A Day in TalkPhotography™ Time. ENTRIES. FINAL DEADLINE - 1800hrs GMT 29/9/10!

Status
Not open for further replies.
desantnik - would you still want it included in print with the watermark?

123 images.

90 emails.

Keep them coming people!

Taken Yesterday 5th Sept @ 14:5 in My Garden in Portsmouth. There was a Bee in my 2.5 year old Sons Sunflower and thought I'd take a photo of it :D

Not sure this qualifies for entry, as nice as it is. :) Photo's had to be taken on Bank Holiday Monday last week.

Aye sorry Lee, needs to have been taken on the 30th - please could you remove.

Shame as it is a beautiful shot.

Cheers matey.

Thanks for the comments guys, I was pretty pleased with how it turned out :)

Oh wow. How did you do that?

BTW @sketch145 - How the heck did you do that ? ( Two photos / long exposure ? )

The photo is a single long exposure (about 30 seconds I think, I had to crank up the ISO to 800 to get this) which allowed the stars to show up but was short enough to avoid a partial star trail (there is a little movement apparent on the full res version though) I live in a fairly remote area so ambient light wasn't an issue. It was then just a case of lighting up the foreground during the exposure, which I didn't do too well with, you may have noticed that the left of the foreground grass is actually the right of the grass cloned across, this is because there was a dark patch from where a bat flew infront of the light during the exposure :LOL:. I made a pretty poor job of the cloning as I was editing for a competition that closed on midnight so it was a little rushed. I'll try and do a better job for when I send Smoothedit the full res version.

great use of 12v halogen lamps;)

Close ;), I originally intended to light it up with a powerful torch, but I couldn't find my decent torch so I lit it up with a burst of flash from a Yongnuo YN560 at full power, zoomed to around 50mm.

Some cracking photos, removed mine as it didnt qualifiy.

I've been busy getting used to new software but here is mine at last - taken at the very end of the TP day (four minutes before the deadline!). One of my passions is photography and another is my family, and they're combined here as the boat in the harbour was bringing our youngest son home after a week away. Taken in Douglas Harbour, Isle of Man, at 23:56.

harbour100930.jpg

Finally got round to dealing with this. It wasn't a bank holiday in Scotland so I didn't have much time to go togging - very frustrating as the weather was fantastic. Taken at 9am (exif is showing GMT though)

bark3635sm.jpg

I noticed this old plum tree trunk catching the morning light and liked the shapes and patterns in it. Over the years photography has made me more conscious of my surroundings and even when I don't have a camera with me I really enjoy the shapes and colours all around.

I was gardening on the bank holiday and forgot about this but I did take some photo's of the finished planting. Hope this is OK - I'm a complete beginer and I've only had my camera a couple of weeks and still getting to grips! Do I need to e-mail it as well?

Taken at around 11.00am - I think!

Last edited:
Yes please Gai - please send the full res (original) to the email in the original post:
tpmoment@smoothedit.com

Many thanks :)

CC_best2resize.jpg

First picture post so hope this loads ok....

I wanted to show something a little different to the usual pin-sharp racing pics I see here, so more "the essence of speed".

taken at 14:38 GMT (15:38 BST).

Doh!
try:
CC_best2resize.jpg

Got there in the end:)

Castle Combe

Last edited:
What about sharpening for the full res. image? I always shoot RAW and process without any sharpening at all until I come to resize it and/or print it. Print needs more sharpening than screen....so what do you prefer?

What about sharpening for the full res. image? I always shoot RAW and process without any sharpening at all until I come to resize it and/or print it. Print needs more sharpening than screen....so what do you prefer?

The version you send via email will be primarily for screen use but may also be used for the TP Book if the idea goes ahead.

Not a straight answer but a standard amount of sharpening will suit both as the prints wont be huge :)

Taken on 30th Aug., I believe the exif should be intact.

This is a water fountain in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Believed to be the worlds' tallest water fountain, reaching a height of 312m.

Last edited:
smooth,

I'll email you the HiRes version later on today ... just as soon as I get back home :)

Taken me a while to decide which one to enter tbh ...got a few stunning sky shots as well around about sunset some amazing broken clouds with sun reflecting off. But this one was taken around noon ...camera's time setting is off so no idea what the EXIF is showing if its still even intact.

This was taken in Namaqualand, South Africa

4977674888_8cb540d81f_b.jpg

Really wasn't worth the wait, but this was the best I managed from the shots on TP day from my roll of Kodachrome...

Hare and Hound

Hare and Hound by The Big Yin, on Flickr

Shot on my final roll of Kodachrome 64, at around 3pm on the 30th August 2010, at Yorkshire Sculpture Park, West Bretton. Haven't checked the Exif details, but as it's a film scan, they'll probably contain the date it went onto the scanner. :shrug:

I'll try and get the original away be email in the next 10 minutes or so...

landscapes being my thing....I'll submit this one
showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

Wail, Quantum, Manxmaid, Crocky and Yardbent your entries have been received.

Manxmaid - your file is very small @600kb. Do you have the full size version available please?

Many thanks for the latest batch of entries all (y)

Yardbent - was yours taken on 30th August 2010? Exif says different :)

Oops :LOL:....:coat:

probably should have included this info....:D

Nikon EM with Nikkor 50mm f2 Ai lens on Fuji Neopan 400CN

developed onto CD by Club35 [so wrong exif date]

taken on 30/08/2010 at about 4pm

location west of Lesmahagow, South Lanarkshire on the Brackenridge Farm road

Like that shot, John (y)

Nice shot John, and glad to see another "Filmie" getting a shot into the mix (y)

Here is my entry, I just pointed it at the only star I could see in the viewfinder and hoped for the best :D

img456c.jpg

Mamiya c330 - 80mm
F4 30mins (Between 9:30 - 10pm)
West Sussex

:woot: Woo-Hooo more Fillum :woot:

(I take it that the straight lines with occasional Red Dots are aircraft flying over?)

Last edited:
:woot: Woo-Hooo more Fillum :woot:

(I take it that the straight lines with occasional Red Dots are aircraft flying over?)

Yer I think so, I am not sure where provia has got all of the star colours from as I thought they where all white :D

Liam, Manxmaid - full sized versions received. Thanks peeps :)

Please also note I am aiming to generate the slideshow on Wednesday night (29th Sept) so please send in your image by then via email (if you have not already) or else it wont be included!

FINAL DEADLINE - 1800hrs GMT 29/9/10!

Cheers :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back