A Day in TalkPhotography™ Time. ENTRIES. FINAL DEADLINE - 1800hrs GMT 29/9/10!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

30-08-10 ...Irlam Fair...around 20:00 just before the fireworks started...had some candy floss as well
the fireworks shots were a write off...:(

1 of 8 carp caught in 24 hrs, hoped for a bigger fish (and a better photo) but on a cold windy morning at 5.34 am in the dark at the side of the humber bank at barrow haven lincolnshire, it's the best i got.had hoped for an earlier one but 11.45 pm on sunday was just too soon :nono:
11lb8oz-534am.jpg

only 11lb 8oz. any crit welcome

Last edited:
Taken at 18:12 on 30/08/2010.

My contribution to TP Day, a picture of my favourite part of North Wales, Tryfan and Llyn (Lake) Ogwen, taken at 6:15pm on 30th August 2010.
This is a long exposure shot, 60 seconds at f16 at iso 200 on a Nikon D700 with a 24-70 at 24mm, using a B & W 10 stop filter and polariser.
There is some movement blur on the grass due to the breeze, but I can live with that!​

30/8/10 11.49.

IMG_0781_filtered.jpg

Here's my contribution. It's a HDR shot of St. Edmundsbury Cathedral in Bury St. Edmund, Suffolk.. I seem to spend a lot of my time photographing churches, mainly interiors but also exteriors. I also have an appreciation of HDR when not over cooked. So yep, that's one of my current passions. It was taken at 4.49pm on the 30th.

IMG_8775_6_7.jpg

Absolutely beautiful shot.

Keith - I've spent a lot of time in those gardens (mainly chasing squirrels!). For an HDR picture I think it's pretty good (although the church looks a bit off-colour). Good to see they've got the scaffolding down now.

Mark - your fruit splash picture is pure class. Love it (y)

Julian - the lighting in your portrait is magic - I love the mystery of the faceless brute :D

Karl - the early start was worth it - that light is lovely and it's great picture :)

Last edited:
In-between cloudbursts - I wanted something that said 'Germany' without shouting about it too obviously...not the shot I had in mind and wanted to get something better but never had the chance - very disappointing day really...
Just got round to processing this as it sat in the bag all day yesterday waiting for me to delete it...

Iserlohn, Germany @ 16.41 CEST

4948905300_4b87c4e071_z.jpg

Last edited:
The only photo I managed to take on the day, at 15.00.

Dunnock.

IMG_4543.jpg

Taken at 11.29AM

Sunflower.

Sunflower_web.jpg

MD:wave:

. . . and a very specific reason for choosing to shoot this, rather than something that I know I could do well at.

Some of you might know that I set myself a challenge of capturing an insect in flight by the end of this Summer. After a few initial disastrous attempts, I've gradually been getting better with thanks to the encouragement and help of people on here. (you know who you are)
Still a long way to go, but this is my best so far - so thank you :)

Taken at 15:10 on Monday.
Canon 18-55mm Kit Lens and YongNuo Flash.

Lucky Heather

Shame there were none of the larger Hovers about on Monday. Those of you who have Heather in the garden will appreciate how close up and how small this little guy actually is :LOL:

Last edited:
Here's my contribution. It's a HDR shot of St. Edmundsbury Cathedral in Bury St. Edmund, Suffolk.. I seem to spend a lot of my time photographing churches, mainly interiors but also exteriors. I also have an appreciation of HDR when not over cooked. So yep, that's one of my current passions. It was taken at 4.49pm on the 30th.

IMG_8775_6_7.jpg

really good shot...the pp has introduced some herringbone patterns in the sky...or were they there...strange cloud shape
hope you win with this...its the best so far...

which process did you use for your hdr, please

30/08/10 15:31pm

Someone said something about passion. I think this counts.....

4948824449_348671f12a_o.jpg

Taken in a back alley at one of the Cambridge Universities. This photo is poingnant for me in a way as for the best part of 12 months (while in recovery from illness) I spent such a lot of time around the city. Honing my photography skills not knowing that one day it would pay me back. It was pure chance that I found myself here on the 30th August and at the right time to get a picture for this thread. Happy days :)

Here is mine:

E24W5938_sb_1.jpg

Taken on the day just after 6 pm on the main street of the town I live in.

Absolutely beautiful shot.

Thank you. I really do appreciate the compliment :)

Keith - I've spent a lot of time in those gardens (mainly chasing squirrels!). For an HDR picture I think it's pretty good (although the church looks a bit off-colour). Good to see they've got the scaffolding down now.

I've done the squirrel chasing myself :D. There's some shots of it on my flickr page, and maybe some on my blog and/or website too. Links in my Signature below.

I've compared the building colour to a standard exposed shot I also took, and there's really not much in it. It's possible the small JPG is affecting it? I've never seen the Cathedral with scaffolding, and the tower was completed in 2005 so it must have been down a while. Inside, there's still scaffolding up around the organ pipes but the vaulted ceiling is now finished in the tower - looks magnificent. Again, shots of it on my website.

really good shot...the pp has introduced some herringbone patterns in the sky...or were they there...strange cloud shape
hope you win with this...its the best so far... which process did you use for your hdr, please

And again, another thank you for your kind words :) The herringbone effect isn't in the full size image I emailed to Smooth, so again i have to put this down to an effect of the small JPG image. The processing was a mix of my own preset in Photomatix followed by further processing in Lightroom, based on my eye. If you want the preset or further info just PM me.

here's mine

this was taken at 19:32 on 30/08/2010
by bennlech in anglesea (my kids were camping)

cabin-sepia.JPG

anyone know why my picasa link wont work ? :( <--sorted
btw, I'm still really wet behind the ears (regarding photography) :)

Joe

Last edited:
H Joe,

The version of the picture you sent me in the email is very small (too small to print/slideshow). Could you send me the full size version please? It will at least be a few megs big.

Cheers.

H Joe,

The version of the picture you sent me in the email is very small (too small to print/slideshow). Could you send me the full size version please? It will at least be a few megs big.

Cheers.

sorry, I'm having a worse than bad day.

I've sent it from my ntlworld email as I must've messed up sending it via picasa

No worries Joe.

The version you just sent is spot on.

:Hope your day improves matey (y)

Just for my reference: 119 shots to this point.

I have had 83 email entries - don't forget to send the full res versions! Email addy in OP :)

Taken on Glasgow TP night shoot.
The young lady is a member of the Glasgow Parkour Club.
The PKgroup were on the Clyde Walkway and were just warming down / stretching after a training session.

Last edited:
your absolutely right, it was off by roughly 1 degree, I did straighten it using the horizon as a guide, but musn't have accounted for the hills ( that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :D )

only joking...even the tower of london is tilted a bit...
your shot isnt showing now??

Oh wow. How did you do that?

Also, Kudos for anyone who can see 'the coathanger'.

near the top right of centre...its the starship enterprise

any way this isnt a day shot..:)

great work no startrails evident...must have been taken at the apogee

Got up for sunrise but as I was sitting in my car contemplating my navel, this little fella came along.

Seagull 01-Sm by Marc, on Flickr

Exif says 5:13, but was actually 7:13... double summer time??? ;)

Last edited:
Superb thread, beautiful images and a great idea.

I'll chuck this in here as its what I was doing but rights restrictions on the race series prevent me from letting you have it without the watermarks... sorry!

cp_bsb_ak_100830-306.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back