weekly blakesters 52 for 2013 Finally Complete! Last 3 weeks added

That's a super still life that's bang on theme! Nicely done!

On looking at the shot my first thought was, How on earth did you get it to balance, was just thinking I'd go downstairs and satisfy my curiosity when I read how you'd done it. :LOL:
I like the detail of the speckles in the egg.

On looking at the shot my first thought was, How on earth did you get it to balance, was just thinking I'd go downstairs and satisfy my curiosity when I read how you'd done it. :LOL:
I like the detail of the speckles in the egg.

Shhh Mandy, keep that to yourself :LOL:

The speckles on the egg were my main focal point. I wanted the spoon handle on a parallel plane also so that would be in focus, hence f11 to try to get a decent dof.

I now have a vision of you trying to balance an egg on a spoon :LOL:
Good luck with that :LOL:

Simple, clean, well composed, fantastic!

Very nice, sharp and clean. The hotspots do not bother me, it is the different shades and brightness that stop it looking completely flat

Thanks Christine, I too wasn't bothered by the hotspot, like you I think it gives it shape and form.

Thanks Christine, I too wasn't bothered by the hotspot, like you I think it gives it shape and form.

Intesting point. I guess I can get a bit obsessive about highlights. I might have an edit, won't post here, to see what it looks like without the hightlight.

Cheers and out of interest, Iain, did you'd do any with the egg the other way up?

Intesting point. I guess I can get a bit obsessive about highlights. I might have an edit, won't post here, to see what it looks like without the hightlight.

Cheers and out of interest, Iain, did you'd do any with the egg the other way up?

Hi Andy, that wasn't in any way a dig at yourself matey. You made a very valid point which I completely agree with. My pp skills are not up to removing it.

I only took photographs of the egg in one position.

OMG....ya've done it again :clap:
For me that is perfect as is...shadow , light spot , compostion, color in the egg...perfect :clap:

ps...I'm kinda hopin for some tution on the Malverns trip...between you Andy & Neil I may just manage to learn something about lighting & flash :love:

great idea for the theme.. lighting is spot on.. nice crisp details.. like that shadow!

OMG....ya've done it again :clap:
For me that is perfect as is...shadow , light spot , compostion, color in the egg...perfect :clap:

ps...I'm kinda hopin for some tution on the Malverns trip...between you Andy & Neil I may just manage to learn something about lighting & flash :love:

Wow! Thanks Lynne (y)

Tuition? That would assume I knew what I was doing :LOL:
I am more of a "lets try this and see if it works" kinda photographer. :LOL:

Of course, it goes without saying Lynne, I am happy to pass on any little tips that I have picked up along the way. I am really looking forward to next week

Nice crisp lean still-life shot although for me I still needed the explanation :bonk:

Cracking shot Iain. Like the composition, colour contrast and spoon reflection. Very original and spot on.

Absolutely super Iain...gorgeous lighting and composition here!

Nice idea, very well executed :clap:

Nice idea for the theme!

I can't help thinking that the slight hotspot on the egg makes it look like it has been Photoshopped in, but I appreciate the setup details and really like the shot.

Drew

Nice idea for the theme!

I can't help thinking that the slight hotspot on the egg makes it look like it has been Photoshopped in, but I appreciate the setup details and really like the shot.

Drew

Cheers Drew (y)

Certainly a different view of the image but it is as is, an egg balanced on bluetac on a spoon :LOL: Thanks for looking/commenting, much appreciated.

A little late with last weeks theme "Wild" but have just returned from a great meet with some of the other 52'ers and t'internet access was a little limited.

Below is my take on "wild", C&C welcome as always.

4 Wild by iain blake, on Flickr

Yet again, you produce the goods.

Great tones and colours.

I like them all, but d is my favourite because I can remember the tree in the photograph :D

Cheers and a pleasure to meet you again (y)

Yet again, you produce the goods.

Great tones and colours.

I like them all, but d is my favourite because I can remember the tree in the photograph :D

Cheers and a pleasure to meet you again (y)

Cheers Andy,
d is a particular favourite of mine too, that tree was a good spot from someone :LOL:

Yes, great to meet up again. Just been through my shots, not really too inspired by them to be honest but hey doesn't take away from a great weekend eh?

Last edited:
Got to see this in the making :)

All great images but think i prefer the D also, great contrast in the cone.

Got to see this in the making :)

All great images but think i prefer the D also, great contrast in the cone.

:LOL: Cheers Ben, you certainly did. Great meeting you on Saturday. Look out for Lynne's thread re the next meet(s) ;)

I love the quartet and I'm particularly struck by the 'face' in the fourth one.

Thanks Tony, yes the background is particularly abstract open to different interpretations.

Hey Iain sounds like you had a fab time!!

I think I'm with everyone else here.. Loving 'd' that face is eerily Awesomesauce :grin:

Hey Iain sounds like you had a fab time!!

I think I'm with everyone else here.. Loving 'd' that face is eerily Awesomesauce :grin:

Hi Trace, yes I had a great time, good company and the weather was not too bad either.

D seems to be the one with the most votes :LOL:

As a few people have made reference to the "face" in the background of "d" in wild, I am posting a photograph of the background without the pine cone.

I must say at this point, it wasn't me who spotted this particular tree, credit must go to Lynne, John or Robbie I think. I take no credit for the content :LOL:

I give you "Woodface" :LOL:

Woodface by iain blake, on Flickr

Lovely set of four - a little bit of imagination needed to "see" the letters, but once you've got the idea they're all there :LOL:

Maybe the backgrounds of the 'l' and the 'd' are too similar, given the differences between the first three..... :thinking:

But perfectly framed in white, works really well.

superb take on wild have to agree with everyone else :clap:

Thanks Alan, a literal take but I am quite pleased with it.

Lovely set of four - a little bit of imagination needed to "see" the letters, but once you've got the idea they're all there :LOL:

Maybe the backgrounds of the 'l' and the 'd' are too similar, given the differences between the first three..... :thinking:

But perfectly framed in white, works really well.

Thanks Graham, I see where you are coming from about the backgrounds but they are pretty much it from what I took.

Hi Iain

Wild - like the last three shots - the first is only Ok:)

All very clear and some lovely colours and detail in all of them appropriate to the subject.

Thanks Allan, I struggled with "w", this was the best of a bad bunch :LOL:

Back