weekly Karl12347 52 Week Challenge - Week7 - Root added

Aww, tired children. Time to get the wine out, feet up and... sigh, relax. Nice pic although (its already been said) I'm not keen on the sepia and a tighter crop would be nice. Good interpretation though.

Three good weeks.
Sigh is superb, love the expression on the face (my monday morning look whilst driving to work lol)
keep up the good work

Here is my take in this weeks theme. Over Christmas I was given 3 tubs of cadburys heroes, and various other chocolates and have slowly been working through them ever since. The photo was taken with my 18-55mm lens but with a macro x10 filter attached to get closer to the detail.

Let me know your thoughts. This is the first time I have used macro filters so please go easy on me.

Karl

914704df.jpg

Last edited:
Karl it looks pretty much ok to me, you have chosen to focus on the ferrero so I would take the creme egg if you would be so kind to send it to me :LOL: ;)

um, what is a macro filter? is it like a magnifying glass type of thing that screws onto your lens? mmmmm....interesting....

also good shot, altho I maybe would have focussed on just one sweet

I'm on a sugar diet so I won't ask you to send me any :(

(now that really does make me sigh lmao)

Works for me, nice take on the theme and well executed.

sturisoma said:
um, what is a macro filter? is it like a magnifying glass type of thing that screws onto your lens? mmmmm....interesting....

Spot on mate, they allow you to get closer to a subject with a lens that wouldn't normally allow it. However you need to use manual focus settings.

Just looking for the focus point to be honest think a slightly deeper DOF would have been better

Hi everyone. I have not had much time this week so here is my take on this weeks theme.

I photographed the keys hanging from door in my house as there was a key ring of my son on there, thought this would symbolise keeping the house and family secure.

Looking forward to the next theme to get more creative.

6d4c4833.jpg

definately secure so bang on theme, it looks a little OOF on my screen, i think it would have worked well if the focus had been on the photo of your son with perhaps a shallower depth of field so you could tell it was keys in the lock, but a bit blurry if you know what i mean

lizzy23 said:
definately secure so bang on theme, it looks a little OOF on my screen, i think it would have worked well if the focus had been on the photo of your son with perhaps a shallower depth of field so you could tell it was keys in the lock, but a bit blurry if you know what i mean

I have just checked the version on my iPad against the version on photobucket and it appears the photo bucket Systems have blurred the image. Never mind, I may revisit this one in the coming weeks.

Hi Karl,
Just dropped by.

Sweet - looks a bit busy to me and perhaps have the wrappers which are in focus with the words the right way up. A little distracting when one has to turn the head to read.

Secure - on theme. - but as has been said, somewhat oof. and possibly a bit lacking in vibrancy of colour. Maybe a touch more saturation?

Industry.

Working in the IT industry I had this photo in mind. Basically my job involves monitoring servers and cabling servers into switches. We try to keep cables one colour for desktops and phones, then another colour for servers etc.

In an ideal world the switches would have had multiple colour cables but can only photo what I have to work with.

Let me know your thoughts.

c9e4737b.jpg

I had to do the patching like this for an oil rig that was being commissioned and it starts off really neat but slowly gets harder and harder! So well done on its apparent neatness ;)

As for the shot in itself like you said its straight on so not much to work with and I guess the cabinet behind you restricts your angles too. Maybe a close up with some DoF could have put some technicality into your shot? :thinking:

The_Oakster said:
I had to do the patching like this for an oil rig that was being commissioned and it starts off really neat but slowly gets harder and harder! So well done on its apparent neatness ;)

I deliberately didnt shoot the patch cabinet at the back of the room as that is terrible due to desk moves and re-patching everything quickly.

Hi Karl, simple and sharp, its nice to see all ends of the industry scope from the very old of some of the other 52's images up to the modern of yours

HI Karl

Sweet.... oon theme & like the idea.....(y) Turn the fererro ,lose the rim,maybe get them all closer together....its got the makings of a lovely shot & you've mastered those macro attachments far better than I ever did...I found them infuriating :LOL:

Industry...another different take on the theme & given the restrictions you had it works well (y) Maybe my screen but struggling a bit on the focus :shrug:

Secure...simple , effective & on theme....the photo adds to the "keep the family " secure but as has been said appears slightly off...would really nail it if all sharp .I maybe wrong but would guess this was handheld in low light creatng a low shutter speed & hence the oofness ? If I'm right then a tripod is the way to go...my cheapo one (£10)from evilbay served me well for a year for indoor shots (y)

That looks great, and bang on theme!

Back