A few from the Loop

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a great day up on the Bwlch Exit on Wednesday this week. Very very cold with nothing through all morning but a pretty good afternoon, topped off by the MC130 at the death. Glad we stuck around until the light went. (y)

5494681467_66c4462b45_z.jpg

5495270198_8d4956040b_z.jpg

5495271010_01cb6a8f6c_z.jpg

5494683059_60f96019f9_z.jpg

5495274026_d5720c7819_z.jpg

5494737249_11f4020c93_z.jpg

Thanks for looking (y)

Gareth

Last edited:
#2 is outstanding. My fav!

They are all great shots though. Good job.

Good set was planning a trip myself but had to change things last minute. pic 6 for me

Number 5 for me! Nice to see a SOG C-130 in the loop.

agreed and have you notice its going the opposite way to the norm ?

a very nice sharp set, i like the last one best.
Rob.

Number 5, awesome!

I like 4 best, but I am biased, it's one of mine (aircraft, not pic)

I like 6, but not 100% on the crop... maybe some more space above :)

Cheers Graham. I was trying to go for the panoramic style with the idea that the aircraft is heading off into the distance. I'll have a look at maybe putting more space above so that it sits bottom right corner and see how that looks...(y)

Cheers Graham. I was trying to go for the panoramic style with the idea that the aircraft is heading off into the distance. I'll have a look at maybe putting more space above so that it sits bottom right corner and see how that looks...(y)

Thats what I was thinking... not a huge amount of space, but just little bit more on the top. Just seems a little cramped. Post up the results, would be good to see :)

The light was just right....March and September are always best times for me. really nice set

Excellent set!
Here's one for the '5Dii doesn't do sports set'
Megapixels can count, but here technique and timing are exquisite.
Well done.

Excellent set!
Here's one for the '5Dii doesn't do sports set'
Megapixels can count, but here technique and timing are exquisite.
Well done.

Cheers Paul. The only down side I can find to the 5dmk2 is the low FPS at 3.9 (I think), but I get far more keepers than I did with the 50d. You do lose a bit of reach from the full frame but the extra megapixels allow you to crop more with little IQ loss. (y)

Gareth

Love them all but no 5 is my favorite.
Nice set thank you for sharing these Gareth.

Nice shots on the exit no1 for me. Can't see there being a lot going on in the near future until the boys sort Libya

Nice shots on the exit no1 for me. Can't see there being a lot going on in the near future until the boys sort Libya

Think you may be right Gary unfortunately. Hopefully it will be a short lived conflict.
There are still the hawks training in the Loop and the Hercs seem to be pretty regular, but no so many front liners. :shake:

Hello fellow member must say great set of images there, I was thinking of paying a visit there too myself but not with camera don't have the required equipment etc, Iam looking at maybe taking my son to observe, so far I have heard Thursday's is good for foreign aircraft etc any advice would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using TP Forums

Back