weekly Yvette's 52 for 2020

Winter
Yup, that's certainly winter.

Book
Good point of view and looks good in b&w.

Book - Works well in b/W and stands out from the background

Winter and book are both super shots, well done :)

Week 11 Transport

Poised to Go.JPG

As self isolating, ....an archive image from 9/19. Lucky to live near Lakenheath , which helps my fondness for fast jets!

Last edited:
That's a great POV and unusual to get that view without the usual airfield detritus, and even better to get it with the engines running! Where were you to get this without a fence etc in the way - generally I've found USAF Security Forces to be unaccommodating to those who are supposed to be there, let alone "civilians with big cameras" (minor assumption on my part...)

That's a great POV and unusual to get that view without the usual airfield detritus, and even better to get it with the engines running! Where were you to get this without a fence etc in the way - generally I've found USAF Security Forces to be unaccommodating to those who are supposed to be there, let alone "civilians with big cameras" (minor assumption on my part...)

Thank you for your kind comments. I was at one of the viewing areas at Lakenheath, not the official public one, but the lay by corner on the other side. It is kinder light wise from that direction. I crossed over the road and had my lens hood against the wire fence as the planes were taxing out towards me. I used a Canon 6d, with a 70-200 2.8L, and a 1.4 converter.
Happy days!

That's a great shot of the plane. I like the b&w conversion.
(Your link doesn't work)

Cool image, I really like the POV and the mono PP. Good job for the theme

Transport - I love that great PoV and the mono processing really works well.

Fence - Nice use of the barbed wire as a leading line.

Week 13 ; Flora

Flora.JPG

Sorry it's late, does it still count ? And it's a snatched i phone shot, perhaps I should use it more often! (With a bit more effort!)

Very pleasant shot! Great light on the tulip, I like it that you separate the background by brightness (or lack thereof) rather than blurring it out with DoF!

I know the feeling - working from home seems to mean "I expect you to be permanently available" for both my boss and the guys who work for me... Nice colourful shot of the lockdown though!

I rather like that Yvette. A nice colourful domestic scene.
It reminds me that I need to go and clean the windows though.

Hi Yvette,

Just doing some catch up...
I really like how your shot for Tools has come out. Thanks for explaining how it was achieved too. Something I'll have to try.
Nice shot for discarded. I do like the colour that old, rusty metal adds.
Broken is a nicely lined up image.
Ability is a great well taken shot. Great colours in the BG.
Gotta love the presence of an F15 jet. My Wife and I go past Lakenheath a fair bit and almost always pop in for a look. The feel of the take off is incredible! The mono works really well here.
Good shot for Time. I thing there are a whole heap of jobs that have been ticked off this Easter weekend - I know I have!

I know what you are doing next, you need to fix that fence;)

I like the colours and there is a story to the picture as well.

Pete

Every picture tells a story and this one does it very nicely. Simple and somehow has a lovely element of peacefulness.

Week 15: Snapper's Choice and Technique: High Key
The Late Bride.jpg

(Wasn't there a discussion about what exactly high key was?)

I was the Friend( free!) photographer for this very low key wedding, and was set up for the interior shots, when I saw the Bride dashing across the car park because it was a bit drizzly. No time to do anything so I just shot anyway. It was way overexposed, but I quite liked it. So did she!

That's a great shot.. very natural and a lovely expression on the brides face. Works so well for the high key technique too.

Yep that's what you call high key (y)

Back