7th time down avenue 52 COMPLETED

Hi Michael. It is Whole circles but can't quite make out what it is. The bg is foliage and can see the effects of glowing edges has on that but not how/what created the circles. Am I being (particularly) dense today?

I have no idea what I'm looking at, but I like the photo. Nice processing.

Liking Whole Michael but no idea what it is :thinking:

Pleased it's liked so far! Its a round thing with balls in it :thinking:, , oh and it spins round too and makes a noise, I spun it while using a long exposure, I'll show the boring image of it...

Attachments

• M34A8965.jpg
    M34A8965.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 9
Great structure in need of repairs! Very sharp and good lighting, and B&W conversion fits the structure.

If it wasn't for that Structural arch, there'd be a pile of bricks on the deck. What a fabulous subject for the theme. Excellent b&w.

Great structure in need of repairs! Very sharp and good lighting, and B&W conversion fits the structure.

Good symmetry, b&w works well...I'm not sure I'd want to be standing there!

Edit - so this is Trentham Gardens? Having just seen David's Hanley shot I'm wondering just how many of the 52ers are in Stoke this year!

Never really stopped off in stoke, it was only an hour away and national trust, seemed like a good place to go. Wonder if it will be affected by storm dorris?

If it wasn't for that Structural arch, there'd be a pile of bricks on the deck. What a fabulous subject for the theme. Excellent b&w.

Was hoping for some sun light to lift it, but very pleased with the turn out of the black and white.

Blimey that looks fragile :eek:

A well balanced shot in terms of composition and tonal range but not the most exciting image. Having said that it's not a very exciting theme :coat:

I've seen worse still standing :D looks an interesting building, do you have a wide shot as well? (y)

Blimey that looks fragile :eek:

A well balanced shot in terms of composition and tonal range but not the most exciting image. Having said that it's not a very exciting theme :coat:

An interesting find, looks good in B&W with all the different textures.

I've seen worse still standing :D looks an interesting building, do you have a wide shot as well? (y)

Seen better days has that, Michael. Gritty B&W works well.

I'd like to see the whole of the door.
Cheers.

A coule of others from differnet views,

trentham remains #2 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

trentham remains #4 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

trentham remains #1 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Hi Michael,

Smooth - Not sure what it is, but it's an interesting use of diagonals. I'm glad it's not symmetrical
Mineral - The one you posted here is my preference, I think again it's due to the use of diagonals, and also the colour.
Whole - Okay, I'd never have guessed what it was from the original image. I do really like the processing :)
Structure - The first & third shots for me. I like the focus on the dereliction in the first shot, the diagonals (again) in the third.

Nice Routine clear up, got to say the winds here were scary. Like how you have put the three photos together, plus handyman with a screwdriver :)

After I went to check it wasn't going anywhere else, i was surrounded bywhat can only be described as a mini tornado, debris was circling around me and I was in the eye of the wind, 5 seconds later it had passed and gone, very strange and scary but an awesome experience at the same time!

Trentham is my idea of a photographers dream location - especially like the decay and flaky paintwork. Don't envy your Routine - we thankfully were largely unscathed - just the bbq toppling over.

Hi Michael

I like your first/main structure shot showing brick detail. Great but sad old building.

I like the story telling in this triptych, and very topical too for this week. i had a similar day yesterday repairing and replacing all my missing/broken fence panels. i bet that trampoline was a pain to shift back into position.

Hi Michael,
A story telling triptych :) Exactly what photography is for.
I have to wonder if there are different angles that could have been taken though.

Yep could have done a little better I think, but my son was running around with the tools and wanting to help

I like the story telling in this triptych, and very topical too for this week. i had a similar day yesterday repairing and replacing all my missing/broken fence panels. i bet that trampoline was a pain to shift back into position.

It was a pain, the netting had ripped and the metal which goes round at the top of it had spun open and dug in to the soil a few inches, thankfully the fence was put up with brackets so the panel could be unscrewed, rolling out carefully as the metal pole flexed back again.

It is a routine job picking all the pieces up after a storm, very neat job and spot on theme.(y)

2 very nice shots indeed. For me attractive is the better of the 2, lovely colours and lighting.

By my eye, the rocks in the sea and water etc have lost some of the saturation and impact, probably down to highlight recovery as this appears to have been very challenging with regards to the dynamic range but I may be wrong. Also the horizon isn't level :p

Number looks colour wise a bit odd, as if the mid tones were missing, but well composed.

Attractive is a great photo, nothing to criticise here. Great sunset colours, and I like the silhouette and reflection of the surfer.

Number is a very nice shot showing the price £3 for the necklaces. Attractive is another good shot, showing the surfer getting ready and watching the waves, even though he is dead center I like it :)

Thanks Dave,

2 very nice shots indeed. For me attractive is the better of the 2, lovely colours and lighting.

By my eye, the rocks in the sea and water etc have lost some of the saturation and impact, probably down to highlight recovery as this appears to have been very challenging with regards to the dynamic range but I may be wrong. Also the horizon isn't level :p

Hi Chris, I think you are right re the highight recovery and dynamic range, I had left my battery at the cottage we were staying in, thankfully my brother had a spare camera, but not canon, not totally used to what it was capable of. I looked loads of times at the horizon lol

Number looks colour wise a bit odd, as if the mid tones were missing, but well composed.

Attractive is a great photo, nothing to criticise here. Great sunset colours, and I like the silhouette and reflection of the surfer.

Cheers Bernd, took a bit of recovery with shadows and stuff to get the image I wanted, quite pleased I managed this with the lighting being tricky,

Hi Michael,
Number - Bit of a shoe horn perhaps? But actually I do like the way the sign contrasts with the beach scene.
The greenery at the top of the shot is a bit off putting, but other than doing some gardening first, there isn't much to be done about it.
Attractive - I too like the silhouetting you've achieved, combined with the pink and blue of the sunset. Nice one.

Nice catch up, my favourite is the great sea and cloud panorama!

Back