A bit of good news.

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Good news my local pair of Kingfishers have successfully fledged their third brood this year.
At least five chicks possibly 6 are still about after their first few days.
The bad news is that a new female is on the scene and I have not seen the mother of the chicks for over a week.
The male bird has been doing all the feeding duties whilst chasing off the new female.

I have stayed clear of the chicks but dad still lets me take his picture.

1.Harsh light again.
6092125963_93dec99409_o.jpg

2. A bit of fill flash.
6092126367_1316af11e2_o.jpg

3. The light changes and so does the colour of the kingy.
6092126805_e6cabf25a7_o.jpg

6092127101_aaac8cf6f3_o.jpg

5. The new female. Not very happy with the male who was about 6 foot away on my perch.
6092665000_8ef4f516db_o.jpg

These are my last kingies for a while as I have an extension to build on my house over the winter months.
Thanks to everyone who has commented and helped with my Kingfisher images this year.

Marty.

Another lovely set of images Martin and good news regarding the youngsters.
Best of luck with your build sir (y)
John

fantastic shots, lovely to see! Hope the extension gets finished quickly before it gets too cold (and so you start taking shots like this again to share with us :) )

The blue back on no3 is fantastic and another fine set, i think you may just be the king of kings this year :LOL:
Send some spare ones up this way if you like, very poor year for kings in North Yorkshire :crying:

Excellent again Martin (y)

Will the new female try harm the young?

Great pictures all year. hope we have a mild winter and we can follow them all through winter in your fantastic photo's

stuart

Fantastic shots, i see your from essex, are the birds local, id love to get some shots of these beautiful birds

The blue back on no3 is fantastic and another fine set, i think you may just be the king of kings this year :LOL:
Send some spare ones up this way if you like, very poor year for kings in North Yorkshire :crying:
Thanks Neil.
After amount of time I have spent with with the Kingies this year I must have a bit of blue blood.:LOL:
Sorry to hear of shortage of Kingies up north, maybe some of the fledglings will head north.

Excellent again Martin (y)

Will the new female try harm the young?
Thanks Bob.
I would say that she is the least of their worries. I paid a visit today and the only bird i spotted near the river was a sparrow hawk, twice.:crying:

great set as usual mart, shame about the female but thats how it goes.
Thanks Lea. Nature can be cruel sometimes.

As good as they get I would say Martin, especially #2 and 3
Cheers Roy.

lovely set and great to know they have done so well
Thanks Kaz.

Great pictures all year. hope we have a mild winter and we can follow them all through winter in your fantastic photo's

stuart
Thanks Stuart. I would love to be able to follow them through the winter m8, but I think they all head to the coastal areas of essex.

Fantastic shots, i see your from essex, are the birds local, id love to get some shots of these beautiful birds
Thanks. They are all over essex you need to just get out and find them.

Thanks. They are all over essex you need to just get out and find them.[/QUOTE]

any near Colchester/maldon direction?

Back