weekly Marsha's 2013 52 - Finally finished!

Hi Marsha :wave:

My vote goes to #2 for size, it demonstartes the contrast/difference between the planes more.
Maybe a closer crop to get more of the detail of the planes :thinking:

Process, love it :love: :LOL:
I really like that it tells a little story, is funny too with your feet poking out the bottom.
You either have really tiny feet or that is the largest round of toast I have ever seen :LOL:

Rock, whats not to love about a pebble stack? ;)
The B&W contrasty feel works well with the subject, good processing choice (y)

I think you are doing well keeping up even though you are laid up at the moment, real credit to you Marsha (y)

Between you and Dean, the lastminutedotcom crown is going to someone else :LOL:

Hey Marsha... good to see you with your feet up :D

Size - great interesting facts, another vote for 2 here, and too would like to see a tighter crop, would have loved to see them myself

Process - Excellent :LOL: :clap:

I really like that but would clone out the join in the screen :)

Rock - Really liking the directional lighting and low POV, good details too (y)

Now get your feet back up and finish that toast :)

Hi Hun

hope you're well on the road to recovery ,taking it easy & got family waiting on your every need :hug:

Love that Rock picture....great lighting , detail & a cracking stack...one for the wall me thinks :clap::clap:

of the plane shots I think I'm edging towards 1#.....like the amount of planes & that you can see just how much bigger the main one is & I like the sky more ( odd I know but that's me !)

Process....priceless shot & really good from a phone....tea n toast with marmalade...top stuff when you're recovering (y)

My vote goes to #2 for size, it demonstartes the contrast/difference between the planes more.
Maybe a closer crop to get more of the detail of the planes :thinking:
Cheers Iain, I'm just replacing number two with a cropped version.

Process, love it :love: :LOL:
I really like that it tells a little story, is funny too with your feet poking out the bottom.
You either have really tiny feet or that is the largest round of toast I have ever seen :LOL:
:LOL: I never looked at it like that before, my feet aren't that small, must be the compression stockings shrunk them! Or maybe just the angle, I was leaning as far out to the left as I could without falling out of the bed and/ or the tray falling off!

Rock, whats not to love about a pebble stack? ;)
The B&W contrasty feel works well with the subject, good processing choice (y)

Cheers, thought you might like it.

I think you are doing well keeping up even though you are laid up at the moment, real credit to you Marsha.

Between you and Dean, the lastminutedotcom crown is going to someone else :LOL:
Thanks, it's nice to catch up again. But my photo library/ back log is in complete disarray! I now haven't got a clue where to start in organising it all. That is one of my jobs when I'm living in London for two months!

Hey Marsha... good to see you with your feet up.

Size - great interesting facts, another vote for 2 here, and too would like to see a tighter crop, would have loved to see them myself.

Literally feet up, and rather enjoying the forced rest!

I've just uploaded a tighter crop, I shall replace the above shot shortly.

Process - Excellent :LOL: :clap:

I really like that but would clone out the join in the screen.
Cheers DK, it's not a join in the screen, it's the drip holder attached to the end of the bed. I know it's wonky and I could clone it out, but I just didn't have the time.

Rock - Really liking the directional lighting and low POV, good details too (y)

Now get your feet back up and finish that toast :)

Thanks. I do love toast. And if anyone hasn't had it yet, Soreen Toastie loaf is AMAZING!

Hi Hun

hope you're well on the road to recovery

Hi Lynne :wave: I'm getting there thank you.

taking it easy & got family waiting on your every need :hug:
Hahahahahahah, you're funny! The in laws saw I wasn't screaming in pain and went home on Saturday, the hubby went away as normal Sunday, so I'm left with the kids until Sunday night. Not allowed to lift them up, and thankfully they're being good!

Love that Rock picture....great lighting , detail & a cracking stack...one for the wall me thinks :clap::clap:

of the plane shots I think I'm edging towards 1#.....like the amount of planes & that you can see just how much bigger the main one is & I like the sky more ( odd I know but that's me !)

Process....priceless shot & really good from a phone....tea n toast with marmalade...top stuff when you're recovering (y)

Cheers Lynne, I am rather pleased with that rock shot, I spent hours photographing flowers earlier and suddenly got the idea to do that.

I prefer the first shot of size as well, but the winglets on the C17 just give a better sense of scale to me.

The phone shot for process has been tweaked in photoshop, noise reduced and sharpened, so it's had a helping hand!

I've just checked my rules set at the beginning of the year!

1, I will post each shot as soon as I can, as long as it's faster than DK I'll be happy ;)
2, I will file my photo's every week on completion, maybe I should sort last years out first!!!!
3, I will get around to others threads eventually. If I've not popped in by the six month please feel free to hit me!
4, I will eat as much chocolate as possible to see me through the year :drool:
5, I will finish the year no matter how busy or ill. I did it last year I have no excuse this year.

1, I think we're level pegging on dropping back and catching up!
2, RUBBISH! It's just taken me two hours to sort and file the whole year's work :razz::help:
3, RUBBISH! I feel a lot of hits coming my way as we are at the six month point :bonk::bonk:
4, Never going to fail that one!
5, If I can get through the last six months, the next six should be a breeze!

Oh, it's the end of the week and everyone got in before me. What's left for me to say?

Well, I actually thought the second aircraft shot was taken from another plane! I really did laugh out loud at your feet sticking out from under your bed-table and I think the light / contrast in your rock stack is excellent. :clap:

You're a trooper Marsha, well done for keeping up in such circumstances. All the best for the rest of your recovery. I was going to put a "hug" smiley here but they look a bit too erm "forward" don't you think? so anyway, here's a <hug>

Well, I actually thought the second aircraft shot was taken from another plane! I really did laugh out loud at your feet sticking out from under your bed-table and I think the light / contrast in your rock stack is excellent. :clap:

Cheers Brian. I did hope people would like my feet poking out the bottom :)

You're a trooper Marsha, well done for keeping up in such circumstances. All the best for the rest of your recovery. I was going to put a "hug" smiley here but they look a bit too erm "forward" don't you think? so anyway, here's a <hug>

:LOL: I think the same thing about the hug smiley as well, thank you for the hug :)

Hi Marsha,

Hope you're taking good care of yourself :hug2:

Although if staying in with your feet up teases out more shots like "rock" you should do more of it :)
Love these contrasty mono shots. Dramatic lighting, great texture in the pebbles and I love whatever you've used as a base. I'd think about just cropping a tiny bit off the bottom though so you lose the edge of it.

Hi Sarah :notworthy:

Hi Marsha,

Hope you're taking good care of yourself :hug2:

Trying to, the hubby is home now so trying to rest more for a while.

Although if staying in with your feet up teases out more shots like "rock" you should do more of it :)
Love these contrasty mono shots. Dramatic lighting, great texture in the pebbles and I love whatever you've used as a base. I'd think about just cropping a tiny bit off the bottom though so you lose the edge of it.

Thank you, the base is a stack of about five slate coasters. I tried with and without them in then couldn't decide how much to include :bonk:

I have an idea for pair with similar lighting, this need motivation to move my butt. Apparently with rest comes lethargy :shrug:

Hi Marsha,

Back home again on leave from somewhere really hot. It's good to be home. it's always good to see some crab air photography (a bit of inter-service banter !!!) nice jets :)

Since I have been at sea I haven't really had the opportunity to do any serious photography and have forgotten so much. I really miss the 52 and i'm impressed with all your images. Well done for sticking with it. Keep up the good work :cool:

Nick

Last edited:
Hi Nick, thanks for dropping in. I hope you've had a nice 'holiday?'

It's good to be home. it's always good to see some crab air photography (a bit of inter-service banter !!!) nice jets :)

Hahahahahahahah. Only five more months to get the banter in then I'm promoted to civilian ;)

Since I have been at sea I haven't really had the opportunity to do any serious photography and have forgotten so much. I really miss the 52

You can always come back and catch up :help::D

I'm sure you'll get back into your photography with some time on solid ground.

Take care out there Nick, wherever out there is :wave:

good show for rock Marsha, shot from your sick bed too. (y)

Like the similar, but all different stones used, the bright highlights and the dark shadows coming through really well too.

Bold frame filling central composition too, like it!

Hi Marsha

Long time no comment - sorry!

Size - both good shots with good comp and sky. Both on theme but #2 for me as I think that it illustrates the theme better.

Process - like others, this made me smile - the perspective really highlights the toast. plate and your feet. Just excellent (y)

Rock - super comp, lighting and contrast. Bang on theme and a very serene image. not sure about the base as it seems to be wonky, but that may be the result of its shape and the lighting - only a minor point.

Good to see you on the mend, even tho your mojo has slipped away :thinking: :nono:. I like those moody river shots on Flickr.

Take care

good show for rock Marsha, shot from your sick bed too. (y)

Like the similar, but all different stones used, the bright highlights and the dark shadows coming through really well too.

Bold frame filling central composition too, like it!
Many thanks Graham.

Hi Marsha

Long time no comment - sorry!

Size - both good shots with good comp and sky. Both on theme but #2 for me as I think that it illustrates the theme better.

Process - like others, this made me smile - the perspective really highlights the toast. plate and your feet. Just excellent (y)

Rock - super comp, lighting and contrast. Bang on theme and a very serene image. not sure about the base as it seems to be wonky, but that may be the result of its shape and the lighting - only a minor point.

Good to see you on the mend, even tho your mojo has slipped away :thinking: :nono:. I like those moody river shots on Flickr.

Take care
Thanks for the catch up Alan, it's always appreciated even if it does take me ages to reply! I still need to consider cropping the base off my rock shot :thinking:

Glad you like the river shots as well, they came out well considering it was a grey miserable day!

I posted a reply on your thread last week but my stupid internet crashed as I sent it :razz: Not got back there yet, but just had to say congrats Grandad :clap: Hope Mum and Dad are both recovering now.

I couldn't think if anything out of the ordinary for this, so I went for the trusted family! These two were sat here eating ice cream while I snapped away. I prefer this one purely for the fact they're both sat the same and have their left ankles the same! She is a Daddy's girl and they're quite the comedy act when together!

I couldn't decide on the PP, there's a colour version on Flickr and a few others as well.

Many thanks.

I like that too, prefer the colour one though, but the pose with the legs, obviously subconscious is a marvellous catch.

I personally prefer the coloured version. But it's certainly an interesting pair, very on topic and playful.

Thanks Graham, it was the feet that swayed it for me! She is such a Daddy’s girl it’s crazy, she copies everything he does, even subconsciously!

Great stuff! - would work as a street shot even if they were not your family. (y)

I like that too, prefer the colour one though, but the pose with the legs, obviously subconscious is a marvellous catch.

Thank you.

Here's the colour version. I really couldn't choose between the two!

I'm soon far behind :) hope your recovering well. Love the lighting on the rock photo and I also prefer the colour version of pair (y)

Thanks Alan :)

:LOL: I bought it for him when he kept being a grumpy pants!

:LOL:, Jackie once bought me a Mr Grumpty baseball hat :bat:

Pair, this is one of them photographs I find hard to crit. The emotional and sentimental aspects of the photopgraph.

It's a feel good photograph with hubby and daughter chillin'

Cheers.

love the candid, we don't get enough of them... I think a lot of the time we fuss over or images a lot, but this one has come out fantastic
seems a tad bright overall to me, the colour version also.

:LOL: brilliant Marsha!

A fun take on the theme but a lovely look into your world Marsha.
I like Andy can't offer any crit, it just works and there is nothing I would change (y)

Glad you are fully mended now Missus!

I like the colour version a lot. To be honest, the shot could be rubbish (it's not though) and it wouldn't matter much... The story carries it. Really, really nice.

hi :wave:

Pair:Love it, the way they are both sitting in same position is well spotted. Something to share again with your daughter when she is older :)

Absolutely love this shot Martha.
Cheers Allie. Who is Martha :shrug::bonk:

:LOL:, Jackie once bought me a Mr Grumpty baseball hat :bat:

Pair, this is one of them photographs I find hard to crit. The emotional and sentimental aspects of the photopgraph.

It's a feel good photograph with hubby and daughter chillin'

Cheers.

Many thanks Andy.

love the candid, we don't get enough of them... I think a lot of the time we fuss over or images a lot, but this one has come out fantastic
seems a tad bright overall to me, the colour version also.
Thank you. It was taken in blazing sunshine, at 6pm, thought it might have started easing off a bit by then, alas not!

:LOL: brilliant Marsha!

A fun take on the theme but a lovely look into your world Marsha.
I like Andy can't offer any crit, it just works and there is nothing I would change (y)

Glad you are fully mended now Missus!
Cheers Iain (y)

hi :wave:

Pair:Love it, the way they are both sitting in same position is well spotted. Something to share again with your daughter when she is older :)

Thank you Anita.

My world is now full of cardboard boxes and trying to get rid of stuff, but too hot to pack or think straight! Dam this 52 is hard this year! Next year is going to be sooooo easy in comparison!

I have issues with fast moving subjects running towards me, so practised at my children's recent sports day. Some of them are superb, but due to the nursery rules I'm not allowed to post them publicly until I have consent from the parents :razz:

So here's the hubby again!

Not competitive at all in the Dad's race! And yes, he won!

I changed my mind as I posted this :help: I was going with the triptych, but decided on the single shot :bonk:

Hi Marsha!

Rock: Really like this, nicely arranged and PP works well. I think my only crit would be perhaps that it's a bit on the dark side? Not sure if lighting it up a smidge would bring out some more detail?

Pair: Definitely colour works better here - and I'm normally a big fan of B&W shots! I think it's the colours come through in the sun so well that makes it work! No crit at all here - spot on!

Speed: Really nice perspective here, the running towards you works very well! Not that you could help it, but the BG is somewhat distracting! Is this shot to be printed and hung next to his winner's medal then?! ;) Nice work! (y)

He's a little stiff in the shoulders but mainly it's the overpronation I'm worried about! Please tell me he's going round a corner :puke:

Oh the photo! :) nice isolation on the subject. Shame about the door... Good colours. :)

What's the word women use, 'buff' :D

Pink shorts...George Michael would be proud :naughty:

Good focus and colour. Shallow DOF is my only crit.

Cheers.

:LOL: Mr Goblin is not competitive at all is he Marsha?
That is a look of determination there :LOL:

Its a very effective image Marsha, technically very good in being well lit and focus is spot on. Not a lot you could do about the background though.

I think a wider view would help put this into context as I am not really getting a sense of the Dad's race from it.

Rock: Really like this, nicely arranged and PP works well. I think my only crit would be perhaps that it's a bit on the dark side? Not sure if lighting it up a smidge would bring out some more detail?

Pair: Definitely colour works better here - and I'm normally a big fan of B&W shots! I think it's the colours come through in the sun so well that makes it work! No crit at all here - spot on!

Speed: Really nice perspective here, the running towards you works very well! Not that you could help it, but the BG is somewhat distracting! Is this shot to be printed and hung next to his winner's medal then?! ;) Nice work! (y)
Many thanks Matt. Alas I couldn't do anything about the window behind in movement :bonk:

He's a little stiff in the shoulders but mainly it's the overpronation I'm worried about! Please tell me he's going round a corner :puke:

Oh the photo! :) nice isolation on the subject. Shame about the door... Good colours. :)
:LOL: Brian, I actually went and checked his ankles after you posted this!

Nice and level, well frozen action, background... typical school so for me it sets the scene nicely (y)
Thanks DK.

Back