weekly Marshall194's Photo52 Week 21 temperature added

shiny shot of the rings works really well background a bit busy on magical

Hi Chris

liking your Vice shot...desaturation works well , good detail retained & looks well used...border suits it well...nice work mister :clap:

Chris I really like just about everything about your vice shot. The B&W, the great contrast, the square crop and the border:clap:

My only tiny issue's are the rag bottom left on the floor which could be part of the theme but what's with the wooden spoon?

Also could you explain the date? I'm curious!

'vice' - I like your viewpoint on this and the composition, nice depth of field showing the swarff. Low saturation, and border make this a very pleasing image for me (y)

Nick

The goblin said:
Chris I really like just about everything about your vice shot. The B&W, the great contrast, the square crop and the border:clap:

My only tiny issue's are the rag bottom left on the floor which could be part of the theme but what's with the wooden spoon?

Also could you explain the date? I'm curious!

Well as I am playing catch up I actually took this one on my phone using hipstamatic an app that let's you play with the film and the lens to get different effects and the date it just on the film! I really like the app and use it a lot when I don't have my camera. Thanks for the feed back

hey to all you 52ers out there:wave:. i want to say first that im sorry i have not been around to you all and posting but i am mad busy with collage work at the moment:bang:. i hope to get back involved soon(y) but for now here are week 14 and 15 as always all c and c are welcome
thanks in advance chris

week 14 entrance. this building is a shrine near to the hospital in blackpool
DSC04291 by CMarshall194, on Flickr

week 15 soft here is my dog Rosie she is a working cocker spaniel, she is as soft as they come and a poser too. she thinks that every time i get the camera out it is to take pics of her!

DSC02961 by CMarshall194, on Flickr

Hi Chris.

I really like Vice; I love Hipstamatic; great app :)

Entrance, great angle and composition. I think the light coloured stone is blown in places, but it's a great shot.

Soft; absolutely lovely!

Hi Chris

there's always something to get in the way of the important things in life like photography :(

Entrance...like the low POV , the glimpse of blue sky & the detail in the door so thats all good (y) Something is bugging me though can't quite pin it down....possibly it seems a little on the squiff ?

Soft...lovely looking pooch & a nice set up...focus seems more on the fur with the eye's being oof....not sure if thats what you were aiming for ?

Hello Chris,

I like the POV on Entrance think it works really well am not sure about the wall on the left hand side.

Soft ahhh its one of those mad wocker things, 2 speeds stop or speedy, think lynnes hit the nail on the head here the focus would be better on the eye

Hi Chris

Entrance - good pov but maybe a bit further to th right and loose the handrail if poss. Stone on upperportion may be a bit overexposed?

Soft - Good set up and lighting. The pose and the coat are both soft and so well on theme. Just the issue of the focus because the eyes and head should be as in focus as the fore leg and it detracts from waht shold be an excellent image.

Hi Chris, I love the angle of your entrance shot, the white building contrasts nicely against the blue sky. I would consider cropping the LHS slightly where you can see a small tree or bush.

Soft, beautiful doggy, lovely and soft. I agree the eyes need to be in focus. But I imagine dogs are like kids and impossible to get really sharp unless they're asleep:bonk:

and why not cheat, definately pride in there!!

Brilliant pride shot, congratulations to you both (y)

Entrance - A bit blown on the main wall, that could do with a bit of recovering - But love the angle you have taken it from - like it !!!

Soft - Agree that I would like to see your dogs eye in focus, but still a great looking dog posing her heart out !!!!

Pride - Fantastic... Congratulations (y)

soft is gorgeous, she really does look soft, and I think the softness of the shot helps. I wish my dog liked posing - I think all those years of using the flash has made her wary :LOL:

pride - not really cheating as you are the one who is proud, or maybe you could have done a shot of you holding the scan pic? Nevertheless, many congratulations :clap: :clap:

dog looks really soft i like it, and what type of lens/filter where you using to get that pride shot?
Congratulations too :)

Hey Chris, massive congratulations! In the circumstances I'll let you off posting a photo someone else took!!

Vice - great choice - especially with the saw dust.

Entrance - I love the angle and toning - right up my street.

Pride - nuff said! One to treasure.

Sorry it's taken me so long to catch up! Mandy

Vice, it is ;)... it fits the theme, and I like the processing.

Entrance, that's a grand entrance, nice

Soft... a very soft image, love the processing

Pride, completely understandable, and massive congratulations.

this was taken on the 1st of april (my birthday) after a heavy night on the pop my dad called at 7am and told me they had no passengers and i was flying so i grabbed my camera bag and off i went this is the outcome.
DSC03925 by CMarshall194, on Flickr

Hi Chris, Short the lighting and exposure is spot on really like the DOF and well thought out, flight just one word jealous, would love to go up in a balloon

Chris I think your short change idea has turned out well(y) Good composition and nice lighting :)

I also thought of short change, but as I did 'fear of change' way back at the beginning I didn't want to repeat myself!

Flight(y) I'd love to go for a balloon ride, cheating though:rules: ;)

Hi Chris..

like the idea for short, very well taken aswell:)

Flight, yup very jealous....nice pic:)

Back