weekly Adamski 52 for 2023 Wk 37 Hollow

Ooh, pretty colours.

Clever shot Adam :)

Very nice shot and definitely needed the back story on how you got it- very imaginative (y)

Last edited:
Cracking shot Adam, lovely and sharp, well composed and the black background with the bright colours makes it a stand out shot!

Was it a few passes with the LED candles?? Did you take any with just a single pass? Wonder if that would have looked "cleaner" or just less interesting??

Cracking shot Adam, lovely and sharp, well composed and the black background with the bright colours makes it a stand out shot!

Was it a few passes with the LED candles?? Did you take any with just a single pass? Wonder if that would have looked "cleaner" or just less interesting??

I took a fair few, some zig zag, some from above, below some with two lights and so on. I had some where I completed full circles round the sphere. All gave a different image. Don't forget these tea lights change colour also, so no image is the same. It's good fun.

Background was just on the floor in the bedroom..nothing behind it bar a bed and storage boxes.

Well going with this one for week 4 transparent.

Photography sphere, on a mirror, camera in S mode, had to reduce 5 levels of exposure as it was shot in the bedroom later part of the afternoon. Colour changing tealights stuck to a transparent ruler which was rotated around the sphere (sides and back).

I really like this shot (also love your cathedral shots above). The colours in this one work so well, especially in the reflection.
Thank you also for explaining how you got the shot, I'm still trying to learn this type of photography so this was really helpful for me.
Good luck for the rest of the challenge.

I really like this shot (also love your cathedral shots above). The colours in this one work so well, especially in the reflection.
Thank you also for explaining how you got the shot, I'm still trying to learn this type of photography so this was really helpful for me.
Good luck for the rest of the challenge.
I'm still new to photography but find YouTube has some great videos for ideas and things.

Interesting. Well composed. Good colours.

I’d not come across photography spheres so had to look them up. One of the reasons for joining this group is to see alternative ways of seeing photographing, so thank you

Awesome week 4, love everything about it. So creative, I love a bit of light painting/long exposures.

@Darkslinger

As requested. Nothing special. An old broken mirror, ball in the middle, four tea lights (I'm using the other one somewhere else for another thing I'm playing around with tonight). Camera on old cushion. Wait for dark, dropped 5 ev to ensure its black, 5 second shutter speed, think it's F6.3 and 100 ISO (M mode).

Put a 2 second delay / timer, hit the button and then slowly move the ruler around the ball on the mirror around the back and side of the ball.

No fancy mats / studio or anything like that. Camera is actually pointing towards my bed.

Attachments

• PXL_20230130_153247698.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230130_153247698.MP.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
@Darkslinger

As requested. Nothing special. An old broken mirror, ball in the middle, four tea lights (I'm using the other one somewhere else for another thing I'm playing around with tonight). Camera on old cushion. Wait for dark, dropped 5 ev to ensure its black, 5 second shutter speed, think it's F6.3 and 100 ISO (M mode).

Put a 2 second delay / timer, hit the button and then slowly move the ruler around the ball on the mirror around the back and side of the ball.

No fancy mats / studio or anything like that. Camera is actually pointing towards my bed.
Nice, I appreciate you posting this Adam. Goes to show that you don't need be all fancy to get good results.

Great back story as to the creative idea.. and a cracking shot as a result.

Some options for snappers choice.

I like this one I took in Stratford as it has a nice leading line and I suppose it could also be meeting the tech again in Juxtaposition (black and white beams).

This one is me faffing around being arty and trying to do something abstract (whether I succeeded is another matter).

This one I like due to the composition and the tree / leading lines.

And then finally, back to Baddesley with my new 10 mm 7artisan fisheye for this one (also had a go at editing).

Any preferences here?

Last edited:
I agree - the "arty" one is marvellous!

Beautiful colours and tones, love the intersecting lines with the water droplets. Fantastic Adam!

Thanks folks, I need to do that one again as I couldn't line it all up properly and then two days later realised I had purchased an L Bracket which would have solved the problem. I will try it again as its a long exposure image. Again, just trying to learn following ideas from Y.Tube.

It is hot glue, melted, strung out over a whisky glass so it looks like a spider web. Spray with some water and once again the multi coloured tea light under it.

Last edited:
Right at the death this week and I can see from the main thread some people had similar ideas that I was having (oven knobs and such). This was one week where I feared jumping onto Google and searching for "images of knobs" for inspiration may not deliver the result I am after LOL.

So I went with a little play on the subject of me taking a picture of some knobs, taking a picture of some more knobs...

Well given I got some new toys I figured I would play around with them.

S1 and Laowa 100mm F2.8 Macro. Shot on my floor, 1.2 magnification and aperture 22 with the Godox MF-12 set at manual 1/4. It took a fair few shots to get it like this as I wasn't using a tripod, the tip of the lens resting on the carpet (LOL) and I had to wait for the hands to line up (missed lord knows how many times). At F22 the live view is black so you cant see anything, so I was counting in my head.

Last edited:
A very capable bit of macro - and hand held too! Well done! Maybe use a tripod next time, it's much easier. :)

Some watches stop the hands ("hack") with the crown pulled out.

Really impressive!

Liked the new Mill shot but really liked the Abstract shot too real creativity in that shot.
Like your Knob shot again clever composition good use of DoF.
Letters is so sharp, you have a much steadier hand than me!

Great detail and a good theme to get your new toys out for! Well done!

Knobs, technically very nice, lovely bokeh in the trees and super sharp on the camera.

Letters, impressive photo, sounds like you made it as hard for yourself as you could have! The splash of red is nice and bright and bold, the wavey lines are lovely. Again super sharp, detailed and well lit.
2 easy fixes that detract slightly, the red on the right hand border, and you're ever so slightly off level. ;) Nicely done

Cheers @overbez

The red is actually the second hand (it has a red bit after the little white circle) that I hadn't even noticed if I'm honest lol.

I had straightened it from the original image as it was (the watch) balanced on a tablet cushion on the floor (like this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/KANRAX-Sof...2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRm&psc=1)

A proper professional me can you tell.

As the old guy from Jurassic park would say..

Spared no expense :) lol

Last edited:
Back