a few with new lens

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
No
finally got round to upgrading my kit lens to a sigma 17-70 f2.8 macro C, so i went out in search of something interesting to shoot , i am a novice and not a pro so go easy (y)

tree_zps719580bd.jpg

shroom2_zps5043251c.jpg

shroom3_zps51783e66.jpg

sroom1_zps5ddddbc3.jpg

I think they are ok but in need of some pp work, some vibrance for sure and some general tweaking

H

Last edited:
Hi thanks for the crit, i can send you the original if you would like to share your take on them, would help me to understand about the pp side of things.

Were they jpeg or raw ?

Can you dropbox a link ?

For me the focal point isn't too obvious on most of them, but this will come in time once you have got used to using a f2.8, I prefer the last shot out of all of them but feel the focus is still not in the best position :)

It's good to see your new lens getting you out and about, ENJOY it and keep practicing, time with the lens will certainly help (y)

They all look a tad too soft for me :shrug:

did you shoot these wide open by any chance

Les :cool:

I downloaded a couple as jpegs and yeah a bit soft, could be wide open, shake if handheld ? or a number of reasons

H

All were shot at 2.8 apart from number 2 which was shot at about 4 i think. Im on my phone at the moment so cant check. What would you guys suggest

You could put up the setting or Exif, was it hand held ?

H

These were all hand held with no flash i bumped up the iso due to some of them been in the crevices of rotting trees

Back