weekly mtjhome's 52 Photos for 2012 - BUSY added. Hooray! - Made it to the end!!

Week 10 Win

IMG_4170cs.jpg

great photo, I prefer #1 again the spectators don't bother me! I like that you have left a bit of movement in there as o often thses shots can look too static. Well done!!:)
I'm wishing I had persevered a bit more with the longer shutter speed. The problem was that the non-subject players were also blurred

My preference is for this latest edit
Me too!

shiny gadgets yay.

Shiny is deffinately on theme, but the machine on the right gets in the way for me. I think the main subject could have been shown off more effectively perhaps.

Yes I think that's much better. Possibly needs a little straightening, but that's all.

Hi,

Sorry I think I have missed this thread all together, some of the photos look familiar but I can't seem to locate a comment from me.

All great photos.

Matt

Hi Mike

Shiny - like the use of b&w - crisp clean image. The machine on the right does not bother me as much as others but i would have left the full name in - gaggia. However I have looked at your alternative shot on the other thread and i think that that is really good. Good crop

Good take on the theme I don’t find the beans distracting at all indeed I think they add to the shot. Maybe show a tad more on the right thou.

Win - I like the last edit you did, really great action shot that fits the theme very well.

Shiny - I think both subjects meet the theme but it needs to be one or the other. Both have shiny elements so its there but just not sure what my focus is.

The crop and B&W conversion works so much better IMHO Mike. The B&W particularly suits the subject with the metal shiny surface and lines of the machine. This is a minor crit but I find the oof writing a little distracting. Iain

The crop and B&W conversion works so much better IMHO Mike. The B&W particularly suits the subject with the metal shiny surface and lines of the machine. This is a minor crit but I find the oof writing a little distracting. Iain

Iain thanks for the positive comments. I definitely prefer pic #2. At the end of the day #1 is little more than a snap. The 'oof' is actually 'Coffee' and I think does add a bit of context. But yes it is a bit distracting.

My first thoughts for magical took me to 'The secret garden' (as my daughters used to call it). Anyway you would get magical things in a secret garden wouldn't you? This sundial does have a kind of funky if not magical look to it? (Interesting it seems to be set to BST - the pic was taken at about 9AM.)

IMG_1152bs.jpg

Hi Mike. I think that sun dial is amazing, I love the angle, it looks like two birds beaks meeting. The blue sky in the middle really adds to it.

Like the ducks with the sparkling water, but the the middle duck is a little obscured by the star burst.

I love the rainbow shot. Where and when did you take that?

Great picture for shiny, magical...it has to be the rainbow for me.

For a secret garden I would try and locate a door/gate with a key lock hole and try and shoot through that?

Great work

Matt

looks like i missed last week,

shiny - the last b/w one works best for me, although i still find the other machine slightly distracting.

Magical - i think they're both good photos, don't quiet get magical off the first one, but that doesn't detract from the photo, and the rainbow is just lovely

Right just playing catchup to get up to date now I've posted my Shiny late :( and still need to shoot my "magical".

Shiny - The B&W one is sooooooooo much better, the first one is cropped too tight and cuts right through the gaggia name on the machine on the right so the reshot one is a good call.

Magical - Im not getting it from the sundial shot, though it's a nice abstract. But yes the rainbow one is a good one and bang on theme.

Back