Your favourite plane?

First post for me so please be gentle..

A6-EDK2.jpg

Cheers

Passenger jets not normaly my cup of tea but this shot is outstanding !!

some really nice pics here....Love the after-burn on img 380...and A380 one...great shot...so where was airbus clicked...I normally get crap views from Aviation Park in Manchester...

Ahoy fellow aviation toggers!

There is a Cold War Jets Open Day at Bruntingthorpe Airfield on 29th May 2011. Gates open @ 09.00 and there are as far as I know taking part: Nimrod, Iskra, Jet Provost, E.E. Lightning, Canberra, Bucaneer, Hunter, Victor, Vulcan (there may be a second non-flying Vulcan, and the last action of the day is the airworthy Vulcan taking off to head back home), as well as other static displays like the Guppy and Lighnings, so should be a kerosene filled, loud (take your ear defenders), smelly in-your-face day with full powered taxi-ing down the 2 mile runway subject to aircraft being available and serviceable (spool-up and turn on those afterburners and give me some re-heat).

I asked the Lightning Group and they said there are no restrictions as to what you can photograph, so it's open season on the EEL.

A couple of additional reference websites below.

Bruntingthorpe Airfield

English Electric Lightning

Anyway, I hope the info will be useful to TP aviation toggers (at least in the UK), as this is right up my street and hopefully it'll be sunny (just ordered another Lexar 8Gb 200x CF Card from Play.com just for the event - 30MB/s - £59.99 on the High St :eek:), so pass the word on about the event.

Tally Ho!

Last edited:

this one makes you watch your weight if you want to get up with the pilot

Not gor any of my own pics as dad has all our pics of my faves but mine is/was F-111s and Victors. These days i love the Apache.

Ben

Here's some of Mine Fram Kandahar - this time last year
1. USMC F18 with fancy tail

USMC_F18_fancy.jpg
[/IMG]

2. Mi-26 - because a chopper THAt big shouldn't fly

Mi26.jpg
[/IMG]

3. A-10 - *** they look mean

KAF_A10_2.jpg
[/IMG]

4. BAe 146 - *** we managed to put a Sqn zap on the nose

BAe_146.jpg

More great shots.Love the Iron Maiden one!!!
and the A10 does look the business.

My photo of the Iron Maiden plane taken at the same time as Bazza's but from a different angle.

webeditironmaiden.jpg

the comet for me, first jet air liner, and British too, only got some poor pics from Duxford though, will have to visit again now i have a decent camera, followed by Concorde, what a fantastic plane, well ahead of its time, just too expensive to run, cant beleive we no longer have a supersonic jet airliner, then spitfire and harrier, great pieces of engineering, what lenses to you guys suggest for plane photos, im guessing 400 or more.

Wow some really nice photos here... really tempted to go down and shoot planes now. My father loves watching planes and listening to radio chitchat, used to go watch planes at the airport when I was young!

I joined Airport-Data.com which is a global aircraft registration website and excellent for reference material. I've been uploading some of my images, which you can see here. The list gets ever longer.

Worth the free membership and upload your images. Nothing like Jetphotos.net etc, but you can report errors and cross-reference to different registration numbers etc if a particular aircraft has had many owners and been registered around the world and/or for both civil and military use.

Worth bookmarking.

eos1 said:
The Vulcan and Mig-21 are probably my favourites.

+1 on the Vulcan. It sound great. Saw it fly over my sisters house as part of Farnborough airshow last year. I chose to wait till the day after when I was due to attend the show to get photos. Unfortunately the Vulcan was grounded at it had burned out its brakes landing the day before :(

Back