• Yes - from the Apple App Store

Votes: 74 10.2%
  • Yes - from the Google Play Store

Votes: 79 10.9%
  • No

Votes: 571 78.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I never use it, stuff is always in the wrong place. I prefer the proper website.

given that the poll is currently at 81% to 19% in favour of those who don't use it, it's looking like its days are numbered. ;)

Unfortunately the app doesn't have a pop up at the top to ask for votes like the browser has so maybe app users aren't voting.

I use the app a lot and would miss it but I could survive using my phones browser.

Never used it, never will. I tend to use websites for all things. almost never use an app, no point really.

Never used it, never will. I tend to use websites for all things. almost never use an app, no point really.
I was under the impression that Apps are both harder to hack and also use far less bandwidth than your browser so if you are out and about and want to check what's going on on your phone..........but you are talking to someone who doesn't know that's 100% correct.I couldn't even figure out how to vote on the matter!

i quite like the app but find one of the things that doesnt seem to work is notifications?
unless i am missing something
i quite like the app
It went through a phase ( a few weeks at most?) when the notifications weren't working, but they all beavered away and solved it :) - well solved it for me anyway

I only use it when away from laptop,

Downloading it now...will report my opinion FWIW...

OK...having spent a whole 5-8 minutes on it I can report I really like it for being clean and uncluttered compared to the mobile site...

Yes, the app lacks some functionality as has also already been said...or does it really?

Probably simply packaged in a more millenial-friendly format...

I like them both and will use both...

But let me first up my annual average TPF time of 10 minutes before anyone takes me seriously.

Short version? Love the app but can live without it...

Last edited:
tried it a few times, but to be honest, I cannot remember the last time I opened it up.

No good to me as I do not have a smartphone just a PC................. (y)

Don't use it - browser on a computer or tablet for me.

Don't use Tapatalk either, or like it! :D

Due to a few reasons, I'm wondering whether the app is actually worth what we pay for it every month.
With the progression of devices and browsers, I'm not sure an app is actually needed any more.

I very very rarely use it now anyway.

Of course the poll might be skewed a little as you can't vote using the app :thinking:

I've used the app for a while but only started as the hand me down phone my daughter gave me was not good at rendering web pages. Times have moved on ans I have a much better phone now, but for a quick check of what is new the app still is easier to use on a smaller screen.

Last edited:
Mods - if the App is killed off - would you be open to opening up the forum to Tapatalk users?
I use TP on Tapatalk and have done so for several years. In fact, I rarely use anything but Tapatalk for accessing this site.

I use TP on Tapatalk and have done so for several years. In fact, I rarely use anything but Tapatalk for accessing this site.
Didn't realise it worked again on tapatalk, it stopped working years ago and I hadn't thought to check again.

Thanks!

@Marcel OK you have my permission to do away with the dedicated app [emoji16]

Mods - if the App is killed off - would you be open to opening up the forum to Tapatalk users?
That would be down to @Marcel to answer he holds the keys to the server.
I've no idea what the costs involved would be, if its free that's fine but if there is a cost, I guess it would be a no.
As there doesn't really seem to be much call for the app as it is.
But then I have no knowledge of such things ( apps that is )

It *shouldn't* be accessible within the Tapatalk app. I specifically told them not to. I have a number of data concerns about allowing that.
It's why we pay for a custom app.

It *shouldn't* be accessible within the Tapatalk app. I specifically told them not to. I have a number of data concerns about allowing that.
It's why we pay for a custom app.
But it certainly is accessable - i am using Tapatalk to access this right now.

I use the TP app whenever I'm away from my computer, so in the office or on the road generally. Having said that, the whole forum experience is easier on ht elaptop or desktop computers.

It is inatalled on both my iPhone and iPad and I don't really have a problem with viewing images on the smaller screens. If the app wasn't available I would probably not biew the forum on my phone but would just log in via a browser on the iPad. I definately wouldn't access the forum via Tapatalk.

Tried it once. As other members say, it is too clunky so I can’t be bothered with it and I have no reason to try it again.

Did not know there was one!!! However, I'm not keen on viewing photographs on a small screen so probably would not have used it anyway.

Howard

I like the app, but it’s not great at notifications so I tend to check in on safari for those. With app did handle them better but otherwise it’s a much better experience than Safari on iPhone

I use a browser on my desktop and laptops, and the excellent Tapatalk app (which I use to access several forums, not just TP) on my phone.

I wouldn't even consider downloading a separate app to read TP. Every business and forum seems to want me to download their own generic app these days, which I mostly refuse to do for security, efficiency and time reasons.

I only use my PC to log on really. I used the App a few times ages ago

Never used it. Didn't know there was one.

I prefer browser anyway.

Browser for me which works fine, I don’t want or need any alternative, particularly any reputedly ‘klunky’ alternative with a cost attached to it!

Just FYI, the pop up asking for feedback on the app only seems to appear in the Web version. So the sample for votes is likely skewed to non-app users.

Yes I use it, android btw, seems useful imo, sometimes upload some joke pics to the joke thread but rarely any of my photos.
Sometimes use the APP to browse the classifieds thou.

Back