weekly DK's 2012 '52' - UPDATED 28-12-12

Animals and children are both a pain when ever anything delicate needs doing!
Aren't they just :D

Win - I have seen a couple of shots that involve playing cards or some kind of gambling, but all very different.

I like the set up, your eye is led around the scene. Can't fault it really (y)
Thanks again Marsha :)

Money: Shot is great, well thought out and photographed. ;)
Win: I find the scene a little too busy for my taste but bang on theme. ;)

Very nice shot for money; bet you were glad you've got decking!!!!

Can't fault your win shot; it's just fantastic!

Money: Shot is great, well thought out and photographed. ;)
Win: I find the scene a little too busy for my taste but bang on theme. ;)
Cheers Alby :)

For the Win shot I did sooooooooo many variences I had to just plump for one, I thought it had a bit of everything - not enough vodka for my taste but there you go :D

Very nice shot for money; bet you were glad you've got decking!!!!

Can't fault your win shot; it's just fantastic!
Cheers Mark, very kind of you to say :)

As for the decking, hell yes, certainly easier to line stuff up in a straight row, it played a part in my root shots too, very versatile :LOL:

Money
Great shot, love the DoF.
Win
Not much you can say as is perfect.
Nice work DK
Cool... Cheers Darren (y)

I'm glad I have nearly caught up, now it's time to try catch up on others threads

Hi DK,

Money, yep like this one, as already said good focus on the first coin and I do like the angle you've taken the shot from, leads the eye nicely into the shot.

Win, great take on the theme DK, the hand showing the ace and Queen makes the shot for me. Even though I don't play poker (it is poker?) I'm drawn in and want to know what that person is thinking and what happens next. It's an excellent shot, i like it alot.

Carol

Like your money shot :nuts:, great DOF on it and very sharp.
Win has been done a few times, including by me. But your the first i think to do it in a hold 'em style shot, with two cards in the hand and 5 on the deck. Makes you think as well as you have to look for the win.

Money - nice shot, like the idea.
Win, well presented even the 'whisky'!

The money shot is great simpl yet effective and the focus is spot on.

As for the win shot another good image. I agree that adding some smoke would definitely give it the grimy poker room feel. Can't believe I didn't even think about this theme I used work as a croupier dealing Texas night after night :bang:

Hi Carol :D

Money, yep like this one, as already said good focus on the first coin and I do like the angle you've taken the shot from, leads the eye nicely into the shot.
Thank You...

Win, great take on the theme DK, the hand showing the ace and Queen makes the shot for me. Even though I don't play poker (it is poker?) I'm drawn in and want to know what that person is thinking and what happens next. It's an excellent shot, i like it alot.

Carol
Yes it is poker 'Texas Hold'em'... Thanks for the nice comment again :)

Like your money shot :nuts:, great DOF on it and very sharp.
Cheers Gareth :)

Win has been done a few times, including by me. But your the first i think to do it in a hold 'em style shot, with two cards in the hand and 5 on the deck. Makes you think as well as you have to look for the win.
Thanks again :)

I did think when I took it that there was bound to be a few poker shots, but I was sooo far behind, i thought fnck it :LOL:

Money - nice shot, like the idea.
Win, well presented even the 'whisky'!
Cheers Gramps (y)

The money shot is great simpl yet effective and the focus is spot on.
Cheers Phil (y)

As for the win shot another good image. I agree that adding some smoke would definitely give it the grimy poker room feel. Can't believe I didn't even think about this theme I used work as a croupier dealing Texas night after night :bang:
lol... aint that typical :D

If I do ever get spare time, I would like to re-shoot with smoke (would use a joss stick to give a good shape)

Hi Dk, missed your money shot. Great dof on the coins, Great shot.
Win, on theme and a good shot.
Thanks Michael :)

I don't think you missed it, I just took the bugger too late :D

Apologies Dean, not looked in for a while.
I like your money image, a lot of patience shown there setting it up. Good choice of point of focus and dof. Bang on theme too (y)

I like the win image too, it tells a story in itself, there is plenty to look at, keeping the viewers interest in looking around it.

I too have been posting a bit late, things have a habit of getting in the way of photography. Iain

Money - Great shot. I like how the colour of the surface compliments the coins.

Win - I like this one. It's pretty comprehensive including the full game in there.

Apologies Dean, not looked in for a while.
I like your money image, a lot of patience shown there setting it up. Good choice of point of focus and dof. Bang on theme too (y)

I like the win image too, it tells a story in itself, there is plenty to look at, keeping the viewers interest in looking around it.

I too have been posting a bit late, things have a habit of getting in the way of photography. Iain
No apologies required Iain :)

Appreciate your comments, knowing how busy all are currently (y)

Money - Great shot. I like how the colour of the surface compliments the coins.

Win - I like this one. It's pretty comprehensive including the full game in there.
Nice one - Cheers Peter :)

'Money' - Love the cascading coin effect and the angle. Nice angle, Dof, colours and focus, perfect for me.

'Win' - very nice image and outstanding colours. Great capture !

Nick

'Money' - Love the cascading coin effect and the angle. Nice angle, Dof, colours and focus, perfect for me.

Nick

Good morning DK :)

Money - so bloomin' what it's late.....well worth waiting for. Bang on theme, dof spot on.

Win - as someone else has pointed out maybe a little too busy for me too. Still a good shot though and again spot on with the theme. I'd be tempted to crop just above the glass though.

Nick
Thanks Nic, and thanks for taking the time to comment :)

Nick
OOoooo Thanks Agian :LOL:

Good morning DK :)

Money - so bloomin' what it's late.....well worth waiting for. Bang on theme, dof spot on.
Thanks a lot Simon, very nice of you to say (y)

Win - as someone else has pointed out maybe a little too busy for me too. Still a good shot though and again spot on with the theme. I'd be tempted to crop just above the glass though.
Oooooo just tried that... looks good, nice wiiiiide crop !!!

Thanks again :)

Well... yet again trying to catch up with my 52, was hoping for good weather, but in the end took advantage of it

I have left the bonnet line in the pic to help define the object, I think it looked a bit none descriptive without it

Wk 11 - SHINY

Wk11 - Shiny
by TP DK..., on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

I like the idea here and the execution is good too, but I would like more tonal range - perhaps up the blacks and contrast a little?

Phil

Good work and an interesting subject choice here Dean. The composition choice is good too, I think it would work equally as well without the bonnet line in, gives the viewer something to work out :)
Keep at it, I hope you can find some down time for photography! Work is over-rated ;) Iain

Shiny
A good interpretation of the theme and not being shy of the weather. A good mono.

Right... how do I put this, that's the colour of my car It's a Colour Pic :cautious:

Hi Dk, great shot that and I like the black and white which works well. It would be fine without the bonnet line in.
Cheers Michael :)

I am uploading an edit as I type :geek:

I like the idea here and the execution is good too, but I would like more tonal range - perhaps up the blacks and contrast a little?

Phil
Hi Phil, thanks for the positive comment :)

The upload I am doing has a tad more contrast as well as being cropped to remove the bonnet line and hedge top left :)

Good work and an interesting subject choice here Dean. The composition choice is good too, I think it would work equally as well without the bonnet line in, gives the viewer something to work out :)
Keep at it, I hope you can find some down time for photography! Work is over-rated ;) Iain
Hey Iain :)

I am hoping to catch up today, but with the weather being poor here I won't be going for my Togging walk I try to do on a Sunday - Flipping British weather :bat:

But my Nephew is coming around for a couple of hours, so Baby Pic practice again :help:

Very shiny, good use of the bad weather. Although I agree with Phil, it seems a little grey for me:thinking:
Hey Marsha... it look grey because it's a grey car :D

Shiny
I like this one DK and i think the bonnet line adds to the picture, i also like the mono.
Hey Darren... Cheers for that (y)

Shiny
A good interpretation of the theme and not being shy of the weather. A good mono.
Hi John... Thanks :)

Edit coming in 5... 4... 3...

Hi DK,

Money ... Great photo, Really like it

Win .. Again bang on theme, and my favourite game.

Shiny . . I was going to try this myself but i never got round to doing it, works really well.

Matt

catch up time

Money - the shallow DOF really make this one

win - well set up and then captured

shiny - i like this a lot i find myself peering in to see if i can see more

Hi DK,

Money ... Great photo, Really like it

Win .. Again bang on theme, and my favourite game.

Shiny . . I was going to try this myself but i never got round to doing it, works really well.

Matt
Hi Matt - Thanks for the compliments :)

I'm glad you didn't beat me to the shot... GOD knows what else I would have done :LOL:

There again, I haven't got around to cheack everybody's yet :cautious:

Cropped and "contrast boost" gets my vote. Cool image.
Cheers Mike... I tend to agree with the crop myself now I have done it, Thanks again :)

catch up time

Money - the shallow DOF really make this one

win - well set up and then captured

shiny - i like this a lot i find myself peering in to see if i can see more
Hey Lizzy, don't peer too hard you may go boss eyed :D

Thanks for popping by and commenting guys, really appreciated (y)

I'm playing catch up this week due to not coming up with anything I was happy with for Shiny and won't post the one I have come up with last night 'til I've gone through everyone elses.

Shiny, I like the black and white one personally, definitely needed a bit more contrast so glad you edited the original version

Back