Your all mine My DEERS. All mine

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
No
Was at margam park yesterday with fella photography mate and TP member Mike Warbuton. It was a great morning and one I'm gonna have to repeat.
I took loads of photos and thanks to Mikes advice about using a tripod as the light never started off the best and for the focal lenght. Well I must say it made a vast improvement in my images. Cheers Mike. Well heres one of the photos I liked from the day just for the pure nature of it.
297463_10150360530854450_686584449_7909098_17294931_n.jpg

Nice shot. I do love Margam Park. I'm born and bred in Port Talbot, but moved away a few years back. Still get back to see the family from time to time though.

To my eyes, it looks a little over saturated, but that's just my opinion, obviously :)

I don't remember seeing that many all together the last time I was down there.

Ok here is another edit of it with the sat turned down and a slightly diff crop.

303784_10150360682549450_686584449_7909978_2021380003_n.jpg

I like that much better, seems more natural to me. Again, it's purely my opinion though!

Are you from Port Talbot?

I like that much better, seems more natural to me. Again, it's purely my opinion though!

Are you from Port Talbot?

I have to agree with you Dave the second edit works much much better. I liked the first one but love the second. As the saying goes it helps to have an extra pair of eyes. No Dave I'm not from Port Talbot . I'm from up the Valleys in a small town call Blackwood.

(y)

I have to agree with you Dave the second edit works much much better. I liked the first one but love the second. As the saying goes it helps to have an extra pair of eyes. No Dave I'm not from Port Talbot . I'm from up the Valleys in a small town call Blackwood.

(y)

I know Blackwood, been to a few gigs there.

Glad that you like the alterations, I agree.

Great shot Darren, I am not a huge fan of too much saturation but it seems to suite #1 a treat. Could see this type of picture on a tin of Shortbread biscuits or similar (y)

Great shot Darren, I am not a huge fan of too much saturation but it seems to suite #1 a treat. Could see this type of picture on a tin of Shortbread biscuits or similar (y)

Thank you very much

That's just beautiful Darren - and the 2nd crop and desaturation is a huge improvement.
I haven't been to Margam for years, but that's inspired me to make a trip over the next few weeks.

Cheers Sarah. Was the first time I had been to Margam to photograph the deers. We was too late in the season to see any rutting. And starting next month they start culling them so the may not be soo many of them there to photograph. I'll try and dig out the email I had off of them and post it here for you to let you know the dates that It is shut due to the cull

Hi Darren,

Thank you for your E-Mail.

The rutting season will start in October if you want to come down and take some pictures, however, if you are coming in November the park will be closed on a Monday & Tuesday morning (open from 1pm – 4.30pm) due to the cull.

If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you.

Alex Donovan
Administrative Assistant

Margam Country Park
01639 881635

www.margamcountrypark.co.uk

I love Margam Park - visited last year whilst on holiday in South Wales - I wish I lived a bit nearer! This year I have spent time at Bradgate Park (nearer my home) and have also had a trip to Richmond/Bushy Park ....

Anyway super photo - agree with the one Red Deer hind on the right being slightly cropped out being a negative - but overall a very good effort :)

Back