weekly Posiview's 2013 52. Week 52, Water added TTFN.

Thats a very strong image - well composed and thought out. (y)

Yes, certainly on theme Andy, no 'ish' about it IMHO.

A minimalist feel to the image but very effective. I never saw the original but this edited version is technically very good, I don't really have any crit to add. Cheers (y)

Thats a very strong image - well composed and thought out. (y)

Very simple, very striking. Great job, well done.

Nice one Andy. (y)

Yes, certainly on theme Andy, no 'ish' about it IMHO.

A minimalist feel to the image but very effective. I never saw the original but this edited version is technically very good, I don't really have any crit to add. Cheers (y)

Cheers, all.

I really must get out of the house for Rustic :D

Andy another cracking image.

look forward to your rustic shot now

Greed....Simple and very effective with a small explanation to show your weakness, I agree it would look good printed large.

Angle...Red White and Blue, should have posted it on St Georges day :D, nicely done and something I need to have a go at.

(y)

Hi ya matey

Angles...cold even begin to crit that shot as have never managed to do a smoke trail :crying:

Like it very much , nice simple layout, great colors...yup :clap::clap:

Great work with the smoke art - looking really bright against the black.

I can see the angle - no problems there.

Red, white and Blue working really well too. (y)

Nicely caught smoke trails nice BG whats not to like well I perhaps would have liked to see them closer together to bring the crop into more of a portrait size rather than square (y)

Greed: You can never have to many toys, or so my oh likes to think!!

Angles: Great shot, very eye catching!

Greed....Simple and very effective with a small explanation to show your weakness, I agree it would look good printed large.

Angle...Red White and Blue, should have posted it on St Georges day :D, nicely done and something I need to have a go at.

(y)

Hi ya matey

Angles...cold even begin to crit that shot as have never managed to do a smoke trail :crying:

Like it very much , nice simple layout, great colors...yup :clap::clap:

Great work with the smoke art - looking really bright against the black.

I can see the angle - no problems there.

Red, white and Blue working really well too. (y)

Nicely caught smoke trails nice BG whats not to like well I perhaps would have liked to see them closer together to bring the crop into more of a portrait size rather than square (y)

Greed: You can never have to many toys, or so my oh likes to think!!

Angles: Great shot, very eye catching!

Cheers all. Appreciate the FB.

Yet to post my Rustic yet, but I have Friday off to go hunting :)

That's really nice!

The detail and DOF in panels 1 & 2, and then the 3rd panel sort of tying them together. Bang on theme too, rustic with extra rust!

The only suggestion I would make is that, for me, the red/pink tones are a little much in the middle panel, when compared to the other two.

Nice idea Andy. I have a similar idea - funny how some subjects seem to lend themselves to multiple images.

Good detail and dof on them all and a good range of tones. I agree with Nick that the central one is a bit pink in comparison.

Good inclusion of vegetation on #3 and i quite like the use of the 'torn paper' frame - all on theme.

That's really nice!

The detail and DOF in panels 1 & 2, and then the 3rd panel sort of tying them together. Bang on theme too, rustic with extra rust!

The only suggestion I would make is that, for me, the red/pink tones are a little much in the middle panel, when compared to the other two.

Nice idea Andy. I have a similar idea - funny how some subjects seem to lend themselves to multiple images.

Good detail and dof on them all and a good range of tones. I agree with Nick that the central one is a bit pink in comparison.

Good inclusion of vegetation on #3 and i quite like the use of the 'torn paper' frame - all on theme.

Cheers, guys.

:bonk::bonk::bonk: about the colour balance in #2. Looks like I did different WBs in Lightroom for 1/2 and 3.

Wonder what Saturday will bring :clap:

Rust(y)ic, and suits the triptych. nothing to fault at all there, really like it. :)

Hi
Like your rusty rustic shots. Good idea to put three together to get different views.

I like your rustic tryptic Andy, it looks like a great subject which has a lot of photographic potential. You must have been spoilt for choice on the detail shots?
I particularly like the colour tones, they have a warm feel about them which I feel adds to the theme. Good work matey (y)

Very rusty...rustic :D nice details and dof in the first 2, I would have like to see a much wider shot though showing it and it's location.

Rust(y)ic, and suits the triptych. nothing to fault at all there, really like it. :)

Hi
Like your rusty rustic shots. Good idea to put three together to get different views.

I like your rustic tryptic Andy, it looks like a great subject which has a lot of photographic potential. You must have been spoilt for choice on the detail shots?
I particularly like the colour tones, they have a warm feel about them which I feel adds to the theme. Good work matey (y)

Hi ya matey :wave:

Rustic.....lovely olde worlde feel to it , nice warm tones , great framing & use of tryptich :clap:...wonder what a contrasty B&W would like :thinking:

Black and White below.

Very rusty...rustic :D nice details and dof in the first 2, I would have like to see a much wider shot though showing it and it's location.

Thought of a wider shot but it was so overgrown you would'd see much :D

Cheers, all.

Week 17 Rustic B&W by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Thought of a wider shot but it was so overgrown you would'd see much :D

Our very on DD always carries a knife to do a bit of trimming if necessary although it sound like you might have needed a flame thrower.

BTW the B&W look great too.

Have to say I prefer the B+W the colour seems a bit too light for me nice triptych really works well. I also saw your flower pic for the 12 challenge very nice :clap:

Our very on DD always carries a knife to do a bit of trimming if necessary although it sound like you might have needed a flame thrower.

BTW the B&W look great too.

Leave only footprints :)

Have to say I prefer the B+W the colour seems a bit too light for me nice triptych really works well. I also saw your flower pic for the 12 challenge very nice :clap:

Cheers, I never considered b&w, which is strange because I am a fan.....thanks, Lynne (y)

Rustic: WOW. Excellent, I prefer the B&W.

I wish I could do that 3 images in one thing, I never seem to be able to do it to my satisfaction. Any tips?

great rusty rustic triptych there andy - great details spotted and captured on all three panes.... initially thought the first could do with a slightly greater DOF, but looking again thinks its pretty much spot on.

It is tricky keeping all the colours the same across the three frames, the middle is a bit pinky, much prefer the colour one out of the two, the greens could come down a little for me, but as it was sunny that's probably how they were, so... :clap:

Great triptych, all go together well and love the colours.

I like the b&w but think the colour one edges it in this one.

great rusty rustic triptych there andy - great details spotted and captured on all three panes.... initially thought the first could do with a slightly greater DOF, but looking again thinks its pretty much spot on.

It is tricky keeping all the colours the same across the three frames, the middle is a bit pinky, much prefer the colour one out of the two, the greens could come down a little for me, but as it was sunny that's probably how they were, so... :clap:

Great triptych, all go together well and love the colours.

I like the b&w but think the colour one edges it in this one.

Cheers, appreciate the feedback (y)

Hi, all :wave: well it's Friday night and here's my Kind. Without poopooing my own work, I will not be offended if there is a lack of comments :shake:

I was editing it, and Isabelle said, "Daddy, do you know what would have been really funny?", "No", says me, "You should have put loads of plasters on my legs".

I almost left the room :bonk:

Anyways...here's my Kind...not Isabelle's, which probably wouldn't have worked anyway :D

Post and be damned is a great mantra.

Some crackers this week, very inventive and imaginative :clap:

Week 18 kind by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Hi Andy,
I think your kind is close to being on theme but feel it just needs a little something else to make it home. Perhaps a pair of hands applying the plaster to show the act of kindness :thinking:
I do like the lowkey(ish) feel to the image with the eye drawn to the plaster which is well lit.
Post and be damned (y)

I'm not sure what I think, theme-wise, but I like the shot. The DOF falls off really gently and the plaster really jumps out.

Hi Andy,
I think your kind is close to being on theme but feel it just needs a little something else to make it home. Perhaps a pair of hands applying the plaster to show the act of kindness :thinking:
I do like the lowkey(ish) feel to the image with the eye drawn to the plaster which is well lit.
Post and be damned (y)

Yup, my initial idea was to have Jackie gently kissing the plaster but Isabelle was having none of it. :bat:

I'm not sure what I think, theme-wise, but I like the shot. The DOF falls off really gently and the plaster really jumps out.

Cheers, Nick, crowbar is the word you're looking for :D

Cheers, Nick, crowbar is the word you're looking for :D

It was a tough theme!

As I look through the threads I find it's very much a secondary consideration for me, a good pic is a good pic.

Kind, Like the lighting in this one, might be tempted to crop above the sock?
Rustic, I like the triptych, great subject choice and I like the b+w
Angles, Great colours in the smoke! Must try this! What was your setup?
Greed, Interesting take on the theme I like it,
Joker, lovely shot of the shell, great colour and nice bg
Tacky, made me laugh :D
direction number 5 is my fave out of your choices, dof is just right.
electric, prefer the colour version, I like the richness of the colour.

It was a tough theme!

As I look through the threads I find it's very much a secondary consideration for me, a good pic is a good pic.

Good way of looking at it.

Kind, Like the lighting in this one, might be tempted to crop above the sock?
Rustic, I like the triptych, great subject choice and I like the b+w
Angles, Great colours in the smoke! Must try this! What was your setup?
Greed, Interesting take on the theme I like it,
Joker, lovely shot of the shell, great colour and nice bg
Tacky, made me laugh :D
direction number 5 is my fave out of your choices, dof is just right.
electric, prefer the colour version, I like the richness of the colour.

Cheers, Michael, appreciate the FB. On the sock, I wanted to include some to emphasise it was Isabelle. Who wasn't that happy, as usual, to have to sit still for more than 30 seconds :bat:

Back