weekly Marshall194's Photo52 Week 21 temperature added

Hi Chris

love the Short shot....well light , focus just where it should be (y)

Flight...yup ,on theme & only a teeny bit jealous :LOL:

Thanks to you all for the comments on the lighting as it was the first 52 shot I took with the new flash I got for my birthday! I had it set up wire less on a tripod it took a few blown shots to get I rite but I got there in the end. The flight shot is kind of a cheat but hey the weather has been ****** all weekend so no flying

Apologies for some reason I’ve missed your last few weeks.

Vice – The pp suits the subject matter well. I’d have liked to have seen all the handle though.

Entrance – I’ve driven past here loads of times. In fact our two boys were born next door in the Vic. I like the brightness of this image and the angle you’ve taken it at really adds to the shot.

Soft – Nice shot of your dog. We’ve also got a working cocker so would to know how you got her to stay still for so long :LOL:

Pride – Congratulations on the imminent arrival of your new photographic model. Definitely a photograph to keep. We’ve still got ours 17 and 14 years later.

Short – Good take on the theme. Maybe a bit of light into the pocket would have helped

Flight – The haziness of the background makes the subject stand out nicely.

Short; lovely shot. I really like the tones of it.

Flight; slight cheat using an older photo, but hey it's a great photo, and if I'd been given that chance I'd have used it too!

Always wanted to go up in a balloon ... I don't know why I haven't done it yet :shrug:
I like it but feel that there is more to be brought out of the pic, maybe a tweak to the levels or something.

'short' - nice image and lighting captures short short nicely

'Flight' - You might want to check your internal camera time and date Chris, Exif says it was taken on the 28th April. lovely image. Flying with a hang over isn't great hope you had a soft landing. Every landing in a balloon is a crash landing..... (y)

Blank_Canvas said:
'short' - nice image and lighting captures short short nicely

'Flight' - You might want to check your internal camera time and date Chris, Exif says it was taken on the 28th April. lovely image. Flying with a hang over isn't great hope you had a soft landing. Every landing in a balloon is a crash landing..... (y)

Yeah I edited the photo on the 28th and the landing was on but I most defiantly was not :)

Hi Chris

Short - good take on the theme. Well composed, good lighting, focus and colours.

Flight - good take on theme. However unlike others i feel that the haze and b/g don't help - but in this case you ain't got much choice:D

PS - spreadsheet not updated for flight

Last edited:
Authority, I like that a lot, but think that only the keep out sign should have selective colour. I know the other sign is relevant, but I find it takes your eye away from the keep out one, and can't be read so is less effective.

Leave is faultless, absolutely faultless!

Random is a lovely picture, but I can't work out what it's got to do with random?

Hi Chris

quick catch up from me

Leave....lovely shot & lovely looking pooch , nice n sharp on the eye , great focus & good use of DOF ....plus a very well behaved doggy...ticks all the box's for me (y)

Authority....always like SC & it works well here , do agree with Mark re both signs being colored , possibly just the Keep Out sign would have been enough...but then again.....nope , like it as is (y)

Random...I'm liking this theme because anything goes...your own definition of Random & I really like the image (y)

Well done for catching up

Authority – That looks suspiciously like Blackpool to me

Leave – Nicely lit and good use of a very willing subject

Random – Like Mark I’m not seeing the theme but the exposure has been well handled on a bright day

Delta Skies said:
Well done for catching up

Authority – That looks suspiciously like Blackpool to me

Leave – Nicely lit and good use of a very willing subject

Random – Like Mark I’m not seeing the theme but the exposure has been well handled on a bright day

That's cos it is lol and thanks for the comments

Authority - Good shot, bit too much sea for me I end up focusing in on that. Bigger signs or I need glasses :)

Leave - good work, I know that type of picture can be tricky :LOL:

Random - like it, nice shot. Like the foot print trail makes it interesting.

Well done for catching up and I hope the examinations have gone well for you (y)

Authority – very nice image and bang on theme

Leave – The lighting is very nice here and great subject too !

Random – Yep pretty random taken in awkward lighting conditions you've done well

Nick (y)

Back