Daily 365... why not

I think I might get about 5 more shots out of these 2 films, I'll see. I might stick a couple of failures in to show what I was trying to get too! Sure it will fill up all those days I'm missing now!! (I'm still about 25 - 30 days behind after I'm done with these rolls... WOW... :eek:)

Oh, an excellent catch up, I particularly like the light on the first lot of leaves and the colours.

I'm loving all the noise and texture in them too - starting to think that I might quite like to have a go at film - they look more alive somehow.

Thank you!

Oh wow i am loving film! i want a go!..... agree with Sarah the light in the leaves is lush and the noise and texture... woohoo uber sexy!....:love:

Thank you! Film is so addictive once you start!

Great catchup Conor :) Love the leaves shots :clap: and the letterbox :D

I was very happy with the shots of the leaves

Conor thats the problem with film - always waiting for it to come back but I think thats part of the fun too! I really like Day 33 just so perfectly Autumnal -I will keep an eye out fo the rest :)

And I've hit that problem yet again!

Wonderful, in the digital age there appears an obsession with grain and not having it but that just looks so good, love the leaves :D and the post box is wonderful :clap:

Completely agree. I see grain on film and just think it's epic!

I like your street work but I love the light on those leaves!

Thank you! Yeah, I quite like how the leaves came out

Where are you Conor.... You are NOT allowed to escape!!!!:D

Where am I? ...

What T said! Where are you?! Waiting on more film?

That's where I am! I was waiting an absolute age for those last 2 films to come back. Anyway, I'll get more shots up later today.

Thank you all for your patience :)

Ok, the first film doesn't really have anything else worthwhile. So on to the next. Which was medium format shot on a Bronica ETRS

(Obviously some of the very green shots are old ones that were on the medium format film from ages ago, but what the heck!)

46/365 - Walks by karmagarda, on Flickr

I might stop using flickr. They seem to have added a sharpen function I detest.

Last edited:
Am really liking these film shots, I might just have to steal rehome my Dad's old Canons next time I go home :D

Am very much liking The Window and the Herb shot.

#38 is really cool! Love double exposures. 42 is gorgeous, too. Actually, I love them all! Film just does something for me :D

Some really interesting shots in your thread. Modern conversation stands out for me and I also like the window/ornament shot. (y)

Am really liking these film shots, I might just have to steal rehome my Dad's old Canons next time I go home :D

Am very much liking The Window and the Herb shot.

You do that! Film is just epic and addictive. I find it easier because digital can sometimes almost feel so "throwaway" in comparison. Not sure why.

Some really nice rugged life shots in your photography, like your work very much Conor:)

Thank you!

Liking the last texting shot & good luck using the film. I have to admit that I couldn't go back to it though.

#38 is really cool! Love double exposures. 42 is gorgeous, too. Actually, I love them all! Film just does something for me :D

Same here. Film just has a living feel to it. I even like my crap shots that are taken on film! Most of em would have been just binned if they were digital.

Some really interesting shots in your thread. Modern conversation stands out for me and I also like the window/ornament shot. (y)

Thank you! Those 2 are also my favourites of the bunch. :)

Excellent to see you back, although why it's took me a few days to find you is beyond me...

The first few... ( i'm useless once i click on the comment box and remembering numbers or titles but 38-41 possibly...... the processing and tones are just gorgeous!

Herb and window shot... love them too and modern conversation is ace, glad you got permission... very natural shot and the title is so 'today'

i need to find me a film camera... i want a go!! lol

love the film shots Conor :clap:

Excellent to see you back, although why it's took me a few days to find you is beyond me...

The first few... ( i'm useless once i click on the comment box and remembering numbers or titles but 38-41 possibly...... the processing and tones are just gorgeous!

Herb and window shot... love them too and modern conversation is ace, glad you got permission... very natural shot and the title is so 'today'

i need to find me a film camera... i want a go!! lol

Thank you! I think the better shots were taken on my new FE2 using Kodak Ektar 100. Really nice colours on that film.

love the film shots Conor :clap:

Thank you!

Now, I've just realised I haven't sent off my latest film yet so I better start filling in gaps here with some shots! Another incoming...

I experiment in a lot of things, not just photography. One of these things is food. I'm not a great cook, but I'm not bad either. I'd consider myself more of an experimenter than a chef though!

One of the things I quite like is a challenge and my latest one was inspired by a comment a friend of mine made who loves breakfast and dinner, but finds lunch rather boring. Now, I know the reason for this, the most popular lunch in both the UK and Ireland is the beloved sandwich/sarnie! And yes, eating a sarnie everyday can get rather boring. So lately, due to working from home quite a bit, I have started to create loads of different lunches each day.

So, today I look in the fridge and what do I see. Left over mashed potatoes that were a couple of days old, and left over roast potatoes from yesterday Being Irish we have a habit of cooking potatoes with everything... but I don't care, I love em! And you can get so inventive with them outside of mash/boil/roast/bake. Here's what I did:

1. Sliced the roast potatoes and put into a "lasagne" size baking dish.
2. Added some roughly torn salami to the potatoes.
3. Beat an egg with a splash of milk
4. Added some salt, pepper and some chopped garlic to the egg mixture
5. Threw the egg mixture over the potatoes and salami.
6. Stuck it in the oven for about 15 minutes at 200.

I would bet this one works better with cream than milk, but today I didn't have any.

Next, what will I do with mashed potatoes... how about potato pancakes! I just love these. They're like a midway point between regular "drop-scone" pancakes and potato farls. Here's what you do:

If you have freshly mashed potatoes you should be able to skip milk. If not you may need to moisten them a bit with milk. For this recipe I required milk because they were over a day old. I had about the equivalent of 3 cups of mashed potato :

1. Add maybe a quarter of cup to the mashed potatoes and try mix them until somewhat smooth
2. Add about a quarter cup of flour (I didn't measure, just threw in what I felt was necessary)
3. Add an egg, some salt, and a small dash of pepper.
4. Mix until you get a kind of sloppy dough. (Some people recommend a drier dough, but it never works out as well for me).
5. This should make about 4 nice sized pancakes.
6. Fry on a pan until nice and brown (not a little burnt like in my photo! :LOL:)

Finally, throw the lot on a plate and eat like a king. Yum!

51/365 by karmagarda, on Flickr

Last edited:
nice recipe as well Conor :) and it looks as tasty as it sounds :)

Some great shots - love the station one.

But I've not had any lunch, and after reading your recipes I'm starving! They both sound yummy! (I love anything with potato in it too!)

52 is amazing :clap:
and love the latte art - and you might just get away with it as a rose :)

Some great shots - love the station one.

But I've not had any lunch, and after reading your recipes I'm starving! They both sound yummy! (I love anything with potato in it too!)

Thank you! And yeah, you can't beat potatoes!

Love the shot from Kings Cross station.

Thank you!

52 is amazing :clap:
and love the latte art - and you might just get away with it as a rose :)

Thank you! I'm practicing the Latte Art quite a bit, but it's very very hit and miss if I'm honest! I'm claiming far too many "rugby balls" these days... ahem... :LOL:

Continuing on the food theme, another quick iPhone lunch shot. This time I fancied a pasta lunch. I find these so easy to throw together. Today my cooking consisted of this:

1. Boil some pasta
2. Steam some broccoli (I just stuck it on top of the simmering pasta for 10/11 minutes)
3. Fry some bacon and then cut it up
4. Mix all of the above together with some Red Pesto and Parmesan.
5. I usually give it a tiny blast of heat to get the cheese melted and mixed through the pesto.

Eat like a king!

54/365 - Pasta! by karmagarda, on Flickr

Yum.

Last edited:
Back