Weekly Yvette's 52 for 2020

OP
OP
Y
Edit My Images
No
Loving the rainbow effect. How did you achieve it?
This was organised at a practical for our camera club. Put the forks ( or anything) on a polarised light source. Use a polarising filter on your lens. We used an old ( non led) screen. But you could use a light box, and put a polarising sheet on it. It was very interesting. I’m not very technical so I had to ask the guy who did it!

Name
Roger
Edit My Images
Yes
Like the tight crop and the DOF you have used.

Fuji Dave

Terminator
Name
Arnie
Edit My Images
No
First off the mark this week, and a good shot too. Can`t beat a nice bit of rust.

Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
I too like a bit of rust. A pretty good composition, but I'd like to see a little more space above. I do like the more modern looking wheels, mixed in with the older stuff.

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Nice discarded shot. It's all about that big X

Cobra

Mr. Floyd
Staff member
Name
Phitt, Hissy Phitt
Edit My Images
No
I really like the big old rusty wheels.
But like Tim, no so keen on the more modern pushchair wheels
Fits the theme nicely though

minx

Papillon
Edit My Images
Yes
Tools - very colourful, and clever.
Discarded - Great find for the theme, the pushchair wheel to indicate the size of the larger ones.

Name
Andrea
Edit My Images
Yes
That's a super idea and subject for Tools, Yvette, and thanks for explaining how it was created. I'd love to try that at our club!

Rust is always a good colour and texture in photographs so the big wheels are a bit hit for me , and I like the contrast of the smaller wheels on the abandoned pushchair. Well done spotting that scene and getting it posted so quickly!; I'm still thinking

Name
Helen
Edit My Images
No
Right on theme. Nicely composed and good dof. Not sure if I find the puddle slightly distracting but then it's framed by the wheel.

Name
Heather
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Yvette,
Quite a few discarded items there by the looks of it, love the texture in the rust.

Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
It's lovely. The exposure is spot on, the pose is good too. My only little gripe is, I'd like to see the horses eye, they are very expressive.

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
An interesting choice of angle, I’m also taking the regimented straight on approach, maybe I need to investigate alternative options.
The link on the main feed for this image appears to only be text and not “clickable”

OP
OP
Y
Edit My Images
No
An interesting choice of angle, I’m also taking the regimented straight on approach, maybe I need to investigate alternative options.
The link on the main feed for this image appears to only be text and not “clickable”
Oh dear. ....I shall try and rectify that tomorrow...

Name
Roger
Edit My Images
Yes
Really like this shot, great people shot which you rarely see on the 52.

Fuji Dave

Terminator
Name
Arnie
Edit My Images
No
I have seen some great people shots over the years in the 52, and this is another one. Beautifully taken with great lighting and pose, bang on and a cracker.

Fuji Dave

Terminator
Name
Arnie
Edit My Images
No
OP
OP
Y
Edit My Images
No
I`ll put this in so you can have a look at How to on the LINKY.

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/tutorials/adding-a-linky-to-your-post-or-page.109/

The gorilla is wild for sure, and a great shot too.
Thanks, again!

This gorilla was a member of the Hirwa family group in Rwanda, they drifted over the mountains into DRC, and Uganda. This group is the one on the news yesterday, where four of them were apparently struck by lightening and killed. It is so very sad. Magnificent creatures.

Fuji Dave

Terminator
Name
Arnie
Edit My Images
No
Thanks, again!

This gorilla was a member of the Hirwa family group in Rwanda, they drifted over the mountains into DRC, and Uganda. This group is the one on the news yesterday, where four of them were apparently struck by lightening and killed. It is so very sad. Magnificent creatures.

Yes I read on the News about 4 of them being killed by lightening, very sad indeed.