52 Week

A very different interpretation, it works well, and I really like the details in the banking... not sure on the sky in the upper left though.

Hi Lizbeth,

The chemical plant for Chemistry is a lovely shot. Nice sweeping vista ruined by industrialisation. Where was it taken out of interest?

I really like Candid too. The combination of colours works really well, although it looks a bit like there's some halo'ing going on around the trees. Was this an HDR attempt, because it kind of has that feel to it.

Would like to see a reprocessed version with the sky tackled a bit differently as mentioned above.

Nice work though!

Ian.

Candid - Brilliant !!

Nice to see a variation on the theme that doesn't include poeple or things. I like your processing too.

On reflection I feel that the "processed" shot is much more atmospheric.:eek:
Both certainly are candid(y)

I looked 'candid' up in the dictionary and came up with the definition 'freely critical' - when I saw this riverbank my candid opinion, freely given, is very critical !!!!!! :LOL:

:LOL: Love that interpretation !!!

And this is a great shot. In fact I think it's the best so far from you.
The halo is slightly annoying on the more processed shot, but I like it a lot more than the second version you posted.
It's just full of atmosphere and I think I can live with the halo for the sake of the rest of the shot.
Strong composition, nice and sharp and the muted colours work well. I like this a lot (y)

I looked 'candid' up in the dictionary and came up with...

Good grief, that's bending things a little isn't it. I should probably applaud the fact that you've managed to come up with something different from the norm, but unfortunately the shot is doing nothing for me. It's just a bit of a mush of greeny grey tones and I'm struggling to find anything to focus on. Sorry.

I have to say that this is one of the best kiwi fruit shots I've ever seen. It's vibrant, beautifully toned and the radial pattern in the main segment is fantastic.

Superb(y)

Simple stunning. Pin sharp, beautiful colours and real 'depth' I could almost eat them !!

simple and nice. Like how it fills the frame as well. AS mentioned above, can see something similar on the wall of an overpriced trendy juice bar!

Very nice. Simple, juicy and green.

All good.

Ian.

I like this too. So simple, but filling the frame with the juicy fruit works really well.

Makes me want to eat it! Nice crop, and really juicy kiwi.

Would the shot work if you lit it from underneath the kiwi?

Produce, that's excellent. Clear, crisp, fresh.. it wouldn't be amiss on an ad or packet (y) nice one.

Love you last two 52s(y) Candid is an inspired interpretation :) and I like it.....I love shots where nature is reclaiming what once was hers.

and your produce shot is so lovely and fresh! Really nice work :)

Nice Kiwi pic Liz, brings out the juiciness of the fruit and they are very detailed.

I wonder if you could have softened the flash slightly you would have brought out more detail as its reflected it a teeny bit.

Great shot,

Dan

Excellent! Really conveys the essence of the kiwi fruit with good colours, lots of detail and the sparkling juiciness.

Mouthwatering! :clap::clap:

You have really caught the colour, texture and succulence of the Kiwi fruit here.

d'ya know what, i think thats fantastic!! i think that would be perfect as a poster in a cafe or on supermarket branding etc!

Very vibrant and colourful pic of a kiwi fruit. Exposure and focus are spot on.(y)

Back