weekly blakesters 2014 52 - Retired Gracefully

Iain, your patience and creativity never fail to impress. I can't peel one boiled egg that cleanly, never mind 5! The lovely bright yolk really makes the image pop out.

Thanks Elaine (y)

:D Those eggs aren't peeled, they are white duck eggs, do you know how difficult it was to get eggs with a white shell? :ROFLMAO:
They made for a lovely lunch that day, edible props are the way forward you know? ;)

Great idea for fresh, very artistic. I know you said not an original idea but I've not seen that done before :)
I particularly like the bright lighting

Thanks Chris (y)
I enjoyed the 'making' of it, although it is a bit of a departure away from my usual subject/style :)

and boom - he does it again. :clap:

great idea, lovley colours from the pencils, excellent arrangement, feeling teh middle two could go a tiny bit clockwise.

apart from that, its wonderful... the bigger, individual ones on flickr are even better. (y)

and boom - he does it again. :clap:

great idea, lovley colours from the pencils, excellent arrangement, feeling teh middle two could go a tiny bit clockwise.

apart from that, its wonderful... the bigger, individual ones on flickr are even better. (y)

Cheers Graham (y)

It was a little frustrating setting the pencils up but I am pleased with the outcome :D

Hi, Iain, nice to meet you again at the weekend.

Coloured pencil, nice one. Vivid colours and nice clean layout.

Slight rotation has been mentioned.

I'd like to see slightly wider borders around each one.

Cheers.

Its all been said Iain, excellent :clap: (y)

Damn... that's bright Iain :cool:

Super idea, well set up again, must have took ages !!!!, minor frit and all I can think of is the order, my brain wants, diamond, club, heart & spade (not sure if that is just a local thing)

Fantastic colours and lighting again, crisp white background as usual too - a wall hanger for me that one :clap:

Very colourful, nice and clean with good detail :clap:

Cheers Craig (y)

fantastic shapes. I picked up my ipad to browse Flickr and these leapt out of the screen at me! great job :clap:

Cheers Chris (y)
Kind comments thanks

Hi, Iain, nice to meet you again at the weekend.

Coloured pencil, nice one. Vivid colours and nice clean layout.

Slight rotation has been mentioned.

I'd like to see slightly wider borders around each one.

Cheers.

Cheers Andy(y)
I see what you mean about the borders, but I felt making them any larger would show less of the individual frames and they are already a bit packed in there. Good point though

Wow that's a stunner:clap::clap:, you must have a heck of a lot of patience to do that and its a wonder that you can see at all when you've finished(y)(y)

:D Thanks Judi (y)
I suppose I do have a lot of patience, it would seem so as I do have a penchant for these type of set up shots :D

Its all been said Iain, excellent :clap: (y)

Cheers Phil (y)

Hi Iain, absolutely stunning images there ...... they are a work of art, and would make a great canvas on a wall.

Thanks Susie (y)
Work of art? I am flattered, thank you so much

Hi Iain, bright colourful and well executed, makes my eyes go funny so its all good (y)

Cheers Allan (y)

Damn... that's bright Iain :cool:

Super idea, well set up again, must have took ages !!!!, minor frit and all I can think of is the order, my brain wants, diamond, club, heart & spade (not sure if that is just a local thing)

Fantastic colours and lighting again, crisp white background as usual too - a wall hanger for me that one :clap:

Cheers Dean (y)
Not sure about the order to be honest.

Cheers David (y)

HI Iain

Fresh......can't crit this at all , I keep looking at the stem & wanting to dislike it because it seems the wrong way up ( thick part should be at the bottom) but I can't.......original idea ( as always with you ) & eggscellent ( groan groan :) ) execution :clap::clap:

& as for Shape......:notworthy::notworthy: simply wonderful....your creativity & patience shining through......definitely frameable either together or as a set of 4.....:clap::clap:

HI Iain

Fresh......can't crit this at all , I keep looking at the stem & wanting to dislike it because it seems the wrong way up ( thick part should be at the bottom) but I can't.......original idea ( as always with you ) & eggscellent ( groan groan :) ) execution :clap::clap:

& as for Shape......:notworthy::notworthy: simply wonderful....your creativity & patience shining through......definitely frameable either together or as a set of 4.....:clap::clap:

Thanks Lynne (y)
I will definitely be getting the pencils printed, I think individually so as it will be a set of four. :D

Well I have a couple of weeks to catch up on, I have been working away from home for various reasons this past little while but I was second shooter to Damien @Slimbert at the weekend just gone.
So my submissions for Number and Strong/Strength are wedding based.
C&C welcome as always but not expected as I haven't been commenting around the threads lately.

First up Number

Lucky Sixpence by iain blake, on Flickr

And Strong/Strength, I do hope this doesn't require a crowbar, my thinking was love, partnership, relationship etc, all being strong.

Lean on Me by iain blake, on Flickr

Number - I like the composition on this, I am not sure if I like the background or not, like the fact I can see some detail in the sixpence.

Strong - no use of the crowbar, I can make a connection with the theme, I do feel the image looks a little bit bright and some of the detail in the rings have been lost.

Hi, 105mm @ 3.2.... Wafer thin DOF. Like it. The muted tones work really well and the detail is great. I like texture on the surface and the green :thinking: on the wall behind.

Strong, cracking light, well composed with good detail. Like the border as well.

Good show.

Cheers.

Two great images as usual Iain (y)

The very shallow dof really works for me on the shilling, good lighting and great detail (y)

im liking the high key rings, very nice lighting and no nasty reflections anywhere, and it fits the theme well for me. I cant help thinking that theres something missing. Im not sure what, and I cant fault it any other way, just...something? not the most helpful crit ever sorry.o_O

Hi Iain, can't say as I am too keen on the sixpence shot its nicely done just not really saying anything to me, the rings though are superb beautifully lit and a great composition (y)

Number - I like the composition on this, I am not sure if I like the background or not, like the fact I can see some detail in the sixpence.

Strong - no use of the crowbar, I can make a connection with the theme, I do feel the image looks a little bit bright and some of the detail in the rings have been lost.

Thanks for looking in and commenting Mandy (y)
With strong though I can't see any loss of detail TBH :(

Strong is really great and I don't think it is a shoe horn! very clean image and great composition

Thanks Richard (y)

Hi, 105mm @ 3.2.... Wafer thin DOF. Like it. The muted tones work really well and the detail is great. I like texture on the surface and the green :thinking: on the wall behind.

Strong, cracking light, well composed with good detail. Like the border as well.

Good show.

Cheers.

Cheers Andy (y)
Number, the sixpence is actually placed on a wicker chair, it was painted that green colour.
The border in strong is simply a drop shadow, just to highlight the edge of the frame.

Two great images as usual Iain (y)

The very shallow dof really works for me on the shilling, good lighting and great detail (y)

Cheers Phil(y)

im liking the high key rings, very nice lighting and no nasty reflections anywhere, and it fits the theme well for me. I cant help thinking that theres something missing. Im not sure what, and I cant fault it any other way, just...something? not the most helpful crit ever sorry.o_O

Cheers Adam (y)
It is a bit minimalist, could that be the problem?

Hi Iain, can't say as I am too keen on the sixpence shot its nicely done just not really saying anything to me, the rings though are superb beautifully lit and a great composition (y)

Cheers Allan (y)
No worries on the sixpence.
The rings are shot in natural light, i placed them on a window sill.

HI Iain,

I think you have managed two themes that don't need a crowbar :clap:

I like the sixpence shot my eyes are drawn straight to it, the detail is good

the rings again really nice image lighting is good composition works

Craig

Cheers Craig (y)

Back