weekly Kelper's 52 in 2013 - Wk 2 Season

Name
Kelvin
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm not sure which was harder taking the pic or setting up this thread!

Last edited:
First attempt at sin:

Painted_lady.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmmmmmm that's a cracker of a shot so if that was easier than setting up the thread then :thinking: you have set a high standard that you gonna have to live upto every week.

nice start not really keen on selective colour but that works

fantastic picture ..love it :) you can see you really thought about the subject ........look forward to the next ones

Good subject, works telly nicely for me, and I like the selective colouring too. :)

The selective colour didnt really jump out at me so for me its not intrusive at all and works really well.

Great start

I also like the selective colouring, and the inclusion of the french pussy cat lady on the right hand side. Seems like you had a sinful weekend after all :)

SC as it should be used. Really draws my eye :thinking:

Good depth, details and I like that you've put the Soho text really close to the lower left, really add some tension.

No crit...with I don't like ;)

Cheers.

excellent for the theme.. well framed and nice use of selective colour.. what a great start

Agree with all the positive comments already. Nicely taken with use of colours and in keeping with the theme.

Thanks for comments! I felt very self conscious walking around Soho taking photographs, although to be slightly more discreet I was using my compact and the walls/lampposts as my ‘tripod’. The rest was thanks to Photoshop, it is my first real crack at selective colours and as Keriok remarked there was lots of rubbish on the wall which I wanted to draw the eye away from.

Season - Struggled to complete this week, luckily a bit of frost to meet the theme
Ice_pole_.jpg

Last edited:
Love the ice detail around the edge of the trunk, my eyes followed it all the way around. As said, a bit of cropping to balance the view on the eye>
Well done.

As mentioned above regarding the crop. The detail and DOF are spot on and really fits the theme.

Your sin was one of my favourite shots of the week for the theme, bags of atmosphere and mood.

Last edited:
HI kelvin

Sin - nicely composed and well handled subtle selective colouring

Season - spot on theme - good detail and colours and b/g. Like the crop (with perhaps a little more of the base showing) - I think that the space to the right gives it balance and a little form of movement as if the log could roll into it.

Last edited:
Very fitting to the theme, I like "Sin". "Season" however all seems a bit basic on the eye, although the shallow dof works well :)

Back