weekly Susiejb 52 in 2015 Christmas ...and that's me finished for 2015

Love the colour in these, can't choose between the two. Atm 1 is my favourite, yet turn the 2nd horizontal with the whiter areas at the top and it changes it completely for me. Great idea and results.
Wow, these are actually quite stunning! Well done (y) I like #1 as there seems to be a bit more space around the main streaks/blobs which I quite like.

Thanks for looking in folks ...glad you like them :)

Great to see you back Susie :D Fantastic marbling shots to start off with - loving the colours in the first one, it puts me in mind of an ultra-abstract Picasso and the mono conversion of the last one really brings out the shapes and patterns :clap:

With 68 starters for the year, I don’t think any of us have a chance of commenting on every entry every week, but I hope to keep popping in to each thread at least once in a while. Good luck for the rest of the year.

Hi Elaine ... I really enjoy my weekly challenge, I would miss it too much if I didn't do it :) Glad you like my starters.

I agree about the comments, I'm trying to say hello to everyone this week but after that I shall just comment on random shots while it's so busy.

I was catching up on images and saw your first two and thought that looks like fun and it creates a great photo. The I saw your later additions and Wow! They are fantastic. I'm a sucker for mono so it's the second one for me. Great start (y)

Hi Susie, really spot on patterns its hard to pick one out of them so i wont
An excellent start to your 52

Time for a catch up and it's only week one ...eeek :runaway:

For some reason I've found BLISS difficult .... soooo I've sort of cheated as the weather has really been against me getting out with my camera. As a few may recall from last year nature and beauty figure very largely in my life, so I have taken a shot from last year, added a quote by Vincent van Gogh, and edited it to make it reflect my thoughts.

Bliss

16075634988_5abf4ebcb3_b.jpg

Last edited:
Great stuff Susie. Have to ask...have you ever looked at your first abstract on this post upside down. I turned it upside down and a real sci fi alien theme jumped out at me...appearing like 60s/70s Beatles-esque cartoon appearance...gives it a whole different life.

Not in any way am I saying it improves it, I just always make a habit of looking at abstract pieces from different angles.

Great shot (y)

Hi Susie, I wouldn't feel to bad about it being an old image there seems to be a lot of them about.
nice pinks and I like how it fades away, not to keen on the border, just a personal preference not a crit

Welcome back Susie ... so your planned BLISS pic from your long weekend away never materialised then? Nevermind, your archived pink flowery pic fits the bill.

Great stuff Susie. Have to ask...have you ever looked at your first abstract on this post upside down. I turned it upside down and a real sci fi alien theme jumped out at me...appearing like 60s/70s Beatles-esque cartoon appearance...gives it a whole different life.

Not in any way am I saying it improves it, I just always make a habit of looking at abstract pieces from different angles.

Great shot (y)

Hi Jimmy ...thank you for looking ... I did spin them all around and it was difficult to decide which way up ...I definitely with the red one had been the other way now, and you're right that one works too.

Hi Susie, I wouldn't feel to bad about it being an old image there seems to be a lot of them about.
nice pinks and I like how it fades away, not to keen on the border, just a personal preference not a crit

Hi Allan ... yes, I noticed a few oldies on here :) it wasn't by any means my first choice but I'm slightly paranoid about getting behind. I need to get into the swing of it again ...I think I've gone a bit rusty over the holidays !

Welcome back Susie ... so your planned BLISS pic from your long weekend away never materialised then? Nevermind, your archived pink flowery pic fits the bill.

Hi @d00d nooooo it's disappointing ...but there was just no opportunity to get anything together that I liked, so I had a browse through to see what fitted the bill. Holidays over for now and my visitors all gone so hopefully I can put some effort into this weeks.

Love the colours of the flowers. Well composed. Would make a lovely birthday card.

Hi, as said it is a dreamy and colourful submission.

Cheers.

Thanks for taking the time to pop in Andy ... it's very busy on the thread.

Love the colours of the flowers. Well composed. Would make a lovely birthday card.

Thank you for taking the time to look and comment Mandy, it's a macro of a Hydrangea bloom.

No complaints from me about you making use of an old shot Susie. You know I always love your flowers and this is no exception, spot on for the theme and I was even more impressed when I read that it's a hydrangea, knowing how small each individual flower is :clap:

Nice use of a shallow DOF (not sure whether it was in camera or in PP?). I'm not keen on the border but that said it does have a complimentary tone to it.

Hi Susie... that's a nice shot for bliss (and works in a couple of ways for you and your shooting the garden!)

I like the fact focus is on the buds, which does convey more softness/bliss for the petals themselves. It works really well, some lovely soft lighting and basically a very good image :)

No complaints from me about you making use of an old shot Susie. You know I always love your flowers and this is no exception, spot on for the theme and I was even more impressed when I read that it's a hydrangea, knowing how small each individual flower is :clap:

Thanks Elaine ... I do love being outdoors mooching around the garden with my camera :)

Hi Susie... that's a nice shot for bliss (and works in a couple of ways for you and your shooting the garden!)

I like the fact focus is on the buds, which does convey more softness/bliss for the petals themselves. It works really well, some lovely soft lighting and basically a very good image :)

Hi Paul ...thank you for looking in...it's very busy on here at the minute !

I had a wander down the beach today with my camera and got absolutely frozen, but wasn't too happy, so I ventured into the garden and found some tiny Campanula in flower.

Raindrop on a leaf...I used a 45/150 lens with a 250 Raynox.

Fragile ... Raindrops on a Campanula Stamen

15674128203_70d2ef8c23_b.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Susie,

Bliss - I love the softness and the colours, well done

Fragile - I think I prefer the water droplet on the campanula, amazing that you have that in flower in January! I'm not really seeing the caterpillar in the first shot, sorry :)

Hi Susie - totally love the 2nd one! Like the idea and also the colour :)

Hi Susie,

Bliss - I love the softness and the colours, well done

Fragile - I think I prefer the water droplet on the campanula, amazing that you have that in flower in January! I'm not really seeing the caterpillar in the first shot, sorry :)

Hi Lorraine ...thank you for looking :) I took the caterpillar off ....he looked fine on my desktop but much too dark on my ipad. I was surprised to see them flowering too, although Cornwall does escape the worst of the weather.

Would love to be able to get up close like that. Fab colour pallete.

Gaz

Back