A challenge for the days ahead: Just a chair (OR CHAIRS!)

Seeing as one of the first few photos I took with my camera was a chair, I may as well enter :)

rustic_chair.JPG

Thats an amazing picture! seriously! May I ask what processing you did on it?

GAH!!! the one question I didn't want :LOL: Sorry, I tried so many different processes on several versions of this chair sort of lost count [might post one of the others later], but I think this one was quite straight forward IIRC, a very gentle hdr first to get the detail, then I converted a duplicate layer to mono, the reduced the opacity to bring some colour back through and merged, sharpened and done. I supose thats actually quite a lot of processing, but I thought it was kind of subject that could carry it off and didnt get chance to get out and get the other idea I had. :shrug:

GAH!!! the one question I didn't want :LOL: Sorry, I tried so many different processes on several versions of this chair sort of lost count [might post one of the others later], but I think this one was quite straight forward IIRC, a very gentle hdr first to get the detail, then I converted a duplicate layer to mono, the reduced the opacity to bring some colour back through and merged, sharpened and done. I supose thats actually quite a lot of processing, but I thought it was kind of subject that could carry it off and didnt get chance to get out and get the other idea I had. :shrug:

Well its a damn good image and id be very proud of it.

Oooooh ta, I think :D

I'm in a bit of a lull. Not depressed, just tired and a touch demotivated. Once back at work, I will get back into photography to restore the balance :D

Gary.

I know what you mean mate. I think it's better to be busy which is why I'm looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow.

Well its a damn good image and id be very proud of it.

Thankyou, glad you like it, poor chair normally sits around totally ignored but not enough to get rid of IYKWIM, but taking these pics have pushed me into giving it a leather treatment and some much needed TLC :LOL: ;)

Well heres my attempt, thanks to my Daughter Sarah for modelling, shes on the Naughty Chair, tried to think a bit differently, this is the idea I had this morning that I mentioned to you Gary

Naughty_Chair_03_small.jpg

Naughty_Chair_02_small.jpg

Naughty_Chair_01_small.jpg

Dave

I really don't have any interesting chairs around here :( do have some funky benches though!

and

2009-01-04_211657.jpg

Ah ... I've only just spotted this thread. Brilliant idea - how to make the mundane interesting.

Here's a couple ...

IMG_3136.jpg

and

IMG_3140.jpg

MV

I think everyone has risen to the challenge, so what's next week's Gary? :D

Some great photos (y)

1. Computer Chair
IMG_34582.jpg

2. Another Computer Chair
IMG_34641.jpg

3. JCB Chair.... It was getting cold and I wanted to get home so this is my 3rd chair!
IMG_3486.jpg

Cheers
Euge

Jesus, you were about 2 minutes away from my house!!! lol

My three:

The Artists Chair:
DSC_2919.jpg

Out in the Woods (bit blown but thats life =/):
DSC_2937.jpg

Abstract
DSC_3103.jpg

Here are my three, not as creative as the shots above but at least they got me out of the house. :)

Not sure why these were here they looked pretty new compared the rest of the rubbish laid around.

Abandoned.jpg

This was taken with a p+s. I forgot to turn of the shutter sound and the lady turned round and glared at me when she heard it.

Cafe.jpg

There are lots of these benches in the park. All have been donated in remembrance of a departed loved one. It's such a shame they have to be chained down.

Bench.jpg

4. (OK, 1 to many, shoot me!!)

I spied these in a garden along the tow path. I only had chance of one shot which is why it's way oof.

Cats.jpg

Thanks for the challenge Gary, what's next?

Back