2014 Photo52 Challenge : Week 52 : Support

Merry Christmas to you all! I sincerely hope that you are all having a fantastic day and it will continue as such into the New Year and beyond :).

With regards to the 2015 challenge, after much thought I've decided that I cannot commit the time required to complete it. I have neglected some studies this year and hope this decision will help to keep me focused and on track. It is with real regret I must say as I did already commit my name to the spreadsheet for 2015, so kind of feel like I've dropped out :(. Thank you to all for your support over the last year, I really do appreciate it.

@ Dark Knight , sorry for meshing up your spread sheet

Last edited:
Well... I don't know Jason, good mind to put you with Cobra :bat:

Seriously, better to make the decision now, certainly not letting anybody down, rather than feel pressurised each week, I'll miss your PS skills in the 52 section, hope to see them around and about other sections (y)

@ Dark Knight , sorry for meshing up your spread sheet

Meshing?? Can you slur typed words after too much Xmas cheer?? :LOL:

Hard decision to make isn't it Jason.. But as dean says, better to make it now. :)

Seasons greetings everyone.

Well, I have an idea for Support and I've taken a photograph for the the TP52 2015 taster.

I have to say, it's still very exciting :)

Cheers all.

Week 51 Extravagant now posted and I have a couple of ideas for Support which I will attend to soon

I have been pondering whether to do the 2015 Challenge for a few weeks, generally with a view not to do it. I feel that my photography has improved somewhat with the weekly pressure to come up with something to order, as it were, and any improvement has had a lot to do with the helpful, constructive and always good humoured comments that I have received from fellow 52ers. However I feel the need to do some form of work related to other interests not imposed from the outside, with nothing particular in mind yet, although I would like to improve my PP skills.

Having seen the threads of people joining up with enthusiasm for next year I must admit to second thoughts, but I am going to stick with my decision to drop out. If I commit to it again I would feel obliged to see it through. Maybe it will be a sabbatical, maybe I will have withdrawal symptoms – who knows – but if the pull gets too much I can always rejoin.

This has been my third completed year and I am in awe of the very few of you who have signed up for the fifth year in a row and a big pat on the back for that. I am sure that I will miss the camaraderie in this virtual world that we have inhabited but I will try to pop back and see how you are all going on. I have created a few ‘follow’ (stalker:eek:) threads on Flickr so that I do not lose touch.

And anyway, I knew that the writing was on the wall when my green logo line on the spreadsheet was reallocated.:LOL:

Thanks to all of you who have taken the trouble to comment on my shots. It has been a pleasure speaking with you. I am sure that we will chat again.

:beer:

:exit:

Will be a real shame to see you go Alan :(

As with all that have managed to complete a year, your dedication and input over the 3 years has been invaluable, hopefully catch you about the forum elsewhere, if not I'll pencil your spot in for 2016's 52... you WILL be back :D

Will be a real shame to see you go Alan :(

As with all that have managed to complete a year, your dedication and input over the 3 years has been invaluable, hopefully catch you about the forum elsewhere, if not I'll pencil your spot in for 2016's 52... you WILL be back :D

Cheers DK. It's comments like that that have kept me going.(y)

You have done a sterling job on the spreadsheet - I would venture to suggest that it has got better each year as well.
I don't know how you find the time with the busy job and life that you have - but it keeps you young no doubt. :banana:

Cheers DK. It's comments like that that have kept me going.(y)

You have done a sterling job on the spreadsheet - I would venture to suggest that it has got better each year as well.
I don't know how you find the time with the busy job and life that you have - but it keeps you young no doubt. :banana:
Cheers too mate (y)

I do try to improve it each year, I really enjoy doing it, this years may be information overload :D

Well, just finished my submissions for this year's 52. Sorry I've been absent from commenting on all your photos recently, my mind has been elsewhere.

Thank you everyone for your encouragement and critique (+ and -) - I think it has improved me no end.

I will be concentrating on a different hobby in 2015, but will probably pop in to 2015's 52 to see what's going on from time to time - it's a great part of the forum and I have loved it.

Hope you all had a great Christmas and may I wish you all Happy New Year for 2 hours' time!

Blessings,
Simon

Grateful thanks to Sarah for presenting us with some awesome challenges in 2014, to Dark Knight for keeping the records (please don't forget to add my Balloon entry on your spread sheet), to all who commented on everyones' submissions and to all contributors who provided much enjoyment and food for thought. Best wishes and good photography in 2015
Andrew:ty:

Back