Review Would love some pointers on this edit ....

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and didn't realize I even liked photography / image editing until a few weeks ago to be honest :D Basically (short as I posted some of this in the welcome forum) I won a DJI Mini 2 drone the other week, which has 4k capability and also takes RAW photos. I'm also a computer programmer by trade so love playing around with anything new, so I did some research into RAW photos and their capability and I really liked how well they can be made to look in post. Since then I must have taken hundreds of photo's and began editing a few - I'm really enjoying it! I even throw the drone in the car most times I go out just in case I pass somewhere of interest etc.!

Here is my very first attempt at editing a RAW photo, In my very amateurish opinion I think it looks OK, but like I said I am a complete beginner!

I'd love to have some constructive criticism / ideas / tips / anything! Don't hold back!

Happy to share the .DNG file too if anyone wants to show off their skills!

Thanks in advance!
Chris

In terms of the processing it looks OK to me although I might drop the highlights a bit and lift the shadows as it's a bit dark in the foreground, I might also try to get some more definition in the sky (a bit of contrast on a grad filter in your PP software?).

It's always a good idea to have an idea of how you want the photo to look, at least roughly, before editing. There's lots that could be done with a raw file so you need to make some choices.

It's always a good idea to have an idea of how you want the photo to look

This. It's much easier to constructively comment when the photographer states what they were trying to achieve (and if they know - how they think it falls short). The problem with a lot of photography critique is that (for example) if you say that it looks too dark, the photographer turns around and says they wanted an atmospheric look.

If you don't know what you think about it, then others will almost certainly feel the same way.

Back