weekly Mandy's first 52 challenge 2014 week 52 added and all finished now

Hi Mandy twisted its all been said BG not really cutting it,
fresh, great focus on the Lily and good colour very fresh (y)

Looks good Mandy, good detail in the paper weight, good lighting (y) might have worked better for me with a smooth bg though, it just looks a bit crumpled :)

Hi Mandy, have to agree about the BG, its lit well and has nice detail but smoother BG and maybe some colour would help

Hi Mandy, I have to agree with the others about the background, but it is well lit and a good take on the theme.

One question though, are the two dots above the eye supposed to be there?

Hi Mandy

Post & be dammed for Twisted........

Shape.....well lit , central position works well & no nasty highlights which can be a mare on reflective items like that (y) I dno'y mind the bg too much but def think a colored sheet might have made it pop more

Fresh...lovely colors , frame filling , & I love how you isolated the staemen , they really pop :clap:

Fresh, lovely bright colours and good detail where needed. Cleaner BG would isolate the flower better but ya gotta work with what ya got :)

Shape. Nice detail, well composed and I like the high key feel.

Cheers.

Hi Mandy

Post & be dammed for Twisted........

Shape.....well lit , central position works well & no nasty highlights which can be a mare on reflective items like that (y) I dno'y mind the bg too much but def think a colored sheet might have made it pop more

Fresh...lovely colors , frame filling , & I love how you isolated the staemen , they really pop :clap:

Fresh, lovely bright colours and good detail where needed. Cleaner BG would isolate the flower better but ya gotta work with what ya got :)

Shape. Nice detail, well composed and I like the high key feel.

Cheers.

Thanks for the comments much appreciated

Fresh - shot is well composed and has a lot of detail and colour. Crop suits it and the shot has immediate impact.
Shape - generally I agree with the comments about a better b/g but in this instance i feel that it just about works because it gives a high key contrast to the smooth nature of the paperweight and the shapes do echo the shape of the p/weight.
The small black spots do attract the attention but should be easy to clone out.

Fresh - shot is well composed and has a lot of detail and colour. Crop suits it and the shot has immediate impact.
Shape - generally I agree with the comments about a better b/g but in this instance i feel that it just about works because it gives a high key contrast to the smooth nature of the paperweight and the shapes do echo the shape of the p/weight.
The small black spots do attract the attention but should be easy to clone out.

Thanks for the comments

I really. Like the creased background on the shape shot; it adds to the slightly glacial feel, making it look like a nice sculpture. If you wanted you could probably add a slight blue tint to it to increase that effect.

Lovely flower shot for Fresh.

Thank you for dropping by.

There have been a few 'post and be damned' for this one :thinking:

On theme and the first thing I thought was Facebook, I suspect it's due to the blue.

Cheers.

Action - Maybe a tad too central (a crop off the right would help that) but the angle the biker is leaning in on makes this a well caught action shot. The panning is spot on.

Mono - This has been well converted and is nice and sharp but I feel doesn't have the impact of the action shot.

Twisted - The little strands add a little interest but I think a contrasting colour background would have helped boost this a little

Fresh - Lovely bright and vivid colours but not too over saturated. The focus looks nice as well.

Shape - The background is a little distracting but I like the overall high keyish type effect

Number - I think the colour of the wood makes the WB appear to be a little off. The use of the diagonal helps add to the image though.

There have been a few 'post and be damned' for this one :thinking:

On theme and the first thing I thought was Facebook, I suspect it's due to the blue.

Cheers.

Thanks for the comments.

Action - Maybe a tad too central (a crop off the right would help that) but the angle the biker is leaning in on makes this a well caught action shot. The panning is spot on.

Mono - This has been well converted and is nice and sharp but I feel doesn't have the impact of the action shot.

Twisted - The little strands add a little interest but I think a contrasting colour background would have helped boost this a little

Fresh - Lovely bright and vivid colours but not too over saturated. The focus looks nice as well.

Shape - The background is a little distracting but I like the overall high keyish type effect

Number - I think the colour of the wood makes the WB appear to be a little off. The use of the diagonal helps add to the image though.

Thank you very much for your comments much appreciated.

My re shoot for Swirl is off one of my roses that my fella bought me, taken on my 600D with my kit lens and then a Blue filter added in Lightroom and some clarity and sharpening adjustments. My idea for week 21 is a simple image of my trusty adjustable spanner as it's made from strong metals. I must admit these are not my best efforts but it does bring me up to date and i can look forward to this weeks theme and put more effort into that.

Swirl re shoot
Swirl re shoot by pinkbikerbabe 1, on Flickr

week 21 Strong/Strength

Strong-Strength by pinkbikerbabe 1, on Flickr

Hi Mandy

Swirl I really like , especially the moody mono (y) just the bg lets it down a smidge......

Numbers....pales beside Swirl

Strong...on theme , no horrid bright bits on a shiny object , a hint of shadow to ground it :)but the lighting at the bottom lets it down a bit

Hi Mandy

Swirl I really like , especially the moody mono (y) just the bg lets it down a smidge......

Numbers....pales beside Swirl

Strong...on theme , no horrid bright bits on a shiny object , a hint of shadow to ground it :)but the lighting at the bottom lets it down a bit

Thanks Lynne for your comments, I must confess my pp work was a little rushed.

Hi Mandy,

Numbers- dof works but not a lover of the pov :)

Re-shoot- I quite like the rose, good detail and it suits the processing (y)......:thinking: think the bg spoils it a little though

Strong- looks well lit, good detail, (y) as mentioned by Lynne the Shadow at the bottom lets it down, possibly a different pov again for me :)

Hi Mandy,

Numbers- dof works but not a lover of the pov :)

Re-shoot- I quite like the rose, good detail and it suits the processing (y)......:thinking: think the bg spoils it a little though

Strong- looks well lit, good detail, (y) as mentioned by Lynne the Shadow at the bottom lets it down, possibly a different pov again for me :)

Thanks for your comments I have taken them on board and will make some amendments later on :)

like the rose very much ... and personally don't think there's anything wrong with the BG except it needs straightening.

Hi Mandy, Love the rose, I agree that the bg might be better if it was plain. Strong looks good too not crit on that one. Well done.

Back