weekly 2015 52's by Summer - week 25 silhouette

thanks guys, especially Iain :)

getting so far behind it ain't funny, so gonna squeeze in another oldie for this week

my first grandchild at 5 days old. She's almost 10 months now and I gave up one day a week at work so I can look after her for my daughter, she's such a poppet

Mouth:

Dylis May, yawning
by moominmama, on Flickr

Almost on a par with mine Summer :D , now if she only had teeth ... :D

Well captured (y)

oh she has teeth now and she knows how to use em lol, (ouch)

Mouth shot is definitely on theme. (y)

And I missed your pair of Bold shots ... both good.

Last edited:
Hey Summer..... Sorry for not dropping by sooner - still, I'm only 10 weeks behind![emoji23]
Really love some of the shots in your thread. The watery one is great, love the reflections and colour. The B&W portrait for bold is full of feeling - like it a lot.
Mouth: just....awwww. Babies and dogs are easily the best subjects in my mind!

thanks guys, today we found two new teeth ha ha might have to get a more up-to-date gob shot :)

Sorry for missing a few of late.

Bold: Amazingly bold hair and very bold to get it cut like that for charity. Great shot and perfect for the theme :)
Relax: Nice mono shot that works well with the theme. Great expression :D
Mouth: What a cutie. Spot on (y)

Hey Summer :)

Elegant - Of the two shots I'm preferring the second as the text is the correct way around, liking the black backgrounds and reflections in both though :)

Watery - Love this image despite it being old, has fantastic colours and really like the reflections too, quite handy it gets flooded (y)

Bold - Again I love this image, fantastic hair colour and a pleasing shot all round, I certainly concur that shaving it all off is doubly bold, brave girl :clap:

Relax - A very pleasing self portrait Summer although you look far from relaxed yourself, there sure is some concentration going on there :D

Mouth - Aweeee bless, I was wondering if that was a yawn or a scream, either way a good choice for the theme again :)

thanks guys, am off to new york in a week so I might, maybe, somehow will get a vertical shot lol

catching up so here are some from NYC :)

week 9 - Vertical.

For vertical I wanted to do one looking down from a height. I was originally going to do one from a kite but instead I got this one of St Patrick's Cathedral taken from the Top of the Rock (Rockefeller Centre). I had to hold the camera above my head to take it so not too bad I think :) The cathedral looks very small amongst all the skyscrapers.

week 9 vertical
by moominmama, on Flickr

week 11 - crowd

now I thought getting a crowd in NYC would be easy, but not in March it seems :) this is a small crowd gathered around the WTC memorial. I like the way the people are all thoughtful and contemplative. No happy smiles at this place (and rightly so, it is a very sobering place).

week 11 crowd
by moominmama, on Flickr

week 12 - close up

another from the top of the rock - how to see things close up - and also a closeup :)

week 12 close up
by moominmama, on Flickr

thanks Tim - the body of the machine is blue :)

Hi, Vertical, what a cracking vista. Pity you couldn't have got a little higher to avoid the lower barrier thing.

Crown, I like this one, for want of a better phrase. The contemplative looks, the reflection in the water, and the top and bottom border produce a good submission.

Macine, funky bues in there. I'd prefer it a little closer.

Cheers.

Hi Andy - thanks for your comments :)

I go many places where I wish I had a ladder lol, 5'2" doesn't really cut it - however my old man is 6' tall and even he couldn't have avoided the barrier :( which is why I took the picture 'blind' with the camera held at arms length. Plus the barrier is at the other side of the glass so I couldn't adjust the 'angle of point' :p

Last edited:
-Crowd- not keen on the colour,might be better in black and white! where was it taken?
-Vertical- great view, would agree abit more height needed to try get rid of the wall/barrier at bottom of shot
-Close up- i tried looking for one of them things for the same idea! great idea
-Machine- very "sharp" shot

Hi Summer

Good set of catch up shots....Machine is the stand out one for me, electric blue really pops (y)

Crowd...your choice of pp suits the feel of the image , even without reading your words I knew it was the 7/11 site.....super shot (y)

Vertical......considering you held the camera above your head it's turned out extremely well...almost get dizzy looking at it :)

Nice images Summer.

Vertical ... amazing looking down on the cathedral like that. But yes, shame about the FG in the way.

Crowd ... nice POV and use of cinemascope.

Close Up ... love it! Thought it was Machine at first. It's the sort of pic I like to take to remind me of the different little things in different big cities.

Machine ... nice.

yup Andy - you can see the reflection. Have to say though that the reflections from the glass were no where near as bad as those up the Shard.

Thanks for your comments David, like you I also love photos of the 'little things' when I go away :) I have pics of rubbish bins, traffic lights, road signs, telephone boxes etc :D

Also thank-you Lynne and Snooky - special thank-you to Lynne who appreciated my short-person difficulties :D

Snooky the crowd shot was at the 9/11 memorial - I have written a little explanation just above the pic posts :) It's not B&W because as David says I used cinemascope tuning :p

Hi Summer ....that's a brilliant catch up there, I love vertical...it's definitely a shot to send you dizzy but I love it. I like the colour choice for crowd, I think it reflects the sombre mood well. Super choice for close up too ...both the idea and the shot. As for machine ...great minds think alike :)

thanks Susie, I had the idea for the machine before I went away then I forgot about it until I got home :) I would rather have used a blurred movement shot of a traction engine or something but I don't know anyone who has such a thing :(

wow summer - love the vertical one (so high up!) Crowd great too. Close up - love the 'face' effect! and the sewing machine is perfect for the theme.

Hi Summer - nice catch up :)

close up - great choice of subject and nicely shot

vertical - love this, the barrier is a bit distracting, but given the limitations it's understandable

crowd - good pov and I really like the lead in

machine - good shot - and very sharp - it could have worked as close up too

:clap:

thanks Lorraine :)

wow summer - love the vertical one (so high up!) Crowd great too. Close up - love the 'face' effect! and the sewing machine is perfect for the theme.

thanks Mitch :)

Thats an interestsing "reverse " Vertical Summer (y)
Loads of detail in both close up and machine too. (y)

thanks Chris, I have an old pair of white 6" platform boots somewhere. I often think I should wear them all the time :p the world is so much better when you can reach things...

okay, so I didn't want to do 'our' alphabet, not when I dutifully learned the Cyrillic and Greek alphabets for various reasons (I even know the sign language alphabet). But time and opportunity are ever my nemesis and so I did a bit of a cop-out and just wrote some stuff on a piece of paper. It was fairly boring so I thought I'd have a go at tarting it up :)

May I present to you the Greek alphabet as learned by me in the hardest way possible - by doing a physics degree! So when I say it was all Greek to me, well...

week 14 alphabet
by moominmama, on Flickr

Last edited:
Interesting take on the theme Summer (y)

As an aside I also know the "sign alphabet" now why didn't I think of that, could have had some real fun there :D

I always try to be different :banana:. btw we need minion smilies :geek:

Certainly an interesting take Summer, I like it. It did take me a minute or so to realise you have added a page turn in pp.

and a layer :) I just found this trick, will be using it again I think :)

Schroedinger's, one of my favourite subjects that I never fully understand despite years of studying maths. Good interpretation, I like it.

Yes, good interpretation, and well done with the page turn-up. :clap:

Back