weekly Miniholic's 52 in 2013 project

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
My first attempt at a 52, so we'll see how it goes.

Using the project to try and get out of my comfort zone, as I always end up taking photo's of cars and not much else.

I've taken my week 1 photo, but haven't had chance to tweak it yet to upload as my current photo editing software doesn't accept Sony raw files (yes, thought I'd try and be clever by shooting raw for the first time:bang:).

Ian

Week 01 - Sin
Week 02 - Season
Week 03 - Gravity
Week 04 - Wild
Week 05 -
Week 06 -
Week 07 -
Week 08 -
Week 09 -
Week 10 -
Week 11 -
Week 12 -
Week 13 -
Week 14 -
Week 15 -
Week 16 -
Week 17 -
Week 18 -
Week 19 -
Week 20 -
Week 21 -
Week 22 -
Week 23 -
Week 24 -
Week 25 -
Week 26 -
Week 27 -
Week 28 -
Week 29 -
Week 30 -
Week 31 -
Week 32 -
Week 33 -
Week 34 -
Week 35 -
Week 36 -
Week 37 -
Week 38 -
Week 39 -
Week 40 -
Week 41 -
Week 42 -
Week 43 -
Week 44 -
Week 45 -
Week 46 -
Week 47 -
Week 48 -
Week 49 -
Week 50 -
Week 51 -
Week 52 -

Last edited:
Hi Ian...yayyyy another yorkshire member :wave:

Look forward to seeing your shots mister (y)

Thanks Dean/Blondie.

Unfortunately my broadband has been down for the last week, so I'm behind already. I've been advised that it could be out for another couple of weeks, so I'll be using my iPhone temporarily just to keep pace.

I'll add my week one pic when I'm back online, hope that's not breaking too many rules.

Week 1 - Sin.

One of my first thoughts to use for week one was chocolate, but I twisted the theme a little when I visited a friend on New Years eve and her cat was busy demolishing a Hotel Chocolate carrier bag. As I had my camera with me, I fired off a few shots of my reluctant model, and this is my favourite taken during a brief rest from the destruction while she was trying to appear innocent.

Jasmine1.jpg

Last edited:
Week 2 - Season

Preparing for the season.
A3D6BBBB-8AA7-493A-810F-078FA85C186E-28652-000035E91C021678.jpg

I thought images of fantastic snowscapes would be hard to beat, especially since I'm in the flattest part of Yorkshire so was at a loss until I was working on one of my cars preparing for the new season. Tenuous perhaps, but I had to try and get a Mini in somewhere. :D

It's straight from my iPhone with no PP, but at least it's kind of on time. :(

Damn that's a colorful Mini Ian, certainly a tenuous link... but would maybe work a bit better if somebody was bent over the engine... not you though mate (y)

Don't worry, I stay firmly behind the camera.

Took this one today while out for a walk in my village, probably more on theme than my previous one.

CanalWinter2013.jpg

No broadband still, posting this from my parents place. Have been advised that I won't be back online until next month. :( Sky taking on too many customers and not upgrading exchanges by the sound of it.

Week one now added, so I'm half up to date.

Last edited:
Hi Ian, well done on getting your 52 started (y)

Sin, I like the mischevious look on the cat's face, certainly caught in the act ;) It looks a little soft to me though, possibly because of low light.

Season #1 a tenuous link to the theme as you say but hey its your 52 and I know I have been guilty in the past of crowbarring images into theme :LOL:
As Dean says, very colourful, I particularly like the vibrant colours though, very eye catching. Again though, it looks a little soft to me.

Season #2 bang on theme. Some nice leading lines drawing the viewers eye in and through the scene (y) Iain

3 great shots so far.. being a cat lover I have to go for that as my fave.. I have a bag cat :)

the car looks great.. and very colourful.. and a lovely winters scene..

hope your BB is sorted soon!

Really like your updated season one. It seems a bit soft, but no big problem. Nice lines, and the ducks sit well in the middle of the picture.

Back