WCMUT....what cheered me up today

There are lots of amusing made for online such videos and yes they do make me smile.

However this one shows dogs that have had cosmetic surgery to their ears :(
IMO any surgical intervention that is nothing to do with the health & wellbeing of the dog is just wrong !

There are lots of amusing made for online such videos and yes they do make me smile.

However this one shows dogs that have had cosmetic surgery to their ears :(
IMO any surgical intervention that is nothing to do with the health & wellbeing of the dog is just wrong !

The lead dog? If so I didn't even notice but yes cosmetic surgery to ears is wrong.

Happy chappie, got a new toy on Friday, being playing with it this morning, worked a number of different countries already :giggle:

Attachments

• IMG_1847.jpg
    IMG_1847.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 17
Very nice - they've come on a long way since my B40, R107 and assorted homebuilt transmitters. ;)

Very nice - they've come on a long way since my B40, R107 and assorted homebuilt transmitters. ;)

The audi quality on this thing is amazing, the digital noise reduction makes 40m SSB sound like broadcast quality.

Reactions: Sky
Well... if that's the case I'm going to assume that the owner didn't do it and that the dogs are now happy in a loving and abuse free home :D
Cropped ears is a process in which the ears of certain breeds are transformed to look alert and erect. The process can only be done by a licensed veterinarian and only if the owner is dedicated to the pet’s post-op with any aftercare that is needed. Dog ear cropping is usually done whenever the pup is 8 to 10 weeks old.

This procedure is always performed with general anesthesia. Both ears have many nerve endings. Meaning if there were no anesthesia the dog would be in extreme pain. The cropping is done by removing about two-thirds of the pinna, also known as the floppy part of the ears.

Historically, ear cropping was also performed on some working dogs to help decrease any health complications; mainly ear infections and hematomas.

It is of course illegal in the UK, but can be done abroad and the pups shipped to the UK

The weather been pretty crappie in this area for a while so not that, but just to get out and about for a while we headed off to Ullswater for a bit of a walk we managed a short walk without getting too wet, so that was nice but what really cheered me up was stopping at the Rheged centre just outside Penrith on the way back the coffee and cake was welcomed but WCMUT was the 40 Farms exhibition some fantastic photographs, highly recommended if you're in the area.

Finding an unopened and forgotten box of Lindt chocolates stuffed in a cupboard. It doesn't take much to cheer me up!

Finding a few grand in a savings account I had forgotten about.

A couple of years I set up a regular saver account. When it matured after a year the total was paid into out current account.

I then did the same again but somehow didn't opt for the matured amount to be transferred to the current account and I forgot all about it.

It isn't a huge amount but still a very nice surprise.

Dave

Stayed on my feet on the course today (failed spectacularly on Tuesday - ground dented; me unhurt!).

Finding an unopened and forgotten box of Lindt chocolates stuffed in a cupboard. It doesn't take much to cheer me up!
Lindt chocolate. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm! I told a friend that they had never had chocolate until they had eaten Lindt. She described it later as "Orgasmic!" You have been warned!

We have one Lindor ball each at bed-time. Makes portion control much easier than a bar!

T20 result!

More a chuckle, really.
I've been looking for a new, replacement sound bar, one advert of Amazon, clearly states "Easy install" (aren't they all?)
It then goes on to say, set up fee £75 :D

What cheered me last night though was just simply editing photos and listening to music
Since getting DXO photolab (deep prime raw processing) and Affinity photo I’ve been going back and re-editing photos

Spending half an hour sitting in a car park, waiting for SWMBO, watching people attempting to park between lines. Most entertaining! The best one had several attempts and then parked perfectly between the lines. All three of them! (No pics as too embarassing!)

WCMUT? and most days
The adverts that end with "Always keep away from children"
Its not often I take adverts at face value, but I'm always happy to comply with that :D

Quitting my part time job..... Turned up for work this morning and the van was nowhere to be seen. Boss says "You'll have to deliver them in your car today".

Err no I won't. For a start I'm not insured to make deliveries, and secondly, my car is that, my car, not a delivery van. He's now looking for a new driver...

4 weeks later, finally the male corn snake finally ate, after shedding its skin.

He's a bit of a slow shedder, the female is done and dusted in 2-3 weeks.
(Pretty normal)

Quitting my part time job..... Turned up for work this morning and the van was nowhere to be seen. Boss says "You'll have to deliver them in your car today".

Err no I won't. For a start I'm not insured to make deliveries, and secondly, my car is that, my car, not a delivery van. He's now looking for a new driver...
Got to love that, my boss, who to be fair is not an PITA often comes up with could some one just put it in thier car - erm no they cant, they dont have business use insurance and if you want us to make deliveries 5/7 days a week supply us with the tool to do so.

Heard the very sad news about the Germans going home empty handed! :rolleyes:
;):exit:

Heard the very sad news about the Germans going home empty handed! :rolleyes:
;):exit:

I wonder how much the Japan goal decision cost the Qataris (please note the spelling!)

Found a fix on youtube for display fault on our Honeywell CM927 wireless thermostat, take it apart and hold screen/card over toaster for few minutes. Save £135, so with man logic can go and spend that on something I don’t need but want. :)

Finally got around to deactivating my Next Door account. If you thought Facebook was bad....

As in it took you ages or that you chose to just do so?

I had unsubscribed/turned off notifications ages ago and deleted the app. surprised yesterday to recieve an email notification. Have deactivated the account today but seems you can still log in and then reactivate it.

Back