52 from Dark Star - 26/52 Night 1 and Night 2

Good shooting, and well done John. That can't have been easy through a moving coach window. Works very well for the theme too.

you sure thats straight? :p

As said...well done you for capturing thru the coach window. Saga holiday was it?:D

Great shot John especially through a coach window (y)

Cheers Dave :)

Good shooting, and well done John. That can't have been easy through a moving coach window. Works very well for the theme too.

Thanks John - seemed a bit of a cheat taking it from the coach but there ya go :)

you sure thats straight? :p

As said...well done you for capturing thru the coach window. Saga holiday was it?:D

Cheers Pat and yes its straight ;)!

Saga? Hmm I do qualify :LOL: but it wasn't! :D

Wow I wish my shots from moving vehicles were this good. An excellent interpretation, hope you enjoyed Cuba(y)

Oooh Cuba, was it scary? Friend of ours went on business and was shocked at what went on!!

This shot is excellent, bottom of the house looks very straight its the roof that isn't!!! so not much you can do about that, although I'm sure the man wouldn't have minded you doin it for the sake of your art. :LOL::LOL:

Good clarity, colour, composition and mood in this DS, well done :clap::clap:

ps hope you and your family had a good trip.

Wow I wish my shots from moving vehicles were this good. An excellent interpretation, hope you enjoyed Cuba

Thanks Mark and yep Cuba was gooood :)

Well done getting the shot from a moving coach. You've also captured a good candid shot. As you say, poverty is everywhere in Cuba, but this puts a personal face on it.

Jean

Cheers Jean - I had a few to choose from but this just sat right with me :)

Oooh Cuba, was it scary? Friend of ours went on business and was shocked at what went on!!

This shot is excellent, bottom of the house looks very straight its the roof that isn't!!! so not much you can do about that, although I'm sure the man wouldn't have minded you doin it for the sake of your art. :LOL::LOL:

Good clarity, colour, composition and mood in this DS, well done :clap::clap:

ps hope you and your family had a good trip.

Cheers Angela - it wasn't scary but it was 'different' - we were cosseted in an all inclusive hotel so didn't see as much of the real Cuba as I would have liked - another day maybe :)

Great shot John, not even gonna ask how you got it through a moving coach :)

Ta Ruth - I pointed and shot and hoped :D The windows were clean - that helped :D

UP - I got the UP message in Cuba and went looking - and I've ended up spoilt for choice :thinking:

I have 4 shots I liked and each meant a different Up to me :)

The one I've chosen was from the rooftop terrace of the Grand Hotel in Santiago its a simple shot and the "Up" in this case was me - I was up there looking down!

Links below to my other choices - as I said it was hard for me to choose but my gut went with this one!

3428008173_49179d4032_o.jpg

Alternatives:

Buzzard 1
Buzzard 2
Maceo Memorial

John, as far as I'm concerned you chose exactly the right 'UP'. Cuba may be a poor country with all sorts of problems but all the people I've met there are happy and music is a major, daily part of their lives.

I like the shadow on the tiled floor and the musician looks as though he's dancing to his music. (y)

Another UP - it's very 'upbeat' :)

btw - I also like the ones on your flickr - I just like this one best. :)

Jean

Another great shot DS, and I agree with Jean it has a nice upbeat feel. I like the fact that the neutral tones in the picture allow the texture/pattern of the tiles to stand out.

fab :clap: :clap: :clap:

I really like both shots (y)

Poverty really works well, great positioning of the man in the frame and the basic building is great.

I'm not sure the Up shot is quite right for the theme as I would have thought it would be more "Down", however, the shot is a really good one, I love the isolation of the subject and the quality of the shadow.

Cheers Simon - I can see what you mean about 'up' :) However I was 'Up' above him so I reckon it fits ;)

Poverty shot is very good and the Up shot is excellent, really like that.

Good shot for Up John. His hand it Up, it shows in his shadow too. I really like it (y)

14 of 52: Letter

Ok its been a rushed week: back from Cuba on Tuesday with 'Up' and 'Poverty' in the camera and needing to be processed and 'Letter' in the back of my mind. Lots of 52s to catch up on! Jetlag to get over; holiday pics to think about, work and a new job to get sorted!

And this weekend my daughter back to Uni and a major under sink leak this morning following the installation of a new washing machine grrrrr :(

So I've had 30 mins to set up and take this one!

Technically its nowt special but if you take the letters in the rack plus all the words (including one very dodgy one :)) I've covered the alphabet (I hope!)

Now that was fun :) Hope you like it!

3438732044_cd5f258e62_o.jpg

Cheers Ruth - I forgot to mention Scrabble happens to be one of my fave games :)

:geek:

Oh my goodness, that scrabble board looks older than mine! and that's saying something!!!

Nice shot, that meets the theme and with such a rush on I think its great that you managed to get it in on time. well done :clap::clap:

Cheers Angela - I guess its about 45 years old :) We lost two racks but still have all the letters :)

Welcome back young man...:wave:

It's not been the same without you...:(

I liked the Poverty...

But the Up was something else....:clap: absolutely brilliant...:clap::clap::clap:

Letter was very clever...(y)

Hope you enjoyed the holiday...

Thats kind of you Marcus thanks :)

Hols were great ta - nice to be back though.....not! :D

Well done for getting it done John :D... Can't have been easy. It's a good take on the theme, and works well (y)

Cheers John :) I'm hoping folk are checking my 'letters' I'm pretty sure I covered them all :)

Thank heavens for those blank tiles...:)

Your up is good and I liked Jeangenies comment on it being UPbeat :)

Poverty was a great shot. The poor guy looks really fed up.

Great perspective and lovely detail in the Up image. Nice composition and exposure.

Nice work with the Scrabble letters.

Nice to see s many folk keeping up with their 52s. I'm so far behind and lacking in inspiration at the moment and being hyper critical of anything I manage to shoot.
Well done on catching up so quick John :clap:

well done on catching up John. I never thought of scrabble (probably because I'm rubbish at it). You've done a good job, given the time constraints. I'd have preferred a little less of the table top, but that's a minor issue.
Mark

You have been a busy lad John (y)
Just one quick question whats a "Oxnmgfe" :shrug: :D

Or who is Meg 'n' fox
Or what is a Meng fox
:shrug:
OK I'll quit now :D

Pat, Maureen, Mark'n'Chris thanks all :)

Yep I've been busy and still some 52s to catch up on!

Fox g-men?

I've no damn idea :D

How about UU? That was a cheat!

Very nicely done! I just knew that you were going to do this and after 'that incident' with the monopoly it was another reason why I steered as far away from Scrabble as I could!!

Very nicely done! I just knew that you were going to do this and after 'that incident' with the monopoly it was another reason why I steered as far away from Scrabble as I could!!

Thanks David :) but damn - it seems I'm predictable :D

I owe and others some comments for the last few weeks - I'll get to them later :)

Back