Your favourite plane?

The TSR2 - the one that got away - was an impressive machine.

Quite a lot of technology/ideas found itself in the Tornado. So, in a sense we did get it - or parts of it!

Sorry about my old copyright marks on these...
Mig-29 'Fulcrum'
3492272278_ca0fe4f841_o.jpg

Sepecat Jaguar GR3
3491926491_8a3ac37054_o.jpg

Panavia Tornado F3 (Sorry for it being a bit smaller)
3785227485_d2309ec6bb_z.jpg

Shame that one of those is gone from service (GR3) and the other is on the brink (F3).:thumbsdown:

Hi I joined this forum because of this thread, and to be able to contribute my photo of the Lancaster.

(I hope this works). I notice that some of the photos here are larger than the 800 pixel limit. So can I link larger photos straight from another website without using the talk photography gallery?

Hope you like the shot.

David

Hi I joined this forum because of this thread, and to be able to contribute my photo of the Lancaster.

(I hope this works). I notice that some of the photos here are larger than the 800 pixel limit. So can I link larger photos straight from another website without using the talk photography gallery?

Hope you like the shot.

David

Hi David,

Like your shot well done. (y)

You can link your shots from other hosting sites such as Flickr etc..

Glen.

Thanks Glen. As an alternative to the Lancaster how about a group of Spitfires?

8982475.d842acf7.1024.jpg

Not such good light as the Lancaster but less often seen together.

David

Nice idea for a thread.(y)

Favourite prop........
Own-Choiceweb-1.jpg

As for jets, it used to be this.......
Transportweb-1.jpg

But then i saw this.......
22web-1.jpg

But if push come to shove, id say the Harrier. It was the first plane i really took notice of, during the Falklands conflict. Its a shame to see them go really.
Dean:)

Taken at Broughton air show. I waited ages for a little sunlight to brighten things up on an otherwise grey day.

A380.jpg

First day as a member so here goes with my first attempt.

Gloster Gladiator by looperp55, on Flickr

A little bit of biplane beauty, the Gloster Gladiator.

More like it!!
My Dad is currently building a Gloster Gamecock, the predessor to the Gladiator. There is also a local company building a Gladiator from the bits we recovered from the mountains in Norway a few years ago.

More like it!!
My Dad is currently building a Gloster Gamecock, the predessor to the Gladiator. There is also a local company building a Gladiator from the bits we recovered from the mountains in Norway a few years ago.

Make a new thread and tell us more please

I like all planes but do like to get them doing something a little diffrent :)
Rob.
TYPHOON-HEAT-1.jpg

nice-2.jpg

sent-2-1.jpg

tight-1.jpg

tyy-1.jpg

H1.jpg

some more stupendous shots!:)
(Anyone sell them as prints?If so,please pm me.)

There are some great photos on here.

For those who like the A-10 here is one:-

81-0954.jpg

but my favourite military aircraft is the F-15 Strike Eagle:-

91-0334.jpg

And while there have been some excellent A.380 shots posted, you can't beat the 747 in my book:-

G-VGAL.jpg

Regards,

Neil

My fave is the Sr71 blackbird.

image from goooooogle

765px-Lockheed_SR-71_Blackbird.jpg

These were from Waddington in the summer

131451443.jpg

131450432.jpg

131451454.jpg

The last ones a bit unusual - there are only 8 arrows - the female pilot had food poisoning that day :puke:

Havent got pics of my Favourite 3 planes but they are the EE Lightening, Vulcan (except old slides from the 70's) & Catalina, but glad others have posted all three

Woops almost forgot Concorde

Damm as you go through the images there are so many other aircraft I have either worked on or seen, Hunters, TRS 2, Shackleton, Buc Halifax, etc etc

Last edited:
Back