weekly Matts 52's.....PRIDE ADDED

Hi all,

Well heres my root shots, not really happy with them. I did want to try and get to a location where i knew there were some tree roots ripping up a whole pavement, but they fixed it :( .

So i come up with this idea.

I think my mrs needs her roots doing.

DSC02216.jpg

DSC02172.jpg

DSC02227.jpg

Matt

Hi Matt

apologies for somehow managing to miss your thread completely :bonk:

Sweet....liking the Ferero shot...possibly a tad dark but like the reflections :clap:

Secure....the 2nd keypad image for me....good colors & focus , the finger pressing the button sets it off :clap:

Industry....doesn't say Industry to me BUT I reall like image 2....nice POV & great DOF
Image 3 ...now that freaks me out...great shot :clap:

Hi,

Its hard to keep up with all the threads, i just hope the people i may have missed aint pis8ed off lol. I will get there.

Thanks for your comments

Matt

Your Mrs let you do that!? Wow!

Great interpretation. I think the actual shots could have worked a little better (they look a bit to "documentary" to me; as if you're recording something for a medical journal), but I know this kind of thing is MUCH easier to see in your minds eye than it is to carry off in practice!

Cheerz all,

Well late again but here it is....Handmade

A book we aquired whilst at a carboot

book4.jpg

book3.jpg

book2.jpg

book1.jpg

And a hand made ladybird ornament

bug1.jpg

bug2.jpg

Matt

Manc Man said:
Your root shot had me in stitches, class

Handmade
Has to be the ladybird shot - number 2
Nice touch of LP. Nice work yet again.

Hahaha I was in stitches Once I uploaded it to Facebook and tagged her in it hahaha, I was in the dog house for days lol.

Thanks mate

Matt

I'm looking on my phone but the book seems too dark for me:shrug:
It reminded though that I have an almost identical book that is a photo album made out of banana leaves, I got it on honeymoon shame I'd forgotten about it for my shot!

I love the beaded lady bug, how cute is that? Also how small is it? The macro shot is excellent, my only criticism of the wider shot is the eyes need to be in focus!

I actually like the book shots, certainly bang on theme with the label (y)

Hi Matt,

Some interesting shots in your 52,

Direction:- quite like the abstract feel of this one.

Fear :- This is maybe a marmite shot, tbh it doesn't really work for me, sorry.

Sigh:- Good take on the theme, nicely done.

Sweet :- definately the first one for me, very clever petals blowing away in the wind Love it.

Secure :- green and red on black work well, like the blur effect on the first one

Industry:- 4th one for me, not screaming industry but it's so well lit and nicely composed... I find myself making up dialogue between these two.

Root:- totally unique take on roots, wouldn't like those in my hair though!

Handmade:- First one for me, maybe just a tad dark on the rhs?

Carol

Industry - #2 for me. Nice selective lighting

Root - I bet Mrs Mattd85 will love you for these shots LOL

Handmade - I like the angle and Dof of the 4th book shot.

Hi Matt....

liking the book shot, very unusual item....& right on theme...wondering about the color though...is it a cast or is it really that color ?
of the 3 images posted #1 takes top spot for me....like it :clap:

Great close up of the ladybirds eyes....& like the wider view but focus seems a bit missed on the eye's there?

Ok guys, heres my take on money, i'll check back in on sunday as its my birthday tomorrow/today so i will be busy all day, let me know what you all think, Thanks for the above comments so far.

Matt

No 1 20/20 Vision

DSC02555.jpg

No 2 Money tree

DSC02542.jpg

No 3 The colour of money

camshots.jpg

No 4 All i see is £ signs

DSC02528.jpg

Hi Matt

1 and 3 do it for me! I like the lighting on number one and everything's nice and sharp.

The colour of money is very clever.

The money tree is a good idea but the lighting is a little off. The coins bottom right are to bright and a little dark bottom left! I do like it though, it just needs a little tweak.

Number 4 doesn't really inspire me, sorry! I'd have left it at the 3 shots.

Hi All,

Firstly I apologize to almost everyone as i have not commented on some threads, i have been mad busy with work, most of my pictures have been getting shot late friday nights, which seems the only free time i have at the minute.

Anyway here is my take on WIN, The golden tickets!

This is a a promotion with Disney and Morrisons supermarket, where you get these packs of kiddies collectible cards. If you find a gold one you win a holiday.

1*
DSC02640-002.jpg

2*
DSC02640-001.jpg

3*
a451fd17.jpg

And I had to go with the Charlie and the chocolate factory golden ticket

4*
DSC02649-001.jpg

5*
DSC02649-002.jpg

6*
79636baf.jpg

All comments welcome and thank you for all your input so far, I will try my best to comment on all your threads over the weekend, if I haven't just msg me and give me a virtual kick up the back side

Matt

I would say that out of them all number 4 is best. The first 3 don't do it for me as it's hard to see where exactly the focus point is?
As for the selective colour I don't think that it works that well on the last one as it doesn't make the chocolate look like chocolate if that makes sense?

So, number 4's the best of them I would say.:)

Hi Matt, I like the SC in the first set. My only crit for them is I think the chocolate bars should be the right way up!

I like number 4, but anything with chocolate is always a winner for me!
Mind you the SC in the last one makes the chocolate look like liquorice:shrug:

I'm off to lurk for the new theme!

#4 gets my vote Matt, for me it is the simple layout which tells the story.
The chocolate is looking a little sorry for itself though, tough going under the lights :LOL: I hope it didnt go to waste ;) Iain

Thanks all, I'm definitely stuck on this weeks theme.

I have also set aside a few hours thurs and fri night to get round to all your threads guys.

Matt

Hi Matt, Hope you had a good birthday. Not keen on 20/20 vision as I don't like HM the Queens eyes obscured but i do like money tree - great concept and works well. (y)
'shiny' is good too and prefer the 2nd image with a black border. The only suggestion I can add is that the chocolate looks a little melted and not very appetising - could be your lighting. But if shooting chocolate its well worth placing it in the fridge or freezer prior to the shoot. Nice work (y)

Hi,

Well this theme certainly had me stuck, but i've come up with this, not entirely happy but it is what it is, C+C as always.

CD's Shiny Side up

pos2.jpg

pos5-001.jpg

pos4.jpg

pos5.jpg

pos5-003.jpg

pos1.jpg

Thanks Matt

Hi Matt

win -i'd go for number 4 as well, it doesn't need to be any more complicated than that

Shiny - i think for me it would be 1, i like the way the centre one catches the colour, the only thing that puts me off, and it maybe my screen, but the disc appears to be scratched, like i said it could be this screen that wants cleaning

Hey Matt... sorry, way late catching up on your challenge

Handmade - What a great looking book, The 3rd shot for me from the set is my choice

Money - A very unique take as expected from you, Nicely lit and the hologram's well caught

Win - Another great idea, the first shot for me is the clear choice

Shiny - Again a vote for no:1

Really enjoy seeing what you conjure up, look forward to seeing what comes next (y)

I'm playing catch up this week due to not coming up with anything I was happy with for Shiny and won't post the one I have come up with last night 'til I've gone through everyone elses.

Shiny, I'd agree with the above, 1's the best of them but with anything shiny it's gotta be spot on.

Back