Your favourite plane?

Ooh so many favourite planes

Top of the list has to be Concorde - just stunning.

P51 Mustang
A10 Thunderbolt
SAAB Draken

The Draken was nice but I think the Viggen was nicer. Both unique designs from that age.

Some amazing shots on here :) I am going to add another one from my original F-16. This is not my shot but one by a chap called Huw Hopkins.

5132495452_afe52c4671_b.jpg

How on earth or above earth are some of these shots taken?Are they taken by yourselves?Are you up in another plane in tandem?New to all this.Are you all professionals who'vetaken these?Totally stunning.I want some to frame!

F-117A Nighthawk Stealth fighter.

LKWnp.jpg

Only kidding!

eXhrD.jpg

OqAxK.jpg

Obviously the images are not mine.

Here are a few of my husband's favourites from Kemble 2010. Apologise for large copyright, i'm just too lazy to re do them smaller.

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

I must admit after looking at this thread i might be tempted to go along with him to Kemble next year.There are some great shots in this thread.

Ryan, love that Tornado and F-15 shot, where was that taken?
I want to get to the Mach Loop in Wales sometime as I keep seeing low level shots like this which are just stunning :0)

I want to get to the Mach Loop in Wales sometime as I keep seeing low level shots like this which are just stunning :0)

You've answered your question. ;)

Kev.

I have no pictures of my favourites......

Spitfire
Lancaster
Vulcan
Harrier

&

Concorde

Looks like the eldest two of them might be the only ones flying soon enough which is a real shame!

XB-70 Valkyrie.. Only wish I could see it fly. Or even find my pics of the surviving specimen in it's hangar!

How about you read the thread title again. "Your favourite plane?". Nowhere does it specify the pictures of the planes have to be your own.

Secondly, The photos are not watermarked and came from google, I tried my best to find out who took them but it's impossible sometimes.

Thirdly, I did not express that the photos were mine therefore I am not breaking any copyright laws. Additionally, photography is about taking a picture of someone else to see. Aslong as I am not selling, using, or trying to pawn off someone elses hard work as my own then why is it bad form? I'd be delighted and humbled if someone saw my image amongst a bunch and thought it was best.

Gents,

This has been one of the best, most active threads on this forum in absolutely ages. Lets keep the bickering to PMs between individuals so that everyone else can enjoy some fine aircraft.

Cheesy

How about you read the thread title again. "Your favourite plane?". Nowhere does it specify the pictures of the planes have to be your own.

Secondly, The photos are not watermarked and came from google, I tried my best to find out who took them but it's impossible sometimes.

Thirdly, I did not express that the photos were mine therefore I am not breaking any copyright laws. Additionally, photography is about taking a picture of someone else to see. Aslong as I am not selling, using, or trying to pawn off someone elses hard work as my own then why is it bad form? I'd be delighted and humbled if someone saw my image amongst a bunch and thought it was best.

How about you learning some Photography
basic manners - My images are not watermarked but I dont expect to see them taken from my website and posted on a public forum by a stranger with me being given no credit what so ever
Like I said its very poor form

My favourite aircraft is the Blackbird SR71 as posted at the beginning of this thread but as I have no image of my own so did not post one

so take it how you like... in my opinion its VERY poor form to post high quality images with out crediting the photographer

To get back on track-
The Phoon does have a special place for me:

DSC_8086.jpg

DSC_7636.jpg

DSC_7604.jpg

Kev.

Kev, love that second shot! Never got a good shot of the Typhoon :0(
Still trying to get that burner cone shot on full reheat :0) one day !

Thanks.
Come down to Coningsby one Friday next spring. I'll get you plenty of burner shots and vapour! (y)
By the end of March the practise routine for the seasons display is usually well honed. :D
He gets nice and low by then..

Kev.

Great shots of the Typhoon.This thread is giving a lot of pleasure.Thanks.
One of my favourite short stories is "The Shepherd" by Frederick Forsyth..some of you may know it...involving a Vampire jet and a Mosquito.Well worth a read, very apt for Halloween!

Some great shots here.

I'm going to dare to be a little bit different with a photo of my current favourite plane, the C27J Spartan. It's not really because of what it looks like, as much as the things it can do. I saw this at Farnborough both this year and back in 2008, and I still can't fathom why on earth any transport aircraft should be able to perform a loop. That alone makes it pretty cool to me.

Apologies for shot not being taken from the greatest angle!

Thanks Buttkicker for the Buccaneer shots.
Lovely looking things - I remember them well from several visits to Gibraltar.

thanks mate they was taken at the mach loop you really must go there's nothing better then jets low level at 700 mph

mine is the lightning, and i love your shot Kev, it just shows the power that they had.

they are literally a pair of engines with a seat strapped to the top aren't they.

(y)

I remember going to an RAF Roadshow on holiday as a child (c. 1987/88 - so must have been around the time the Lightning was leaving service) and they had the front end of a Lightning that you could sit in - it was small even for an 8 year old boy!

Back