the mark, I imagine all these bits are contained in the "man drawer" as you never know when you might need them!

Quick off the mark, I imagine all these bits are contained in the "man drawer" as you never know when you might need them!
More than one man draw I have a shed full of very useful stuff I can't throw away!

Good images David, I particularly like the coins with the image of the Vitruvian Man on it. I am a little disappointed that you don't have any flying the maple leaf but I'll get over it... :D

A good collection of treasure David, from all over the place by the looks of it.

Pete

I love the parallel lines shot you’ve chosen. they lead you nicely through the image.

Torn on the metal shots. All good. I like the randomness of the first. The aluminium reminds me of a snail shell. Lots of metal!

Treasure: the heavy vignette suits the subject well. I used to have a treacle tin full of pennies that I collected with my Granddad as a little girl. This reminds me of them. Sadly they ‘disappeared’ when we moved house. Some dated back to the 1700s.

Last edited:
I love the parallel lines shot you’ve chosen. they lead you nicely through the image.

Torn on the metal shots. All good. I like the randomness of the first. The aluminium reminds me of a snail shell. Lots of metal!

Treasure: the heavy vignette suits the subject well. I used to have a treacle tin full of pennies that I collected with my Granddad as a little girl. This reminds me of them. Sadly they ‘disappeared’ when we moved house. Some dated back to the 1700s.
The coins all came from a jar my son used to keep his spare currency from holiday travel.

Last edited:
Good stuff David - the angle on No1 gives it the nod from me :)

Good treasure shots there and you’ve annoyed me slightly as I had planned to take a similar shot! Haha

I like the vignette you’ve added it really adds to the shot. Love how you have so many different currencies too.

Good treasure shot David. Very well lit.
I had an identical idea to use my old box of coins but you beat me to it!

From this angle, I can almost imagine it being a tipped over stone from Stonehenge.

I like the lighting on the treasure shot - your chosen is definitely the better of the two for me.
Solid - that definitely fits the bill. Nice pov.

That made me want to burst into song.... 'solid.....solid as a rock'.

I like the viewpoint and you can't get much more solid than a rock!

That made me want to burst into song.... 'solid.....solid as a rock'.

I like the viewpoint and you can't get much more solid than a rock!

That's been stuck in my mind since I read it was the next thing.

Week 24: Begins with the Letter P

Pair of Poppy Pics

Small-Pair-Poppy-Pics.jpg

Alternatives

Pretty Pink Peonies

Small-Peony-HDR.jpg

Perfect Pink Rose

Pink-Rose-Small.jpg

All looking good David, poppies around here are looking a bit bedraggled, We have a one in the garden which I'm waiting for the buds to open.

Pete

You're just way too organized David. I'm thinking that you posted this just to make me (and everyone else) jealous :D

You're just way too organized David. I'm thinking that you posted this just to make me (and everyone else) jealous :D
That is my one tidy drawer. I dare not show you what's in the bottom draw! If I open it I would need all day to get it closed again.

Nice shot and organisation David, and patience in waiting for the right shot for the tech!

That is my one tidy drawer. I dare not show you what's in the bottom draw! If I open it I would need all day to get it closed again.
LOL, that's my EVERY drawer. If I had a drawer like you photographed it would only have been that way for a day at the most... :D

Treasure - Nice level of detail, might have cropped from the top to remove background to provide more focus on the coins.

Solid - It's big, heavy and you are not going to miss it!

Beginning with letter P - Interesting compositions with super vibrant colours.

Snappers Choice - well suited to the monochrome conversion. Personally I see the strap as too bright and might have toned it down. Nice collection.

1. is really quite stunning.

I love the red/oranges against the greens, lively detail in the open flowers too.

Very nicely captured and lovely colours.

I also really like the jug. The coloured lighting is very effective. I can see the top horizontal is straight but weirdly it’s giving me the idea that it’s a bit wonky. Maybe the base isn’t horizontal?

Very nicely captured and lovely colours.

I also really like the jug. The coloured lighting is very effective. I can see the top horizontal is straight but weirdly it’s giving me the idea that it’s a bit wonky. Maybe the base isn’t horizontal?
Thanks. I see now what you mean about it looking a bit wonky I think it's just the angle I took the picture at and the light doing strange things with the glass.

Back