52 From Baloo 23.

Yes, I have many images, I too must sort them one day...and then again, maybe not.

I have a few pictures of the Liskeard/Looe 'canal', and of the railway down there. I cycle south of Liskeard quite a lot as it is so quiet, always seems to be out of the wind for some reason -- perhaps just a coincidence.
I must admit I never knew the Canal existed until I googled Canals around Liskeard!
Couldn’t be more on theme if it tried, nice idea.
Thank you Alan it was just pot luck that the first slide box I opened had a Canal shot in it.
Really like transparent - the orignal shot of the narrowboats in the locks is a lovely image... looks very 70s... and showing it through the slide viewer was a great idea for the theme.

And artificial is a great B&W shot. leading line of the river, nicely framed by the bridge. Good detail and contrast throughout, even with the bright sky.
Thanks for the kind comments.
Love what you've done there Roger, and I like the subject matter too.
Always loved canal holidays.
So did I until I fell off a boat and had my first heart attack!
A great idea for the shot and quite captivating.
Thank you Helen, photography in the 80s was alot simpler in some ways.

Nice light on the foreground rocks and then movement in the water.

You have picked a perfect time of day for that shot lovely colour

Yep. Lovely smooth colours in the sky, contrasting with the sharp rocks in the foreground.

That's great - love the foreground rocks!

Nice warm glow Roger, but it looks windy.

Pete

Nice light on the foreground rocks and then movement in the water.

You have picked a perfect time of day for that shot lovely colour

Yep. Lovely smooth colours in the sky, contrasting with the sharp rocks in the foreground.

That is a beauty of a shot Roger, cracking colours and light plus having the rocks in view really make it a cracker.

Thanks folks, it was worth getting up early to get the shot, still needed a 7 stop ND filter to get the shutter speed down to smooth out the water, I was really surprised how much light there was before the sun appeared. I do not usually do sunrise/sunset shots but wanted one for a canvas to go on my bedroom wall. Look at the different colours within 20 mins when the sun peeped up above the horizon. Still cannot make up my mind which one I prefer.
Sunrise Looe by R Hillman, on Flickr

Week 6 Knob.
Knob-1.jpg

Yeah, nicely set up, like the reflection in the surface and appropriate processing for the subject

Week 7 Letters.

Letters.-2.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting take on the theme took me a while to figure out but that’s a good thing

Interesting take on the theme took me a while to figure out but that’s a good thing
Wanted to leave just enough of the letters to show, was actually a pig of a shot to get!

Likewise - took a moment, but got there! Good capture.

I can see the work that’s gone into getting this shot, love the glow and the rising smoke.

Good detail in the ash - hint of glow, and the slight rising smoke too.

Knob.. nicely processed and works well for the subject.
Letters - I can almost smell that!

Some burnt fingers getting the shot? Definitely fills the bill.

A well taken shot.
You've caught it at the right time. I like the blueish trail of "smoke" wafting upwards.

Likewise - took a moment, but got there! Good capture.
Thanks Simon
I can see the work that’s gone into getting this shot, love the glow and the rising smoke.
Cheers Alan
Good detail in the ash - hint of glow, and the slight rising smoke too.
Thank You
Knob.. nicely processed and works well for the subject.
Letters - I can almost smell that!
Thanks Helen
Some burnt fingers getting the shot? Definitely fills the bill.
Thanks difficult to hold the cigarette still with left hand and take picture with right.
A well taken shot.
You've caught it at the right time. I like the blueish trail of "smoke" wafting upwards.
Thank you Pete.

Week 8 Kitchen
Kitchen-1-2.jpg

Last edited:
Love it, thats a really nice image. The way you've used the light from above and the negative space really works well. The subject is very nice too. Great job.

Lovely colour in the yolk, just needs a few toast soldiers to go with it.

Very good Roger one minor crit is the line that runs horizontally in the BG through the egg, I can just see it I‘m not sure if it’s meant to be there

Not baaaaad! Eggscellent even! ;)

That's such a good shot.. lovely light and colour. And a cute subject!

Love it, thats a really nice image. The way you've used the light from above and the negative space really works well. The subject is very nice too. Great job.

Lovely colour in the yolk, just needs a few toast soldiers to go with it.

Very good Roger one minor crit is the line that runs horizontally in the BG through the egg, I can just see it I‘m not sure if it’s meant to be there

Nice image and beautifully lit!

Not baaaaad! Eggscellent even! ;)

What a great shot for kitchen Roger, really do like it.

That's such a good shot.. lovely light and colour. And a cute subject!
Thanks folks for visiting and your kind comments, as Alan pointed out I should of taken out the grouting lines. It was 0430 in the morning is my only excuse!.

I hope the sheep got out of the way! Nice pic :)

That must of been some gust of wind to split that, nice shot Roger.
I think it happened about four months back, as you say hell of a storm.
I hope the sheep got out of the way! Nice pic :)
Sheep are the dumbest animals in the world!

Full disclosure I was not happy with the image I originally posted so having been playing about with it all day, am finally happy!

Good for you to revisit the editing(?) till you were happy. I sometimes sit on a shot for a while, before I decide if I think it's ok or not!

What was the fix for this (warming the WB and saturation)?

Good result anyway - well done for not clipping any of the branches at the edge of frame! :D

That's very broken. Nicely composed, especially getting the sheep in there too.

Back