2014 Photo52 Challenge : Week 52 : Support

:wave: @Dark Knight , am missing a cpl of ticks on the spreadsheet when you have a minute, loud and skill (skill maybe classed as an archive image :whistle:) , cheers m8y :D

I have to admit that my motivation for this challenge is pretty low at the moment. At the last count there were still 30 odd people in this and yet the level of feedback in my view has dropped to an all time low :(. I received 3 comments for my last shot and I know other people have had similar responses. I'm guilty as well due to work, holidays and other "stuff" of not doing any recently so I'm happy to hold my hand up – in my defence though I have commented so on just short of 1200 images so far.

The good news is that I'm not looking for sympathy nor now any feedback. I've decided to continue but do this for myself. I set off at the beginning of the year to deliver 52 images (plus extras) and to improve on my photography as I go. So that's what I'm going to do. If I get feedback then great and I'll give some back but a lot more selectively than before. Pressure of life is taking over this year.

Rant over :muted: :muted: The show goes on. (y)

I have to admit that my motivation for this challenge is pretty low at the moment. At the last count there were still 30 odd people in this and yet the level of feedback in my view has dropped to an all time low :(. I received 3 comments for my last shot and I know other people have had similar responses. I'm guilty as well due to work, holidays and other "stuff" of not doing any recently so I'm happy to hold my hand up – in my defence though I have commented so on just short of 1200 images so far.

The good news is that I'm not looking for sympathy nor now any feedback. I've decided to continue but do this for myself. I set off at the beginning of the year to deliver 52 images (plus extras) and to improve on my photography as I go. So that's what I'm going to do. If I get feedback then great and I'll give some back but a lot more selectively than before. Pressure of life is taking over this year.

I'm guilty too mate... time is more restrictive than ever this year for me, I'm trying to comment on all that comment on mine, and to catch up on one or two others each day, but failing miserably :D

Tough time of the year as ever for all i guess, busy at work, stuff to do in gardens, Holidays - Fun Fun Fun... well done all that are still in, were on the downward slope towards the end of the year :clap:

And of course time to sign up for 2015's 52 challenge soon :naughty:

I try to comment on everyone's photographs thought being out of country curtailed the last two weeks comments and catchy up isn't something I have time for, I'm afraid. I always said when posting my comments that I don't expect FB as I was unable to do so for a few weeks.

I'll finish of this year but won't be doing a 5th year. I think 4 is enough and I've become a little jaded. I'll be focusing on the POTY next year, but will pop in now and again to the 52 for a foe encouraging comments.

Chests all.

Well said :agree:

Quite agree with what you have said Peter. I have fallen behind with my shots in the last few weeks, because life takes over, as you say (and some themes I find harder than others and I get a kind of 'rabbit in headlights' feeling), and my tendency is not to comment on others until I have done mine. Thus it builds up into a mega comment session. I also now comment only on those who have been gracious enough to comment on mine over the half year. So having this poke from you :) I will get my finger out today - but still not got passed 'Skill' :banghead:

2.46 am :arghh: Insomnia? Baying at the Supermoon?

I'm guilty too mate... time is more restrictive than ever this year for me, I'm trying to comment on all that comment on mine, and to catch up on one or two others each day, but failing miserably :D

Tough time of the year as ever for all i guess, busy at work, stuff to do in gardens, Holidays - Fun Fun Fun... well done all that are still in, were on the downward slope towards the end of the year :clap:

And of course time to sign up for 2015's 52 challenge soon :naughty:
Yeah I'd agree Dean, there is a time of year but I chatted to a couple of people about this a while ago. I don't see me doing a 52 next year. I've been entering my local club comps this year and have had some success including a 1st place :banana:. I'm considering doing some more. Maybe even going for a PAGB or RPS type award.

I try to comment on everyone's photographs thought being out of country curtailed the last two weeks comments and catchy up isn't something I have time for, I'm afraid. I always said when posting my comments that I don't expect FB as I was unable to do so for a few weeks.

I'll finish of this year but won't be doing a 5th year. I think 4 is enough and I've become a little jaded. I'll be focusing on the POTY next year, but will pop in now and again to the 52 for a foe encouraging comments.

Chests all.

4 years is a heck of an achievement and I know the amount of effort you put in - not just with your images - but in supporting everyone else with some great feedback.

Cheers Allan

Quite agree with what you have said Peter. I have fallen behind with my shots in the last few weeks, because life takes over, as you say (and some themes I find harder than others and I get a kind of 'rabbit in headlights' feeling), and my tendency is not to comment on others until I have done mine. Thus it builds up into a mega comment session. I also now comment only on those who have been gracious enough to comment on mine over the half year. So having this poke from you :) I will get my finger out today - but still not got passed 'Skill' :banghead:

2.46 am :arghh: Insomnia? Baying at the Supermoon?
Thanks Alan. I think commenting on those who comment on yours is a good way of going forward.

Sorry folks I have not had a lot of time this week so I apologise for not commenting on your 52s, will try and work my way around them over the next few days.

A very big sorry from me to everyone. Far too much has worked against me this year so far, I will do my best to get around some threads. Lack of inspiration is preventing me from catching up with my own pictures, think I still have 8 or 9 to do to catch up, I may have some pics from my holiday which might fit the themes.

I had thought of making it 5 years in a row with next years project, but at the moment, I reckon I shall just try to make it to the finishing line and be up to date by the end of this 4th year! Can't believe I have done it for so long! I may well concentrate on the poty in 2015.

Well, had another catch up and hopefully I'm up-to-date - if I've missed you IM me and I'll nip by.

This is the time in the project when it does seem to get hard. Even the seemingly easy themes are quite taxing. If you are still here you only have 20 weeks to go :clap: so keep on with it.

I've got a feeling (song in there somewhre :)) tomorrow's theme is gonna be a good one.

I'm in the same boat as Lynne (@blondie606) and Michael (@michael23) in that this is my 4th year. I suspect I won't be doing a 5th year. When I started doing the TP52 I wanted to learn new techniques and ideas and feel I may be doing it out of habit. Think I'll be focussing on the POTY 2015.

Cheers all.

Peter... please do be selfish - your photography is for you and for only you. If others like it then that's a plus! (and we do, by the way).

I started this challenge simply to improve my photography. I think I'm achieving that (albeit two steps forward, one step back) but I'm doing it for me. Even the crit is something I find helpful to me. Now that might sound terribly rude and selfish, but that's what drives me on in my hobby - finding ways to improve MY photography for ME. Sure, I'm actually a nicer person than that (I hope!) in that I do like giving feedback to others, I also like giving others a pat on the back when I think they need it... so I'm not all heartless and "me, me, me"!

If feedback on my photos dried up, I'd still be out there providing crit to others. That's because I see value in it and enjoy doing it. When I stop feeling that way then I might end up giving less crit. Hopefully that won't be the case for a very long time though!

Right... I'd better get a move on with my crit and my own take on Promise!

Peter... please do be selfish - your photography is for you and for only you. If others like it then that's a plus! (and we do, by the way).

I started this challenge simply to improve my photography. I think I'm achieving that (albeit two steps forward, one step back) but I'm doing it for me. Even the crit is something I find helpful to me. Now that might sound terribly rude and selfish, but that's what drives me on in my hobby - finding ways to improve MY photography for ME. Sure, I'm actually a nicer person than that (I hope!) in that I do like giving feedback to others, I also like giving others a pat on the back when I think they need it... so I'm not all heartless and "me, me, me"!

If feedback on my photos dried up, I'd still be out there providing crit to others. That's because I see value in it and enjoy doing it. When I stop feeling that way then I might end up giving less crit. Hopefully that won't be the case for a very long time though!

Right... I'd better get a move on with my crit and my own take on Promise!
Good for you Paul. Providing feedback has made me think about how I approach my own images which can only be a good thing.

I've got a few of my catch up photos in the bag but yet to edit them. Not got Promise yet but I do have an idea.

Although I've said I won't be in next year's TP52, I've been having a think and I often what to give detailed C&C, but, and especially in the initial months when there are approaching 100 members taking part, it's not feasible.

I might comment once a month for each member on what I consider their best entry and by doing so I can give detailed C&C, focusing on what I like, what could be improved (technically and post processing) and making reference to anything else that might help members improve.

Cheers all.

Although I've said I won't be in next year's TP52, I've been having a think and I often what to give detailed C&C, but, and especially in the initial months when there are approaching 100 members taking part, it's not feasible.

I might comment once a month for each member on what I consider their best entry and by doing so I can give detailed C&C, focusing on what I like, what could be improved (technically and post processing) and making reference to anything else that might help members improve.

Cheers all.

That sounds like a brilliant idea, Andy.

Cheers all.
DAMN !!!! sound like the perfect plan to me :clap:

& my apologies as well.....I've been suffering with a severe case of " can't be arseditis" lately , no enthusiasm for taking shots for the 52 at all....had a spin out on the bike yesterday & a break from Motox & now feeling a bit better :) Though having seen how much of a catch up I need to do on comments I maybe about to have a relapse :eek: I think this may be the 4 year dip !

next year....part of me doesn't want to as it's a big commitment , especially in the early days when you've got possibly over 100 people taking part - commenting is mare .I'm finding it hard enough with just the few we have left in ! However , I really think I'd miss it so yeah , probably back for a 5th year though I may follow Andy's lead regards commenting & try to keep my feelings of guilt for not getting round everyone under control !

I have got my shots for wk's 31,32 & 33 so off to post & try to get some commenting done......

TTFN :wave:

Hi Guys,
Microsoft upgrade fault has caused me mega problems, (they have since taken the offending upgrades off) which I can't get fixed for a while, I'm not able to boot up, laptop has no editing program at all, So no photographs to post for a bit, I will try to comment using the laptop but find it very difficult to use, sorry everyone might have a mega catchup when it is mended :crying:

Right, as from sharp I'm going to try and keep up with comments again :)......I've said try, please don't strap mi down and thrash mi with a birch if I fail :p

Also, as the '52 challenge has gone on, I've noticed on a few images we can't see the exif ( I was going to mention this a while ago but never got round to it) I think, for me, knowing the settings of an image can be very useful, just one example is that if an image is soft and the shutter speed was slow the exif would show this and advice can be given :) even if we don't have access to the exif on flickr it would be good if settings could be added to the thread :)

If do fail to keep up with comments and you do decide to thrash mi :eek:, give mi a cpl extra for the idea above if you like :p

Right, as from sharp I'm going to try and keep up with comments again :)......I've said try, please don't strap mi down and thrash mi with a birch if I fail :p

Also, as the '52 challenge has gone on, I've noticed on a few images we can't see the exif ( I was going to mention this a while ago but never got round to it) I think, for me, knowing the settings of an image can be very useful, just one example is that if an image is soft and the shutter speed was slow the exif would show this and advice can be given :) even if we don't have access to the exif on flickr it would be good if settings could be added to the thread :)

If do fail to keep up with comments and you do decide to thrash mi :eek:, give mi a cpl extra for the idea above if you like :p

All form an orderly queue now :bat:

Evenin' all, well, I might have mentioned before but I'm off to Munich for 5 days tomorrow with some mates for a 40th (not mine, though :)).

Can't wait, got some cracking visits planned.

Anyway, I'll try and keep up with comments while I'm away but it's 30 years since I was based in Germany and I've waited all this time for a few steins so please take anything I say with a pinch of salt :)

Cheers all (y)

Enjoy Andy... I love Munich and the surrounding area - probably my favourite part of Germany (although the Mosel comes a close second). At least you're going there before the stupidity all kicks off in a month's time. Enjoy!

Have a Hefeweizen or two for all of us :)

Another theme! I am falling behind, this is bad!

lol I still have to do "Sharp" and "Promise" then there is whatever tomorrows throws at me.............:coat:

Might try and get "Sharp" done tonight as I know what I want to do but it's finding the time.........

Pure, .......could be time for a selfie :angelic:

Back