15ins. of snow here!!...now 18ins.!! now 21ins!!..was 24ins!!

we had 2 few minute flurries here, didn't settle by the sea but did a bit further inland only about a cm deep in the garden

Still nowt in the way of white and fluffy but the bird bath is frozen over (cat no like that - it's her preferred drinking spot...) and the water butt has a couple of inches of ice on it.

TBH, I don't really want snow - it makes getting anywhere a PITA and it's cold enough as it is!

Got to take reindeer to Norfolk tomorrow not looking good, :thumbsdown: what a poor excuse can't get reindeer there because of snow :LOL: :LOL: :D

London Sunday,

Staffs on Monday

Wales for the week end, next week end :thumbsdown:

Would these be your reindeer? Taken in Wigan 2008. Sorry not much of a photo but the only one that has, I assume, one of the owners in it.

Wigan-Xmas-Parade_0467.jpg

Still nowt in the way of white and fluffy but the bird bath is frozen over (cat no like that - it's her preferred drinking spot...) and the water butt has a couple of inches of ice on it.

TBH, I don't really want snow - it makes getting anywhere a PITA and it's cold enough as it is!

dog bucket froze from the outside in, almost all the way too but no further snow

Another snow warning for Southampton Airport.
Valid 0300 tomorrow morning until 1500 tomorrow afternoon.
Although they haven't been that accurate yet!!!

Getting very dark and cloudy here as we speak...........

neil as you probably well know, eastleigh has its own little micro climate. I live in sholing and when it snowwed at the begining of the year it was thick at home, but when I got into work at Hovis there was barely anything there!!! This then means we always have to work because the boss looks out the window and says naaah, its fine!!!! grrrrrrrrrr

Woohoo, my prayers have been answered. Around 18" here at the moment, still coming down.

No issues getting to work this morning either, jumped in the Jeep and the took off, only one that made it. :LOL:

Had 30 minutes of drifting fun down an industrial estate car park too. I love this weather!

snow.jpg

The wifes plastic covered greenhouse roof has just collapsed under the weight of the snow, The metal framework for the roof is bent outta shape.I said to her a few weeks ago I'll take the plastic off for the winter and store it in the shed...Nah! it'll be alright she insisted:LOL: now the whole thing is ruined....Women know best eh ? :D

It has started snowing again here, or rather trying to. It's a pretty pathetic effort at the moment but it might get worse later... Still loads of frozen slush on the ground so fun and games for the cars & side roads...

Yesterday morning was quite a weather phenomenon here - huge thunder and lightning for two hours while it snowed all through.... amazing light/snow show. Not good being up at 5.30am on a Sunday morning though! :D

Some daftie has even started a Facebook page about it... :shrug:

Just got into parkway Nice bit of cloud cover forming I see

I really thought we were going to get it today.
I'm secretly pleased we didn't. The airport turns into a living NIGHTMARE when it snows!!

Although the 0300 warning seems to be getting more serious......

Woo hooo It's thawing out there, not enough to make much of a dent but welcome all the same, takes that sharp bite out of the air:)

That's amazing how much like Adrian's street yours is, Ed.... ;)

Even more snow fell:)
mini-IMG_0005-2-1.jpg

IMG_0004-2.jpg

We've finally got some.
About 3" this morning, but chanced the commute in the car as it was all starting to melt.
It's coming down again now though. :eek:/

Still nothing on the ground here in Exeter but there do seem to be a few crystals in the air. If it does settle, I hope it's only for an hour or 2.

The slight thaw I experienced yesterday has been cancelled:(

I'm suffering from cabin fever now - haven't been out since Sunday, and just went out to try and dig one of the cars out. No chance whatsoever.

Walked to the nearest two shops - no bread, no milk, no nothing unless you are partial to pot noodles, rennies or tampons.

And now it's snowing heavily again.... :nuts:

Just watched a blonde who left her car in the middle of the street in our cul de sac last night effectively making things very difficult for drivers trying to get past her, This morning she is trying to get out and wondering why no-one is offering any assistance, funny part was her putting a blanket under a rear wheel...car is a front wheel drive LOL

Just watched a blonde who left her car in the middle of the street .............., funny part was her putting a blanket under a rear wheel...car is a front wheel drive LOL

"CAUTION"....blonde thinking...............................:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Back