Your favourite plane?

got to be the vulcan all time fav british at its best we all should love it

got to be the vulcan all time fav british at its best we all should love it

I loved seeing it fly in these last couple of years just hope they can get enough cash to keep it flying
602085800_cw3Uj-XL.jpg

602081183_rbF9S-XL.jpg

374609299_H7ve4-XL-1.jpg

374609521_G43WT-XL-1.jpg

cheers
Chris

I have but they're only snapshots taken 8 and 9 years ago on a compact of the era.

Any chance you could scan them please, so we could have a look?

I used to have a real passion for the heavy prop jobs. Probably something to do with going to a secondary school under the final approaches to RAF Northolt! I remember the voice of the teacher being drowned out by the noise of a landing C130, C160, Convair, Constellation (rare) or similar.

Wow, I am having a real nostalgia fest just remembering......

This thread is great, thank you :clap:

I used to have a real passion for the heavy prop jobs. Probably something to do with going to a secondary school under the final approaches to RAF Northolt! I remember the voice of the teacher being drowned out by the noise of a landing C130, C160, Convair, Constellation (rare) or similar.

Wow, I am having a real nostalgia fest just remembering......

This thread is great, thank you :clap:

How's this for Northolt nostalgia ;)

AC-341r.jpg

Rob

Some wonderful shots of great aircraft (y)

My two are the F4 Phantom (just love the shape) Dont even know if any are flying now.

And the Messerschmitt Me 262 (baddass Shark).

Here you are. A selection from the ones I have. The first 3 are of one at the Pima museum, near to the massive Davis Monthan plane scrapyard Tucson Arizona. Taken in 2001 on a Casio 2000 2mp compact.

p441715711.jpg

p432870044.jpg

p87641323.jpg

These are of one at a museum a few miles south of the Grand Canyon airport. It was used by General McArthur as his personal transport. The lady at the museum was proud to tell me that it was still "airworthy". Seeing that it was fenced in I asked when did it last fly. She said five years ago, so then that would be 1997. Apparently a mechanic visits once in a while and gets the engines running. The "once in a while" runs in to years. Taken in 2002 on a Casio QV 4000 of about 3mp or so. It was a good camera - at the time.

p118382731.jpg

p369346472.jpg

p235503468.jpg

Hi all,

I don’t really post much here but pop in from time to time and have a look around. I really couldn’t resist this though. Some of my favourite aircraft hope you like them too. (y)

ALL your shots are fantastic Glen :clap::clap::clap:

PS Favourite plane would be the A-10 but I don't think I'd spot one anytime soon though!

Surprised the A-10 has not come up more.

I used to love holiday's in Bala (N Wales). A-10's used to circle round the camp site really low. Most amazing noise. Used to do dummy runs up the lake, which was especially fun when canoeing up it :)

Anyone got any A-10 shots ?? :naughty:

Good thread :) For me, it has to be Spitfires. I'm also a fan of some of the more unusual looking British 50s and 60s jets. DeHavilland Sea Vixen, English Electric Lightning, DeHavilland Venom to name but a few.

Spitfires_-_resized.jpg

Spitfire_in_turn_-_resized.jpg

Spitfire_landing_-_resized.jpg

Some wonderful shots of great aircraft (y)

My two are the F4 Phantom (just love the shape) Dont even know if any are flying now.

And the Messerschmitt Me 262 (baddass Shark).

Shot these German F/4’s at RIAT Departures day this year.

IMG_66967.jpg

IMG_66977.jpg

IMG_66987.jpg

A few more that some of you have expressed a desire to see.

IMG_6828.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_54597.jpg

IMG_54287.jpg

IMG_54027.jpg

IMG_53917.jpg

Surprised the A-10 has not come up more.

I used to love holiday's in Bala (N Wales). A-10's used to circle round the camp site really low. Most amazing noise. Used to do dummy runs up the lake, which was especially fun when canoeing up it :)

Anyone got any A-10 shots ?? :naughty:

I love the A10 but the only shot I have of one is a tatty thing at the Pima Arizona museum. I have some shots of its gun and the workings, again in the museum.

I guage my love for any particular aeroplane by the die cast models [Corgi etc] that I have of them. I have a big-ish A10, and 31 other types.

I've only taken photos on one aircraft so far. But hopefully should get more:

AV-8A by redddraggon, on Flickr

AV-8A by redddraggon, on Flickr

They were taken without flash, and they've come out pretty well considering the Imperial War Museum in Salford is really dark.

Thank you so much for the Connie shots Michael (y)

I know its cheeky but I don't suppose you've got any shots with the Connies tails in have you? (Maybe educational for our younger viewers :D)

Also, thanks to Rob for the Northolt C130 shot (Canadian AF?) that certainly brought back memories of cycling down to the spotters enclosure at Northolt when I was a nipper lol!

Alan

Thank you so much for the Connie shots Michael (y)

I know its cheeky but I don't suppose you've got any shots with the Connies tails in have you? (Maybe educational for our younger viewers :D)

Alan

Pretty crap but best I have. These were taken before DSLRs with their wide lenses. Hopefully I'm going back to one of these places next March so I'll do better.

p423734275.jpg

p77677262.jpg

p63419632.jpg

Rockwell B1 [swing wing bomber] and F14 tomcat. No pictures that are even remotely worthy of putting up here.

Pretty crap but best I have. These were taken before DSLRs with their wide lenses. Hopefully I'm going back to one of these places next March so I'll do better.

p423734275.jpg

p77677262.jpg

p63419632.jpg

You sir are a true gent! Thank you for taking the time to scan and post these you've made a middle aged man very happy lol!!! :clap:

You sir are a true gent! Thank you for taking the time to scan and post these you've made a middle aged man very happy lol!!! :clap:

You're welcome. I sent you a PM earlier asking if you wanted the rest that I have via my web site. Get back to me.

Mine [in no real order]

2640280242_ca0895994d_o.jpg

4763508541_957e1a03c0_b.jpg

2640276994_ff1018d8f2_o.jpg

Buttkicker...I would love to see a Phantom through the Loop. Low and LOUD

Rory
not completly beyond the realms of possiblities still plenty of Phantoms in service with the German airforce and they visit our bases a few times each year
just last week they had some GR4's Low in the UK

I guess we can daydream LOL

A few more of my favourites. Sorry guys, I have way too many! :help:

IMG_9244.jpg

IMG_9276.jpg

IMG_9348.jpg

IMG_9703.jpg

IMG_9650.jpg

IMG_9901.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Mine without question is a Mosquito but I don't think I've got a single picture of one :(

Unfortunately there are none flying at the moment.

Here are a few I took at the de Havilland museum at Salisbury Hall, north of London.

The museum's B Mk 35 which is complete but not airworthy.

Mosquito B-35 Emerging from Hanger by wuzak_f1, on Flickr

Mosquito B-35 by wuzak_f1, on Flickr

The original prototype Mosquito W4050 in the hanger behind Salisbury Hall in which it was constructed. At the time (June 2007) W4050 was undergoing restoration.

P for Prototype by wuzak_f1, on Flickr

W4050 in bits by wuzak_f1, on Flickr

One of my favourite aircraft is the DH 88 Comet. This is Grosvenor House, which is housed in the Shuttleworth collection, and is still airworthy.

grosvenor house by wuzak_f1, on Flickr

In the words of Highlander.... There can be only one!!

This is my favourite, I love the design and its arguably the best aircraft we never had. If only it hadn't been for the damn politicians :bang::bang:

C90B6941.jpg

C90B6908.jpg

C90B6798-3.jpg

IMG_5085.jpg

C90B6806-3.jpg

The older aircraft were built from men with dreams,the moden ones ,well the computer builds them,a little sad.

In the words of Highlander.... There can be only one!!

This is my favourite, I love the design and its arguably the best aircraft we never had. If only it hadn't been for the damn politicians :bang::bang:

C90B6941.jpg

C90B6908.jpg

C90B6798-3.jpg

IMG_5085.jpg

C90B6806-3.jpg

Nice, another one of my Grandad's specials. Along with the Brabazon, F111 and Concorde.

Back