weekly Posiview's 2013 52. Week 52, Water added TTFN.

Hi Andy, great work on both, didn't guess the 1st, but now I know what it is can see how it fits in with works, love the colours in the 2nd, and again all the detail set against the black BG give it that extra punch, some great work :clap:

I don't know what the first is either, but the sharpness and processing are spot on. The work and not work, work well too. (y)

Second one is very clever! Would love to see how you did that

Really like your metalwork;

As others have said it is a little bit spoiled by the sellotape and the blown out section, But the colours look great.

Andy, I like the metal work theme. The Irn Bru theme is very good, the colours oustanding and the composition of portraying a smoking cigrarette on ash tray is very clever. How many cuts in your fingers cutting that can up? Great job!

Work #2 - good idea and well handled. Good punchy colours and I like the lighting and the b/g. Really good smoke trail

Thanks. Getting the smoke trail caused the blown bit. Suspect there is a gadget that could have sorted this :thinking:

Oooo that's clever, great handy work in making it. I wouldn't have noticed the sellotape if it hadn't been pointed out. Either way it doesn't bother me, it's still a good shot (y)

Thanks, I did enjoy making this one.

Your space shot made me laugh, great idea.

Your first work shot i have no idea what it is! Your other work pic i really like, the colours draw me to it. I didnt see the sellotape either but great effort you have put into making it!

Yeah, the blooming sellotape :bonk:

It is this clicky linky :D

No idea either as to what the first shot is of. Doesn't really work for me, to much going on. I can see the focal point, but it doesn't stand out enough for me. Sorry.

Metalwork - Much better in my opinion, great colours and bang on theme. Great craft skills too. (y)

Any clues as to what the first is of?

Yeah, first Word bombed a bit :D

It's one of these clicky linky

Hi Andy, great work on both, didn't guess the 1st, but now I know what it is can see how it fits in with works, love the colours in the 2nd, and again all the detail set against the black BG give it that extra punch, some great work :clap:

Thanks, quite strange for me it's obvious...but it would be, I was there :D

I don't know what the first is either, but the sharpness and processing are spot on. The work and not work, work well too. (y)

Thanks, first Work is this clicky linky

Second one is very clever! Would love to see how you did that

See her for second Work see here clicky linky gotta love Youtube :D

Really like your metalwork;

As others have said it is a little bit spoiled by the sellotape and the blown out section, But the colours look great.

Yeah, selletape, sometimes it's easy to miss the obvious :bonk:

Andy, I like the metal work theme. The Irn Bru theme is very good, the colours oustanding and the composition of portraying a smoking cigrarette on ash tray is very clever. How many cuts in your fingers cutting that can up? Great job!

Funnily enough no cuts :D

Your the first to mention Iron Bru :D

Sorry it's taken so long to catch up: I adore the Space shot and the capture of the fumes coming off the burning fuse wire is technically brilliant. It's a fabulous abstract.

Thanks, I did enjoy doing these :D

Great work on both of those work ones. Love the "work" done on the Irn Bru can. Recognised the first one straight off, maybe I poke around with things too much!

Crikey Andy - do you never stop or sleep :thinking::D

Creative idea - had to have a look at it at full size in flickr to see the detail of your work. Great colour match, clean , minimal and fautless b/g. Good shadow on pot too, to give the 3D

Only minor crit is that it's leaning to the left isn't it , including the pot, and a bit of shine on the back rim. But crikey, I would be pleased as punch with that. (y)

Last edited:
For me I prefer the first (metal) work shot. Your (metal) Work 4 shot is nice lovely color however until I saw the first metal shot I didn't realize the leaves were made of metal.

I think you need some relaxation therapy! chill out a little!

On the plus side i love your interpretations of themes, even if at first i find them difficult to work out!

A1 on work ethic pal! could do with borrowing some just lately :(

Really like the metal work ones.

You really put a lot of work into these challenges and the pictures are great.

My god man...is there no stopping you :LOL:

Liking metal work plant..nice vibrant colors...a smidge on the squiff though......

Irn bru...fab , brill...great colors , lovely smoke trail...& very cleverly made.....all other crit has been posted so just a (y) from me

eeekkk, finally worked out how to multi quote when using iPad!!

superpippo said:
Crikey Andy - do you never stop or sleep :thinking::D

Creative idea - had to have a look at it at full size in flickr to see the detail of your work. Great colour match, clean , minimal and fautless b/g. Good shadow on pot too, to give the 3D

Only minor crit is that it's leaning to the left isn't it , including the pot, and a bit of shine on the back rim. But crikey, I would be pleased as punch with that. (y)

Bugger, I noticed it was leaning slightly but forgot to correct in post!

In all honesty, and it's quite tiring, I hardly ever stop thinking about photography or taking photographs :)

sworks said:
Really like your interpretation of the themes (y)

Thanks.

pikestar said:
For me I prefer the first (metal) work shot. Your (metal) Work 4 shot is nice lovely color however until I saw the first metal shot I didn't realize the leaves were made of metal.

Thanks for the comments.

DTS said:
I think you need some relaxation therapy! chill out a little!

On the plus side i love your interpretations of themes, even if at first i find them difficult to work out!

A1 on work ethic pal! could do with borrowing some just lately :(

Photography is relaxation therapy...problem is, sometimes it doesn't relax me :)

cowboy said:
Really like the metal work ones.

You really put a lot of work into these challenges and the pictures are great.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
blondie606 said:
My god man...is there no stopping you :LOL:

Liking metal work plant..nice vibrant colors...a smidge on the squiff though......

Irn bru...fab , brill...great colors , lovely smoke trail...& very cleverly made.....all other crit has been posted so just a (y) from me

Thanks, Lynne. Imagine the photographs you'll be able to take when you're not working 60 hour weeks :)

Well, I've produced 2 Gluttony submissions today, but neither are to my liking so I'll try or something else.

On a plus side I have two chocolate cakes and some cream to eat :)

Cheers all.

I like the Iron Bru metal work, looks very tricky to do. Only spotted the cellotape after reading someone elses crit so it's not too obvious.

The blown fuse without the smoke is the better of the 2 but the Iron Bru is the one for me.

(y)

I like the Iron Bru metal work, looks very tricky to do. Only spotted the cellotape after reading someone elses crit so it's not too obvious.

The blown fuse without the smoke is the better of the 2 but the Iron Bru is the one for me.

(y)

Hi Andy :)

Work #1 - What ever it is, I'm really liking the ubber fine DoF and the detail, nice image :)
Work #2 - That's more like it, cracking idea, well made, set up and great colours (y)

Cheers, guys, appreciate the FB (y)

:bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk:

Not frustrated, much.

Spent hour and half on my Gluttony, uploaded to LR and noticed I forgot to reset ISO to 200...left it on 6400.

I never do this...been a long day.

Anyway, lesson learned. I'm going to have a look tomorrow night to see if I can work with any.

Cheers and g'night.

Awesome!

Just a perfect take on the theme. It's the 2nd for me... the bit of body in the background gives it a little more depth and pulls me in a bit more. The only tiny niggle would be the clipped top of head, but that's really looking for something to change.

The sacrifices we make for our art!

Got an actual laugh out of me did that first one. So wonderfully on theme. :puke:

that is funny, great take on the theme :clap:
only crit would be the cutting in of the black round your face, the line is a bit distinct

Bang on theme andy - have your ears been lost due to the wide angle of the lens?

And I'm with Chris about the (lack of) shirt :LOL:

That's just wrong Andy but so good at the same time :LOL:

My vote would go to #1, it fills the frame and your expression is just great too.
It shouts gluttony to me. I don't mind the clipping of the top of your head, the crop suits the subject. Good work Andy but still wrong :LOL:

Dont know whether to laugh or be scared :eek:
Prefer the closer crop as it shows less of the body. Please wear a shirt next time lol or at least give us some warning in advance. :)

Excellent take on the theme. Prefer the 2nd one. Almost quite sinister. (y)

Only crit would be, as said before the cutting in around the head, but i only noticed it because it was mentioned.

Mmmm - what to say.:thinking:

#1 fits the theme best for me because it looks more like a glutton with some form of food on his face. Also the contrast between the tones of the body and the face are less on this and thus less distracting. Presumably some form of PP to get the black b/g and this seems to have led to an odd shape around the temples/upeer cheeks.

Overall a very brave and unselfconscious shot to be commended.

Also (an aside) a very well shaven head/face.

Awesome!

Just a perfect take on the theme. It's the 2nd for me... the bit of body in the background gives it a little more depth and pulls me in a bit more. The only tiny niggle would be the clipped top of head, but that's really looking for something to change.

Cheers, didn't notice clipped head which is main easing for a close crop.

The sacrifices we make for our art!

Got an actual laugh out of me did that first one. So wonderfully on theme. :puke:

Made you laugh ;)

Sacrifice, indeed, and a very enjoyable one.

I'd rather you had a shirt on, I find it a tad disturbing! ;)

:)

that is funny, great take on the theme :clap:
only crit would be the cutting in of the black round your face, the line is a bit distinct

Yeah, not sure what happened with the cutting around my face.

Haha...another cracker mate. (y)

I take it that's marmite! :LOL:

Yeah, chocolate marmite :)

Bang on theme andy - have your ears been lost due to the wide angle of the lens?

And I'm with Chris about the (lack of) shirt :LOL:

Yeah, it was a 11mm and my face was almost touching the lens.

I had a green t shirt on but didn't like it. Couldn't go upstairs to get a white one as Jackie was asleep.

That's just wrong Andy but so good at the same time :LOL:

My vote would go to #1, it fills the frame and your expression is just great too.
It shouts gluttony to me. I don't mind the clipping of the top of your head, the crop suits the subject. Good work Andy but still wrong :LOL:

Wrong....how can chocolate be wrong, oh, I see what you mean :)

Cheers all..

Dont know whether to laugh or be scared :eek: Prefer the closer crop as it shows less of the body. Please wear a shirt next time lol or at least give us some warning in advance. :)

Lol, I have the body of a movie star.....all be it a hairy one :)

Excellent take on the theme. Prefer the 2nd one. Almost quite sinister. (y) Only crit would be, as said before the cutting in around the head, but i only noticed it because it was mentioned.

Sinister, that's what I was after. Don't think I for what I was really after, though.

Mmmm - what to say.:thinking: #1 fits the theme best for me because it looks more like a glutton with some form of food on his face. Also the contrast between the tones of the body and the face are less on this and thus less distracting. Presumably some form of PP to get the black b/g and this seems to have led to an odd shape around the temples/upeer cheeks. Overall a very brave and unselfconscious shot to be commended. Also (an aside) a very well shaven head/face.

I shaved for the thread ;) Unselfconscious indeed. I really don't care what I look like as long as I get the photograph I'm after.

Many thanks all.

Great take on theme, the face shouts gluttony, the 1st one for me just gives that more detail / more in your face. No crit from me :)

Holy ****** Andy, is it a plane? Is it a bird? No its Andy needing wet wipes lol. Makes me laugh!

That's an interesting and very original take on the subject with a really great effort mate. I prefer the second shot, it adds a bit more body and a better angle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back