weekly cjt2011 TP52 2015 WEEK 0 Patterns WEEK 1 Bliss ADDED

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Well here we are I had a go at this some time ago and failed so going to try again, and hopefully will celebrate at the end of 2015. :) :) :)
So I will see how it goes and I will try my best to get done.
Good Luck to all ! ! :D

Carl :)

View attachment 28003

Last edited:
Thank you guys and gals for the welcome to the challenge so off to a very slow start but decided to start from the practice run. Now playing catch up for reasons of January starting to be a busy start for my family 80th Birthday not mine I must add LOL, also having to contend with my daughters wedding coming up in February. Enough of excuses now and on with it.

So Patterns for practice round my immediate thought was wallpaper so bold patterns on the bedroom wall which is a purple colour but sometimes comes out blue which happened with this but after altering the settings ISO etc it has come out the true colour. I have adjusted with curves and midtones to stop the blow out with flash in the middle this has brought the detail of the flower lines.

Week 0 Patterns

View attachment 29054

When I saw Week 1 theme I had been out for a chippy tea and thought well this is the Bliss picture so although it isn't the best presented plate of food but it does the job everyone loves a chippy tea. Adjusted with curves after eating it of course

Week 1 Bliss

View attachment 29055

Hi Carl and good luck with your 52 :)

Your Patterns is so eyecatching ....a great choice for the theme.
Nothing like fish and chips from the chippy is there ....well done for catching up and taking fresh shots instead of 'using oldies'.... I'm looking forward to following your thread.

Patterns - that's very eye catching and certainly works for the theme.

Bliss - now you have made me feel hungry looking at that, I love a good plate of fish, chips and mushy peas. A good take for the theme, even if the food is not artistically put on the plate.

Hi Carl,nice work,like both of your pictures,i must admit looking at the one of your chippy tea,has made me feel a little peckish myself,and think it is an excellent interpretation of the theme,good luck for the rest of the 52 week project,will be posting my pics shortly,and hoping to finish this project,now my laptop and camera are back in working order,

Hi Carl,nice work,like both of your pictures,i must admit looking at the one of your chippy tea,has made me feel a little peckish myself,and think it is an excellent interpretation of the theme,good luck for the rest of the 52 week project,will be posting my pics shortly,and hoping to finish this project,now my laptop and camera are back in working order,

Fish chips and Mushy peas, Bliss!
Your'll get no argument from me either (y)

Hi Carl & a belated welcome from me :wave:

Patterns...... given you used flash that's turned out remarkably well :)

Bliss.....yumyum...(except for those mushy pea's :puke:) fairly good lighting on the fish & lemon wedge :)

The little spot at the back & the one near the front wold clone out quite easily

Last edited:
Bliss
So I'm on a diet and every time I scroll down page 8 of the 52ers photos and see this it makes me mega hungry. Others .have said mushy peas but I recon it looks like curry sauce. Nice DOF and I agree with others about removing the spots. When I saw the one at the from I thought it was a dril of tommy sauce, which is the one thing missing from the photo ;)

Hi Carl,

quite a nice take on a Laura Ashley theme - no insult intended! Bold and clear. I like it.

Karl

Hi Carl - nice image for Patterns... perfectly on theme :)

Bliss is a great idea and your positioning and framing is spot on for me. If you have a flash which can swivel, I'd aim it towards the ceiling above the subject and try shooting it again - you'll get much more even light and softer shadows which I think would really life that shot. Apart from that, I think it works really well and your DOF choice is perfect for me as I hate mushy peas ;)

Back