52 from Dark Star - 26/52 Night 1 and Night 2

You've made a fine job of that Sir, I like the catchlights in the eyes, the negative space works well too and the angle of the lighting make for a very sinister shot.

Very well done.

Perfectly said, although I do not think it is too sinister. great shot! :clap: :clap:

Longing - I know that feeling (both from the car drivers' view and your own) - well spotted and well taken.

Dark - Great shot and fab lighting, although I am slightly distracted by the shadow your nose produces on your forehead. I wonder what a small reflector pushing a tiny bit of light back in to your face would have done.

Really like the lighting you have used although Simon makes a good point about the shadow.

I'm also don't think it is particularly sinister but I don't know whether that is entirely what you were aiming for? If it was then the facial expression isn't quite doing it for me.

Well it had to be done from you...Dark Star...:clap:

Lighting looks great and what lovely eyes you got (catchlights I mean)...:LOL:

a little like Darth Vader when he took off his mask...:eek:

Seriously like this from you (y)

Excellent work from you this week...(y)

Thanks for the feedback folks :)

Point taken about the shadow of my conk :)

This was a hastily set up job late last night - just didn't have time enough this week

The light was a single torch held (obviously lol) beneath my face :)

I wasn't aiming for sinister just 'expressionless' I guess :D

Its out of my normal zone so I'm kinda pleased with what I ended up with from about 10 shots :D

I wasn't aiming for sinister just 'expressionless' I guess :D

Its out of my normal zone so I'm kinda pleased with what I ended up with from about 10 shots :D

I didn't think you were trying to be scary - and don't take this the wrong way but "expressionless" is exactly what I'm getting from you so you've achieved your aim there :D

Seriously - I think you've done a great job with the lighting so you should be pleased with yourself (y)

I didn't think you were trying to be scary - and don't take this the wrong way but "expressionless" is exactly what I'm getting from you so you've achieved your aim there :D

Seriously - I think you've done a great job with the lighting so you should be pleased with yourself (y)

Haha - thanks DS much appreciated - I figured me gormlessly grinning in the dark would be daft and I'm not sure a grimace would have been effective :)

So I wiped my face clean of expression (my normal pose in fact that side of the camera :D)

Well done John, that's a great shot, and you've pulled off what you wanted to achieve, and it's a great take on the theme (y)

I think this is a stunning shot, John. The sort of thing you'd see in an expensive coffee table book of photographs, or a still from one of those films where you know there's a hero, but you're not sure if it's this guy or not! Enigmatic, is the word I'm looking for... (y)

imo your expression suits the mood of the shot very well. Excellent interpretation. :clap::clap::clap:

Jean

Excellent take on the theme John - A Dark Star indeed :D I love the lighting amd it reminds me a bit of the computer bloke in Red Dwarf (another star type) :LOL::LOL::LOL: I love it :love: Well done (y)

John, Jean, Jill what can I say? Well I guess thanks as a kick off ;)

Enigmatic? Moi? :D That's a first :D

Now Holly from Red Dwarf - that's more like it :)

Thanks again folks :)

Simple....I had a few ideas about this - bubbles were in there somewhere when we had a visit yesterday from some friends of James and their 7 month old Emelia. Of course photos were taken :) and it dawned on me how fascinated babies with such simple things

Emelia had a grip on her and wouldn't let go of my finger so I took this

It just seemed to fit the simple theme for me: a simple pleasure, a simple act :).

Here's my simple:

3515165097_cb6879295c_o.jpg

Oh that's a very good shot, lovely and clear and I like the vibrance from her pink sleeve.

Simple indeed (y)

Thank you all sooo much for the positive comments :)

I owe you all comments and hopefully I'll be in catch up mode in the next few days :D

Life gets in the way of photography some days :D

Spot on John (y) that's a lovely shot of a simple thing

Simple, yet moving in a fuzzy, cuddly sort of way - and I'm not even one of these girls that coo's over babies.

Focus on the hand is spot on as well :clap:

As i am later replying than normal this week, I think most people have already summed up this shot. My first reaction was aaaawwwww, then started to examing the skin tone on that precious little hand. (which is spot on) the pink gives good colour and all add up to a fab shot. :clap: :clap: :clap:

John, DS, Jeff and Angela many thanks for the comments :)

Much appreciated as ever! :)

I love the simplicity of this shot...works for me :clap:

What a fantastic take on the theme :clap::clap::clap:

Well spotted, and well taken with one hand :woot:

Great DoF and spot on skin texture (y)

PS Is it only me or does the bar seem higher every week :shrug:. Whatever it is though you always rise to the challenge.

Thanks Jon and Jill - and thanks for reminding me it was a one handed take :D

sweet! I rather like it. I have to agree about b&w though, and also maybe a bit of a conntrast boost to isolate the hands from the background. Nice work.

Thanks Simon and Matt - I'm not wholly convinced a B&W conversion would suit this one myself as the delicate skin colouring and detail is what appeals mostly to me about this one :) but maybe I'll give it a go later :)

19 of 52 Linear

Well I learnt something from this one, or maybe I realised something...I simply love architecture shots and in particular abstract architecture shots:).

Since diving into the world of photography (first in 1978 but really with passion 3 or so years ago) I've dabbled in all sorts of styles and subjects but I keep coming back to this!

A recent day in town furnished me with lots of opportunities to indulge in this love :love:

I had lines/linear in my head while I wandered round with my 70-200mm on and this is the shot I've chosen to use for this weeks image.

Plenty of linearity here :)

3535508167_52ddd4b34c_o.jpg

PS: I've just noted someone has rated the thread :blush: , well many thanks to whoever did that - I reckon all the 52s deserve gold stars for sheer persistence :)

Last edited:
Hi John. Thought I'd have a TP catch-up session this morning, and took myself to this thread.
And I'm glad I did as a lot of your photos in here are brilliant! Although I don't always comment on every one of them, they are all lovely to look at.
Keep 'em coming in and keep it up. :)

Just realised I haven't commented on your Simple shot, lovely, fits the theme and reminds me of the days when mine where that small, which wasn't so long ago.

Linear, I knew you'd like this theme, and you've definitely done it justice. No such Linearity in buildings in rural Norfolk...

Mark(y)

Very good Linear shot, no lack of lines here. I like how you have framed it, keeping it straight but lots to interest the eye.

And I'm glad I did as a lot of your photos in here are brilliant! Although I don't always comment on every one of them, they are all lovely to look at.
Keep 'em coming in and keep it up.

Ian that's very kind of you - thanks for looking :)

Just realised I haven't commented on your Simple shot, lovely, fits the theme and reminds me of the days when mine where that small, which wasn't so long ago.

Linear, I knew you'd like this theme, and you've definitely done it justice. No such Linearity in buildings in rural Norfolk...

Mark(y)

London is chocabloc with these beauties :)

Cheers Mark

Nice you John, could have predicted some great buildings from you on this subject, great as always :)

Why thank you young Ruth, much obliged :D

Stunning!! :clap: :clap:

Glad you think so Angela, many thanks :D

Very good Linear shot, no lack of lines here. I like how you have framed it, keeping it straight but lots to interest the eye.

Ta Gary - its a pet love of mine shooting these critters :) And they stay still :D

Back