B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

Just getting started in BnW - much harder than I thought - would love some feedback. Really in awe of a lot of the shots in this thread.

I really like that shot; it's very dark and brooding (I'm guessing that's your intent) with still a good range of tones, and some nice diagonals in the composition. Those very dark fallen trees really make it for me.

I like how it's lit up in that first one, would be cool to get a night photo.

They were both taken at night.

Yes I could have been more clear - I prefer the contrast of you first night shot in particular.

I would also love to see how my own photo would come out at night :)

An interesting project. At the back of me is an old pub, built in 1895-ish when the road was an old lane with just a few houses. The owner has decded to move in and in renovating the accommodation found a box of old photos ans a photocopy of an old photo, dated 1912 and entitled with the local outing club.

shaw-outing-club.jpg

A few regulars decided to recreate the image. We had to grow facial hair :)
Assignment-1-5.jpg

An interesting project. At the back of me is an old pub, built in 1895-ish when the road was an old lane with just a few houses. The owner has decded to move in and in renovating the accommodation found a box of old photos ans a photocopy of an old photo, dated 1912 and entitled with the local outing club.

shaw-outing-club.jpg

A few regulars decided to recreate the image. We had to grow facial hair :)
Assignment-1-5.jpg

Brilliant, byker! From the great idea through the persistence to grow the face fungus, to the execution... lovely stuff!

Back