weekly Susiejb 52 in 2015 Christmas ...and that's me finished for 2015

Hiya d00d :) glad you like my old Ted ...he might be worth a fortune one day !

absolutely priceless
open_arms.gif

60 years...you don't look a day over 50 :)

Wonderful textures, rich colours and I like the border. The inclusion of the My Red is a nice touch. Yeah, just the slight issue of the shadows on Ted's right leg.

Good show.

Cheers.

60 years...you don't look a day over 50 :)

Wonderful textures, rich colours and I like the border. The inclusion of the My Red is a nice touch. Yeah, just the slight issue of the shadows on Ted's right leg.

Good show.

Cheers.

:) thanks Andy ...I do seem to be getting into the habit of using a border, for some photos I think it adds that extra something. Much appreciate you hopping in !

Hi Susie

Love Ted...he looks well travelled , like the lighting , the bg & delicate frame(y) The shadow on the leg doesn't bother me but the angle of his head does........for me it would sit easier if he was looking to the right or if there was slightly more room on the left of the frame for him to look in to ?

Hi Susie
Love Ted...he looks well travelled , like the lighting , the bg & delicate frame(y) The shadow on the leg doesn't bother me but the angle of his head does........for me it would sit easier if he was looking to the right or if there was slightly more room on the left of the frame for him to look in to ?

Hi Lynne glad you like Ted :) yes I can see your point about the head ....I took a dozen or so shots with him posed slightly differently, I chose this one because I'd caught the glint of light in his eyes and I thought it brought him to life a little :oops: :$

Hi Susie, perfect subject for "companion" the picture I am not going to offer crit on as it says what it needs to :clap:

I brought this book for Janes birthday last year, it's very touching to read the little stories that go with each picture.
i used her bear Scruffy last year in the 52 although for the like of me I can't remember what for:thinking:

There could be no better companion I'm sure :)

Hi Susie, perfect subject for "companion" the picture I am not going to offer crit on as it says what it needs to :clap:

I brought this book for Janes birthday last year, it's very touching to read the little stories that go with each picture.
i used her bear Scruffy last year in the 52 although for the like of me I can't remember what for:thinking:

There could be no better companion I'm sure :)

Hi Allan @alsjazzera ...Thank you....I was pleased with how Ted came out in the photo...I think I've been a little complementary to him with the lighting :)

The book looks smashing ....what a lovely present to buy someone. I looked through the first few pages on Amazon and the first picture is a Peter Rabbit ... my grandaughter has one and loves him, he looks even worse than the one in the photo...she's at LSE now and has taken him with her, he has pride of place in her room. I wonder if he'll last as long as my Ted :)

Companions, I agree Susie,
a well worn teddy fits the theme very well,
nice lighting too (y)

I had one of those teddy's when I was a kid, I loved it to bits even though it looked very much like yours; made me quite nostalgic; good job.

Companions, I agree Susie,
a well worn teddy fits the theme very well,
nice lighting too (y)

Thank you for taking a look :) much appreciated.

I had one of those teddy's when I was a kid, I loved it to bits even though it looked very much like yours; made me quite nostalgic; good job.

I think time has taken it's toll on mine .... thanks for looking in Martin.

Awwe bless... thats a lovely shot Susie !!!

I'm liking the dark background and the detail of the fur/bears worn body, the colour of the text and border round it off nicely too (y)

Hi DK ...cute isn't he :) glad you like it.
:agree: Lovely shot with great lighting and love the colours :clap:

Thank you Jill much appreciate your comments :)

Last edited:
Funnily enough, I picked out a couple of lilies for this weeks theme, in the end I decided to go with Roses though. :)

Anyway, nicely done although the exposure could do with lifting a touch as the stamen are underexposed

I also like the "keep it simple" motto. The image does work but I would have preferred to see greater depth of field. Too much of the flower is out of focus and I think that it detracts from the end result. I do like the colour and I think that it is made to look even better by the blacked out background. Onwards!

Funnily enough, I picked out a couple of lilies for this weeks theme, in the end I decided to go with Roses though. :)

Anyway, nicely done although the exposure could do with lifting a touch as the stamen are underexposed

Thanks for taking the time to look Chris .....I did go out and take some snowdrops but I wasn't quite sure about them for the theme.

Lily fits the elegant theme to me. having studied the flower for a few minutes I too think I'd like to see more of the flower/ stamen in focus. Still a lovely image the black background suits it well

I also like the "keep it simple" motto. The image does work but I would have preferred to see greater depth of field. Too much of the flower is out of focus and I think that it detracts from the end result. I do like the colour and I think that it is made to look even better by the blacked out background. Onwards!

Thanks David I used a macro lens hence the shallow depth of field. I've spent quite a bit of time this week trying different ideas and decided to stop messing and go for this one. A couple of my other ideas are on my Flickr.

Thanks David I used a macro lens hence the shallow depth of field. I've spent quite a bit of time this week trying different ideas and decided to stop messing and go for this one. A couple of my other ideas are on my Flickr.
I will go and have a look. Experimentation is fun .. as long as you have the time and patience!

Where can I find your Flickr link?

Another simple but effective image Susie (y)
Though I would agree with @ChrisHeathcote
Maybe up the exposure a tad ?

Hey Susie! Not been around much so a little catchup is needed [emoji6]

Companions: such a warm, lovely capture. Lit beautifully and the frame really sets it off.

Elegant: another beautiful shot. I like the softer edges to the petals on the outer portions of the lily although I think maybe it could do with a little more light hitting the stamen top. Definitely elegant!

Nice one susie ... just looking at it on my laptop, it looks best when viewed from some odd angles. I like the pale green/yellow growth down in the centre where the light is.

Definitely elegant but I'd like a little more in focus and a slight lift in exposure on the stamens. Fab, crisp background shows it to full advantage (y)

A nice simple idea for elegant. I personally would like to see a tighter crop with more even lighting.

Thanks for looking in Stan, looking at it again I was sure I nipped a bit off the bottom ....maybe I forgot to save it !

Hey Susie! Not been around much so a little catchup is needed [emoji6]

Companions: such a warm, lovely capture. Lit beautifully and the frame really sets it off.

Elegant: another beautiful shot. I like the softer edges to the petals on the outer portions of the lily although I think maybe it could do with a little more light hitting the stamen top. Definitely elegant!

Hiya...thanks for looking and for the encouraging comments :)

I'm glad you like the lily ...because I do a lot of macro I suppose I'm used to the soft edges ...I like them too. Lighting ....yes ....I must try harder !

Nice one susie ... just looking at it on my laptop, it looks best when viewed from some odd angles. I like the pale green/yellow growth down in the centre where the light is.

Hi d00d ....not standing on your head I hope :eek: :) I focused on the centre because I thought that looked the most interesting. Lighting is a pain...when viewed on my ipad with the brightness up it looks fine, but it diminishes on other screens :(...I definitely need to add more.

Definitely elegant but I'd like a little more in focus and a slight lift in exposure on the stamens. Fab, crisp background shows it to full advantage (y)

Thanks for looking in Jill ....much appreciated ...I'd messed about so much with other ideas this one was a spur of the moment thing ... I should have taken a bit more time with it.

Elegant, lovely flower and I like the space you've left. Bit more lightning in parts, maybe.

Cheers.

Hi Andy ...I widened the border as it was a very close up macro ...glad you like it ...thanks for looking :)

Beautiful image, and excellent choice of bloom :)

I think as others have said, a bit brighter and a bit sharper would make a difference. My OCD would also like to see a horizontal flip to make it "read" better.

That said, I like your choice, although I'm going out on a limb to say I preferred the perfume bottle!

Back