A Day in TalkPhotography™ Time. Discussion. FINAL DEADLINE - 1800hrs GMT 29/9/10

I have now sent you all an email confirming receipt!

Please check all inbox areas including spam.

If you have not received one please let me know.

Apologies to those who received more than one confirmation - it was due to me receiving more than one email from you.

Hope this has solved the requirement?

:)

Sweeeet :)

Please could people give it an hour or so before checking their email - to account for any slow servers etc.

Also - Toothie got your flickr link and HopefulM I have received your entry but your mail inbox is full so you will not have received the confirmation.

I am off out for a party. Beeeeeer!

Laters!

Last edited:
Yep, I had a funny little e mail in little writing form Little Mattie :LOL:

Took me a couple of seconds to work out what the strange e-mail was about. :bonk:Thanks for the confirmation and pulling all this together.
Mark(y)

Sadly, the shot I've entered doesn't reflect my subject of choice (Glamour and Nature & Landscape), but that wasn't possible given the deadline.

However the picture I did submit does reflect another matter that I like, and that's pushing the limits.

Basically, it's just a simple fountain, but one has to take that picture into the context of where and when it was shot.

Being in Saudi Arabia, photography in public is a rather thorny matter as people here are very conservative. Also, the location of this fountain, it sits right in the way overlooking the Crown Palace and in a location that's heavily volatile, hence photography in that part of my city is rather not well tolerated, we're not permitted to shoot in the direction of the Crown Palace.

Add to that, the fact that on the day of the shoot, being in the holy month of Ramadan, the Crown had royal guests from other countries; the whole area was heavy with royal guards.

So, setting up a tripod and taking long exposures was sure to attract a lot of security officers, but thankfully nothing drastic came about. I managed to get the shot I wanted and move away before any real trouble came.

Had I been stopped from shooting this, my second practical option for the day would have been to shoot street-photography depicting the mood of the holy month.

My first choice, and something I was so hoping to be able to pull off, was an implied nude in the desert at night; but that wasn't possible for many reasons.

Sweeeet :)

Please could people give it an hour or so before checking their email - to account for any slow servers etc.

Also - Toothie got your flickr link and HopefulM I have received your entry but your mail inbox is full so you will not have received the confirmation.

I am off out for a party. Beeeeeer!

Laters!

Let me know if that's ok i used flicker to email it so not sure now it worked, didnt realise you only got a link.

i took a shot for the day, but discovered that my 7d actually doesnt focus properly so anything thats within 10ft is out of focus. bummer

How are all the entries coming along and when might we see the slideshow in action? :)

Hey from sunny Scotland!

I have only had a couple more entries by email so am still short- lots of people have posted in thread and not sent them in email. Only the ones sent by email will be included in the slideshow.

The deadline for entries is the 20th September and I will start working on the slideshow after that :)

Well - mine's in the thread, and i've just emailed the full-size one - well - the digital version - it'd be a bit difficult to email an actual Kodachrome Slide... It'd make a big lump in the telephone cables for a start :LOL:

@BigYin

I love your contribution. I haven't been to the YSP for ages but don't remember that sculpture. Is it a recent addition?

@BigYin

I love your contribution. I haven't been to the YSP for ages but don't remember that sculpture. Is it a recent addition?

It's been there at least 18 months, could have been longer. It's part of a series of sculptures by Sophie Ryder - loads more shots in my Flickr - I think my favourite was this one

Buffalo Bill and the Big Bunny

but it's not been there last couple of times I've been there. Always looked to me like they were standing at urinals :LOL:

Superb TBY and kudos for shooting on film.

Email has arrived too.

Thanks for bringing some film work to the project matey (y)

Superb TBY and kudos for shooting on film.

Email has arrived too.

Thanks for bringing some film work to the project matey (y)

Glad the full size version made it to you in one piece. I seem to have spent the last 2 weeks scanning film after film - aside from the last 6 frames of Kodachrome, I went through 2 more rolls of velvia 35mm, 2 rolls of 120 black and white in my Voigtlander, and a couple of rolls of colour negative in the pinhole camera (one of which I made a rick of whilst processing and was left with a lovely clear orange strip of film :bonk:) so I've had a lot of trawling to do.

Now I can get the digital camera out and shoot something for this months POTY challenge - I haven't worked out how to do HDR's from film yet :LOL:

"All the gear" Matty? ;)

Can't you just pretend you did it on purpose? :LOL:

I wasted a good 3 hours on it! Camera has been forwarded to lehmanns...not sure why Elstree did that...:thinking:

Hey from sunny Scotland!

I have only had a couple more entries by email so am still short- lots of people have posted in thread and not sent them in email. Only the ones sent by email will be included in the slideshow.

The deadline for entries is the 20th September and I will start working on the slideshow after that :)

So... :cautious: ...it's now the 22nd... you finished yet Matt... :naughty:

:LOL:

:p

:LOL: I shall be working on it at the weekend. We have a merry team putting in work on different areas... I will not say further.... :) Yet.

Hey all :D

First day of admin for TP Day!

I have emailed a few of you to request larger versions than the ones you have emailed.

I have 105 entries via email - still less than what was submitted in thread.... Please email them over asap if you would like them to be included in the slideshow and any possible official TP Print...

I am getting to see all the images come together... and to be brutally honest... THEY LOOK SUPERB! You lot are going to be very proud of yourselves and rightly so!!!!

Last edited:
Sorry you didn't receive anything from me - had a bit of a disastrous session :bang:

Sorry you didn't receive anything from me - had a bit of a disastrous session :bang:

Thats ok Sarah :(

Could you not do some funky PP and bring one of the shots to life?

(entries can still be open to you)...

Hey! I am halfway through processing all the image names. Could everyone please check their email - I may have requested your username/real name if they were not included with your emailed entry or could be guessed from your email.

Many thanks :)

Hey! I am halfway through processing all the image names.

I repeat here Matt... You are an absolute star for all the time and effort you are devoting to this TP event... (y)

Whilst I accept it may have been your own fault for suggesting it in the first place... :naughty: ...I reckon you deserve a hearty amount of RESPECT from all of us mere mortals... :ty:

NOW... When we going to see the bloody results we haven't got all year you know... :cautious:

OJ matey... :D

:p

Last edited:
:D Ok ok!

Just starting the second 50 of images. Processing them to be labeled with the togs name and username...

Seriously - thanks for your kind words Rog - they are greatly appreciated. Hopefully the result will be something that everyone who took part can be proud of.

On a plus note - people are getting back to me really quick with any extra info I request via email - keep it up people - the quicker I get the info the quicker your shiny slideshow shall appear (y)

I repeat here Matt... You are an absolute star for all the time and effort you are devoting to this TP event... (y)

Whilst I accept it may have been your own fault for suggesting it in the first place... :naughty: ...I reckon you deserve a hearty amount of RESPECT from all of us mere mortals

Too dam true, well said indeed Mr Green one

And thank you too Matt, really looking forward to the end result(y)

Absolutely great effort (y) :clap:

Can't wait to see the end result, and hopefully the TP Print too :)

Oh, and just so that you know, it's not just mortals that are appreciative; us zombies too :p

UPDATE:

Could all entrants please check the TP Day Credits List: thread here

Right - I am most definitely off for a beer! I sat down to start this at 0945 this morning!!!!

Please also note I am aiming to generate the slideshow on Wednesday night (29th Sept) so please send in your image by then via email (if you have not already) or else it wont be included!

FINAL DEADLINE - 1800hrs GMT 29/9/10!

Cheers :D

This shall be ready for my birthday next saturday - after that I shall be in no fit state for a week or so :naughty:

Last edited:
Just wondering, dont know if it has been said but can the slideshow be used as a screensaver? or maybe someone could make it into one? just a thought not too sure how they work

Just wondering, dont know if it has been said but can the slideshow be used as a screensaver? or maybe someone could make it into one? just a thought not too sure how they work

I could turn it into a screensaver for windows easily enough... If I had the jpegs with which to do so

long time ago --- did we mention a book...? or some publication

do you need my ok [written] to use my image..?

Back